NCunt: Black Cocks Only

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: NCunt: Black Cocks Only

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:51 am

That raises the question if there's even a change to win one if you aren't in their circle. Really sounds a lot like the GDC awards that are basically just a group of faggots giving each other awards with zero regard for merit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:20 am

Or those Kraut TV Awards, which are literally the three biggest channel giving themselves a promotion.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:23 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:51 am
That raises the question if there's even a change to win one if you aren't in their circle.
Of course not. That's why they have Sad Puppies in the first place. Even then, the one year that Puppies nominations managed to sweep the board, the Hugos people chose to burn it down and not give any awards in those categories rather than give an award to someone they don't personally like.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:50 am

drisko wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:09 pm
wildmage wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:55 pm
Hugo's being the Oscar's of the written word is the best comparison you could come up with. Why not slap an Oprah recommended sticker while you're at it?

Besides no-self esteem rubes who need an appeal to authority, who consumes media based on some award?
Here's the big difference, at some point, I was told who won the Oscars this year by someone I knew, but I can't name them because I've forgotten.

No one, ever, has told me who won a Hugo.
You've forgotten the name of the movie or the name of the person who told you about the oscars? No big loss either way.

I'm going to put on my Moviebob pants for a moment and lump the Nobel's alongside the Oscars - for hard sciences the big breakthroughs cannot be done by a single person any more and humanities are a fucking joke. Even the normalfags realized something was off when Chocolate Jesus won the peace price in 2009.

I'd go as far as being an anti-recommendation: if the book is blacklisted, it has to have something good; if it's hated, reviled or talked about negatively - use caution but give it a quick glance.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:03 pm

wildmage wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:50 am
drisko wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:09 pm
I'm going to put on my Moviebob pants for a moment...
Why, are you going to cosplay as Jared Fogle?

rpgworm

Post by rpgworm » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:38 pm

Heaven help me I've watched Lindsay's Hobbit shit... I skipped a bunch because the whole fucking thing is a movie lenght, and Lindsay's voice makes my skin crawl.

But the main thing about it isn't really about the Hobbit movies, and the analysis of them are the exactly same shit everybody already said "bloated epic movie crap, losing all the charm of the original simple short story".

I mean, she does the routine video essay bullshit, get some quotes from authors to validate her obvious basic bitch points and the usual bitching nitpicks, all married with jazzy soundtrack in the back for validation points. that is her forte, make obvious observations sound smart and original for the casual listener.

Then she goes over the story behind those movies, and how Warner Brothers kinda sorta fucked workers laws in New Zeland. It's more complicated than that, but whatever, point is, people got fucked around while making these shitty movies, as in any sort of billion dollar business venture, someone always gonna get it.

And her main point is that "yes we all know people get fucked, but when it happens to the media we love, it takes away the magic of it, and now people want to return to the innocence of childhood, and i don't have any arguments against that". And then she ends in a shot of the returning in her living room, looking lost, the big emotional impact of her documentary.

But how in the fuck is she missing the most obvious thing.... if you are over 20 and still think that entertainment are supposed to be holden to a magical experience, you are a retard. Plain and simple.

People were getting crippled making the old westerns my father loved, and if he knew that probably wouldn't have changed a thing for him, because he was too busy working to feed us. He loved those movies, but they were just that, nothing more than a break between the grinding. Same for my mother, and grandfather, etc.

This stupid reliance of emotional validation out of what can be described as visual bubblegum is ridiculous and it can only come from a generation where people over 35 go to Disneyland withou any kids to relives the "disney magic".

Or Lindsay knows that, and she is just exploiting this topic, because it is easy to fabricate depth over "emotional consumption of mainstream media". And Lindsay's talent is to make her very simple and mundane ideas sound smart to the simple and mundane, who in turn feel that they are smarter by listening to her comentary...

Kinda like a weird Oroboros of mediocrity, devoring/feeding itself while floating over a lake of insipid mass midia trite

*jazzy music plays the back ground

*cut to black

*credits

*cut back previous shot

Oh and Lindsay's is a cunt.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:42 pm

Lindsey the psued reminding us that actual smart people don't like or care about movies in the first place.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:57 pm

I dunno what's more hilarious. That her shitty documentary actually got nominated for an award or that it lost to what is basically fanfiction.net.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:45 pm

LMAO! :lol: Lindsay BTFO!

Anyway, the Hugos haven't mattered in a long time. It used to be run by nerds who genuinely loved genre fiction, but now it's dominated by ideologues who only care about politics and patting their friends on the back. Last year, Zoe fucking Quinn's Gamergate memoir was nominated for a Hugo. I think that was the most blatant example of the judges patting a friend on the back. I don't see how it can get worse than nominating a memoir that has absolutely nothing to do with genre fiction. At least Lindsay's shitty videos critiqued some fantasy films.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:15 am

Cuckara wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:45 pm
a memoir that has absolutely nothing to do with genre fiction.
According to the FBI, the shit Whore Quinn claims to be a victim of never happened.
Her book is technically fiction