Miscarriage of Acchild

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Spergcuck of Nignog

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:07 am

It dosen't help when new video hosting sites or media platforms advertise themselves with tired arguments about muh free speech instead of good content.

Nehezir

Post by Nehezir » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:17 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:27 am
Nehezir wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:23 am
livestreamers are getting loads more from donations/paids subscriptions and patreonbucks. kahntent creators for the political commentary sphere sitting on patreon dollars. some things are just leading away from the advertisement model. I think that's a good thing and hopefully it'll help us break out of this trash but maybe it's just too early into the shift.
It's just another bubble. Ad bubble is slowing crashing and now we have the twitch subs and cheers bubble. Eventually that shit will get regulated by the governments or the website will collapse into its own anus as a result of incompetence and hubris. Best case scenario is Twitch slowly worsens the terms of its revenue split over time as it realizes it doesn't have to give as much to its kahntent creators as it previously was (and as their website becomes much more cluttered, just like youtube's did). We're already seeing their TOS update to include more speech restrictions, and these restrictions apply to websites outside of Twitch, too.
I do have to wonder what kind of solution we should brainstorm toward.
Guest wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:07 am
It dosen't help when new video hosting sites or media platforms advertise themselves with tired arguments about muh free speech instead of good kahntent.
I wouldn't call it tired. things haven't finished playing out yet. some people still want precisely that: a hands-off free speech platform.

youtube already has the good content, but also has the draconian overreach. why wouldn't they hammer home something that will differentiate themselves from the thing people are trying to flee from? that's their niche.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:22 am

Nehezir wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:17 am
youtube already has the good kahntent, but also has the draconian overreach. why wouldn't they hammer home something that will differentiate themselves from the thing people are trying to flee from? that's their niche.
Same reason we don't have a moon base. Business isn't about what would be nice. It's about what makes money and works. People cry all the time about mom & pop store not being around anymore and being replaced by Wallmarts. It's because people didn't actually go there anymore.
People will bitch about YT all the time but when's the last time you've been on Vimeo? Ever been to LiveLeak but to watch some decapitation or some shit?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:23 am

You're not going to get a hands-off platform. The content causes the draconian overreach, bro. If YouTube had very little or extremely niche content, then it could afford to have free speech.

I'm not saying this because I LIKE how that shit works. But I've yet to see what I've just said not turn out to be true. YouTube had a lot more freedom over what people could say back when the time limit was 15 minutes and you had filesize limitations + relatively few popular channels and no mainstream media (music, late night tv etc).

Now they have a massive website and they probably field thousands of complaints per day + millions of reports even with all the draconian censorship. They have to pander to muh mainstream current year because they have to make money off those people and do business with them. A VEVO channel gives them way more views than some fucking vlogger or let's player, UNLESS it's one of the very few extremely huge youtube channels.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:21 am

Early YT basically pampered whole generations of nobodies to expect a gold standard that is unsustainable.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:46 pm
I'm eagerly awaiting the usual cries for their own video uploading site to watch that fail. That's how it usually goes whenever YT starts a new purge.
I don't like that they do it but it's to be expected from Google.
They're all waiting for a potential savior that offers them YT+. I guess they might try to host their shit themselves, but that actually costs money.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:55 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:20 am
Google can't even make YouTube directly profitable and they're fucking Google.
You say this like it's surprising. Yeah, Google have lots of money but they are horrendously incompetent, and getting more incompetent by the day.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:05 pm

Apparently there's a youtuber's union.

Yep. That's a thing.

We have reached peak clownworld: internet nobodies forming a fucking union to defend their rights agains youtube, who foots the bill for all heir costs and is in no way, shape or form in a labour contractual relationship with them. I'm at a fucking loss of words, how fucking separated from reality do you have to be to even consider that a union is something that would legitimately work here. NOT posting on YT actually saves them costs, you idiots!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:16 pm

I'll laugh even hard if the idiots who join this fake union are all small-timers with no audience. Because those are exactly the people YT should be banning outright.
RAPEMAN wrote:

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:20 pm

I can't wait for the day YouTube drops monetization all together. Just remain operating as a free service for people to use to share videos online, with ads that help cover its costs only. It would be a nice little "this is why you can't have nice things" lesson to these idiots.
Is Spoony dead yet?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:21 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:20 pm
I can't wait for the day YouTube drops monetization all together. Just remain operating as a free service for people to use to share videos online, with ads that help cover its costs only. It would be a nice little "this is why you can't have nice things" lesson to these idiots.
... And only have monetization at all for actual companies like Vevo. Because you know they're going to keep paying Vevo.
RAPEMAN wrote: