Allison in Applebee's Hell: The Lupa Thread

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
TheManWithNoPlan

Re: Sex Cannon Allison Pregler aka Lupa

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Sun May 13, 2018 6:04 pm

I never heared of MST3K before I watched Nostalgia Critic or Spoony I've tried watching some of it and it's a treck to get through. Honestly I prefer Rifftracks or even the RLM commentary tracks.

Post by Guest » Sun May 13, 2018 6:41 pm

The only RLM track I've listened to was Masters of the Universe (because the movie was easy to find on YT.) Felt more conversational, MSt3K/Rifftrax is more of a joke machine than a friend simulator.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun May 13, 2018 10:31 pm

MST3K really shines when they're riffing on those 40s-50s educational shorts. Mostly because they're, well, shorts, so it doesn't feel dragged on, and they're usually able to have some pretty funny quips to go with the obnoxious narration and/or dialogue.

Post by Guest » Sun May 13, 2018 10:57 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 9:41 am
I never saw the point in MST3k. It's all shitty public domain movies right? And old stuff nobody knows? I'd watch someone riff a movie I cared about or hated, but I'm not going to watch some garbage z-list pile of shit just to listen to someone snark over it.
Some of the weird, cheesy b-movies are so bad they're good, and already have some hilarious moments on their own. Like the Pod People episode has a guy at a music studio wearing a shirt that says "Virgin" on it for no reason, black Nazis in Warrior of the Lost World, etc. Those were always the best MST3K episodes in my opinion. The movies had enough train wreck appeal to be interesting on their own, like The Room and Birdemic are known for now, and the riffing guys made the slower parts bearable.

But there were A LOT of movies that were just boring and unwatchable, and even with the riffing they were only good for background noise. The die hard fanboys won't acknowledge that though.

Post by Guest » Mon May 14, 2018 12:39 am

pibbs wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 10:10 pm
Who the fuck would listen to this in 2018?
What kind of loser listens to podcasts at all? I know this generation is pure retarded, but it takes TOO LONG to listen to someone telling a story or whatever when you can scan through pages of text a hundred times faster.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon May 14, 2018 4:25 am

Generally podcasts are used during long card rides or background noise, not many people actually LISTEN to them.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) » Mon May 14, 2018 6:07 am

mad bum wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:25 am
during long card rides
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

jpakke

Post by jpakke » Mon May 14, 2018 7:27 am

There are some good podcasts, but they mostly keep the length at suitable levels. I liked Quantum Leap, and still do so hearing interviews with the people involved with the show could be interesting, but not with that insuffareable bitch.

drisko

Post by drisko » Mon May 14, 2018 7:33 am

I have podcasts I use as background noise for the commute to work but I doubt I'll be downloading this one.

Boogie's Panniculus

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Mon May 14, 2018 12:21 pm

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 6:07 am
mad bum wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:25 am
during long card rides
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OHHHH SHIEEEETTTTTTT!

YOU GOT HIM GOOOOD!