SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Johnny

Re: Flustered Fernando and the Seven Pesos

Post by Johnny » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:14 am

mad bum wrote: Someone needs to teach Nintendo Japan about Fair Use! *
Why does he calls out "Nintendo Japan" specifically? They're the only reason why he even has a product to review. Does he feel the need to specifically absolve the U.S. subsidiary of responsibility or something? It's not like NOA can actually does anything except sell their parent company's products in the U.S. and occasionally fuck up the English localizations of their game.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:25 am

Johnny wrote:
mad bum wrote: Someone needs to teach Nintendo Japan about Fair Use! *
Why does he calls out "Nintendo Japan" specifically? They're the only reason why he even has a product to review. Does he feel the need to specifically absolve the U.S. subsidiary of responsibility or something? It's not like NOA can actually does anything except sell their parent company's products in the U.S. and occasionally fuck up the English localizations of their game.
I swear this is a copy pasted comment.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Johnny

Post by Johnny » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:56 am

I might had written a similar post in the Angry Joe thread on the previous forum before it got nuked.

asdf

Post by asdf » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:45 am

I love it when people complain about Nintendo of Japan not getting fair use. It's like a drug for me. Instantly makes me start giggling.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:22 am

Johnny wrote:I might had written a similar post in the Angry Joe thread on the previous forum before it got nuked.
I know, but it looks almost exactly the same as that old one. It's weird is all.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:15 pm

asdf wrote:I love it when people complain about Nintendo of Japan not getting fair use. It's like a drug for me. Instantly makes me start giggling.
I love it. I smile every time I read one of their rage tantrums.

I'm sure some sperge on the internet knows 1000x more about copyright law than Nintendo's armies of copyright lawyers.

I keep saying it, but they should really be thankful that this monetizing/demonetizing feature was added to YouTube. Nintendo could file a copyright notice and take the video down or mute the audio. And maybe that still happens sometimes. But now they can also just monetize your video and leave it up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/letsplay/comme ... be_policy/

Let's say that monetizing my videos isn't a big concern right now and I'm more worried about what will get taken down or earn a copyright strike. What games, if any, will draw attempts from Nintendo to have the videos removed?
None, unless you're posting leaks and such. Nintendo will only do Content ID strikes, meaning they take the revenue of the video.

If you apply with your videos through their partner program, you can share the revenue. /u/RumbleBumblure covered that.
So the monetization of videos now means that you can post all the Nintendo games you want to YouTube. Any length, any filesize, any game. Nintendo will just take the money from it. Which, if you're not a whore on YT solely to make money, isn't a problem at all. So I think it works out well for everyone. Except the moneywhores. So, like I said, everyone!
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:53 pm

Plus YouTube is ran by Google, who probably employ more copyright lawyers than anyone else on the planet save maybe Disney.

But they don't understand Fair Use. They need Doge Walker, Pissed Pedro, or DSP to explain it to them.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:57 pm

Not that it matters a single bit since YT isn't a public forum ran by the state or something. YT and Nintendo have a deal and that's the end of that.
rabidtictac wrote:So the monetization of videos now means that you can post all the Nintendo games you want to YouTube. Any length, any filesize, any game. Nintendo will just take the money from it. Which, if you're not a whore on YT solely to make money, isn't a problem at all. So I think it works out well for everyone. Except the moneywhores. So, like I said, everyone!
That's correct. Upload gameplay or even a Let's Play with a Nintendo game and it will be unharmed. Nintendo will just have YT enable monetization, which isn't a problem if your viewers aren't completely brain dead faggots and run adblock anyway. If they are they will get to watch commercials with the money going to Nintendo. Who cares?
Especially somebody with a patreon doesn't get to complain. Patreon is made for exactly that purpose: For when somebody makes something that wouldn't be financially viable without direct monetary support by the consumers even before the product is made. Originally for artists and musicians but now full of begging whores because people are overly sentimental dipshits.

If you're just doing YT shitposting for fun, as anybody in his right mind would, it doesn't affect you at all. You might be a bit miffed about there being commercials on your videos at all but, again, that's what adblock is for.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:27 pm

But who wants to contend himself with one easy source of income if you can have two?!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette