Allison in Applebee's Hell: The Lupa Thread

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Allison in Applebee's Hell: The Lupa Thread

Post by Moe Bitches » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:41 am

If I answered that question it would ironically be the most questionable thing I have ever said.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:46 am

Phelous' butthole is tighter than a Georgia peach.
I needed to wash all the grease and poo with soap for a while before I put my one-eyed willie in there but once I was done - whooooo-weee!
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:27 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:34 pm
At least one did. Most of them aren't actually Disney ripoffs (even if they like to imply so with a ripoff cover).

And I'm ashamed because knowing this means I've watched multiple videos of his.
Ah, that makes more sense. It kinda sounded like you were talking shit about the Arabian Nights there. Though I guess I couldn't blame a German guy too much for bearing a grudge for (maybe) stealing Ali Baba/Simeli Mountain/Simeliberg from you guys. But even in that case, you should at least partially blame the French.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:35 am

Dingus Bajingus wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:27 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
At least one did. Most of them aren't actually Disney ripoffs (even if they like to imply so with a ripoff cover).

Ah, that makes more sense. It kinda sounded like you were talking shit about the Arabian Nights there. Though I guess I couldn't blame a German guy too much for bearing a grudge for (maybe) stealing Ali Baba/Simeli Mountain/Simeliberg from you guys. But even in that case, you should at least partially blame the French.
Enlighten me on that because I've got no clue what you're talking about. I'm not good with tales.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:01 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:35 am
Dingus Bajingus wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:27 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:

Enlighten me on that because I've got no clue what you're talking about. I'm not good with tales.
Spoilering it because this is something that activates my sperg powers.
SpoilerShow
There's a story in the Brothers Grimm collection called Simeli Mountain (Simeliberg in German) that's just straight-up the same story as Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves. It's much shorter (ends when the evil brother dies) and has some minor deviations (15 robbers instead of 40, no mention of the evil brother's wife), but it is beat-for-beat the same story. Now, as with any Grimm tale, it existed long before they published their KHM, so bear that in mind.

There's also no record of Ali Baba (or Aladdin, incidentally) existing in any version of the Arabian Nights before Antoine Galland brought the collection to France with his translation. Some suggest that he essentially took an originally-German story over there, then brought back an expanded version in the form of Ali Baba.

Supporting this is the fact that the magic word that opens the cave in the German version is "Semsi" ("Simeli" is used for the failed attempt that traps the brother in the cave). Jacob Grimm (a linguist as much as a folklorist) speculated that "Semsi" may derive from an archaic German word for "stone" or "mountain." It would make more sense than the word just arbitrarily being a seed-bearing plant, as it is with the Arabic version's "Sesame." And yes, the Arabic magic word ("Simsim") is indeed their word for the sesame plant.

TL;DR - Ali Baba may have originated as a German story (plus DLC) that a French dude took over to the middle east before translating the Arabian Nights into French and including it in that.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:06 am

Dingus Bajingus wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:01 am
*stuff*
Huh, I never heard of that. Interesting. But no, I'm not mad about that. It's not like the Grimm tales are OC doonot steel stories. Tales are there to be spread and altered.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:11 am

Indeed. A handful of them are borrowed and tweaked from Perrault, after all. I didn't actually think anyone would be mad about it. Just going for some high-brow humor.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:30 am

Dingus Bajingus wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:11 am
Indeed. A handful of them are borrowed and tweaked from Perrault, after all. I didn't actually think anyone would be mad about it. Just going for some high-brow humor.
Have a superior one.
phpBB [video]
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

GitGud
Quality Poster

Post by GitGud » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:02 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:46 am
I needed to wash all the grease and poo with soap for a while before I put my one-eyed willie in there but once I was done - whooooo-weee!
That problem can be solved with the biggest buttplug on hand and a slegehammer. Stick the tip in, one good swing and crusty shit breaks away and soapy shit gets pushed aside
I will return when i the times are dire.
"I had this nurse yesterday who was super careful giving me morphine and she sais "this could kill 4 of me lols"

That was fun.
-Auli

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:48 am

GitGud wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:02 am
CuckTurdginson wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:46 am
That problem can be solved with the biggest buttplug on hand and a slegehammer. Stick the tip in, one good swing and crusty shit breaks away and soapy shit gets pushed aside
Aw hell ya bro - I hate it when he bleeds all over my ding dong though you know what I'm sayin
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.