Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Angelfire Memes

Re: Flustered Fernando and the Seven Pesos

Post by Angelfire Memes » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:22 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:26 am
Angelfire Memes wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:01 am
Most of the reaction I've seen towards Red Dead 2 has been overwhelmingly negative. There were reports it literally put members of a conference crowd to sleep and it's full of gay survival/base management shit to shill microtransactions at you. Fuck that game tbh.
Zelnick also stated that “We’re not going to grab the last nickel” and that “we’re not trying to optimise the monetisiation of everything we do to the nth degree.” Moreover, the company never wants to ‘irk’ players or leave them with a “bad feeling.” However, the Take-Two executive also noted that “You can’t give stuff away for free in perpetuity; there’s no business model in that.”
Found this godlike DSP-style quote.

GIVE STUFF AWAY

They're talking about selling you a $60+ bideo game. An entertainment product. A luxury item, essentially. And they're claiming they are giving it away. In perpetuity. Because it doesn't have a shitload of micropays in it. :x

This is like when some faggot on patreon gets $10,000 a month to make youtube shitpost videos and then calls it "free entertainment." Or more like this would be if NETFLIX said it was "giving away" its services and that their shows were all "free."

I have never seen greed like this in any other industry. I've never heard of a guitar manufacturer that sells you a guitar, tells you they're GIVING IT AWAY FOR FREE TO YOU, and then wants to have you micropay $2 every time you play an E chord.
The cunts don't see games as games anymore. They (((live services))). You should pay to continue using it like a fucking phone bill. You basically rent the game and if you want to continue playing it with all its features? Pay up nigga. Even worse, you end up with shit like Destiny 2 which basically released in beta at the cost of a full game, only to charge for 3/4 "expansions" which are basically just fixing the game into an acceptable shape. It's what's called "dynamic pricing" aka bilking more and more money out of cucks and seeing how much you can push it before they push back.

Loath as I am to use a Jim Spergling argument for anything, but he pretty much got it right when he said that no company ever puts out a product with the intention that they don't want you to buy it. So games are going to continue being trash that's full of pointless grinding to gently nudge you towards spending shekels. Gaming is a relatively new industry so they're still trying to get a feel for how far they can push it. They're going to rip out more and more stuff from games and try and sell it back to you until people stop buying the games altogether. They WILL change if their bottom line is hurt - it didn't take long for EA/DICE to suddenly "fix" Battlefront 2 once they found out people weren't playing it. So people should just not buy the games and they'll change their stance on giving stuff away for """"free"""".

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:41 am

The best example of people pushing back and it having an effect was the shitty xbone. That thing was launching and they had the unmitigated gall to say that used games were gonna be RIP forever. They were gonna fuck with the consoles so you could not play a used game on it at all. But the gamers actually threw a shitfit for once and the xboners at m$crosoft realized that Sony was abusing the fuck out of the free publicity to make the PS4 look godly by comparison. So they backed down real fast.

There's a reason the game journo pros like assblasted alexander always tell you not to boycott things. Fewer dollars spent on new "hype" games overall means less shill money coming their way and fewer eyes on their videos. If you're going to boycott a game outright, then you're damn sure not going to bother watching 3 weeks of pissed jose pre-release hype videos or an "angry" review. I'm not talking about the kind of fag who says they're going to boycott and then they buy every new game anyway because they're stupid. I mean a normal person who decides "nah, not interested" and they don't even care about the game coming out at all. That attitude is poison to the pissed joses because they can't make any money off that guy now.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:43 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:33 pm
"Buy the game but don't buy the micros" is pretty much verbatim what Darksfadil said people should do with that Shadow of Mordor game. Then it turned out that the final quarter of the game is pretty much unplayable garbage if you try to do with without buying micros. So he ragequit the game. Lmao.

What I especially hate is when things that used to be unlockables, like extra characters, become paid transactions. Rev 2 I'm pretty sure there's no way to earn Wesker. But you can buy him!
You havent player shadow of war have you? Total nonsense what you said, the game is easy to 100% without spending a single dime. Didnt even have to use my free lootboxes.

Kama

Post by Kama » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:11 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:43 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:33 pm
"Buy the game but don't buy the micros" is pretty much verbatim what Darksfadil said people should do with that Shadow of Mordor game. Then it turned out that the final quarter of the game is pretty much unplayable garbage if you try to do with without buying micros. So he ragequit the game. Lmao.

What I especially hate is when things that used to be unlockables, like extra characters, become paid transactions. Rev 2 I'm pretty sure there's no way to earn Wesker. But you can buy him!
You havent player shadow of war have you? Total nonsense what you said, the game is easy to 100% without spending a single dime. Didnt even have to use my free lootboxes.
Yeah I didn't buy it. Not because of the controversy but because I wasn't interested in it. But since arguing is beginning to become a real waste of time I'm out. You can think you're right and claim to have the moral high ground all you want. In the end I'll be the one having fun playing games while you miss out.
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:41 am
The best example of people pushing back and it having an effect was the shitty xbone. That thing was launching and they had the unmitigated gall to say that used games were gonna be RIP forever. They were gonna fuck with the consoles so you could not play a used game on it at all. But the gamers actually threw a shitfit for once and the xboners at m$crosoft realized that Sony was abusing the fuck out of the free publicity to make the PS4 look godly by comparison. So they backed down real fast.

There's a reason the game journo pros like assblasted alexander always tell you not to boycott things. Fewer dollars spent on new "hype" games overall means less shill money coming their way and fewer eyes on their videos. If you're going to boycott a game outright, then you're damn sure not going to bother watching 3 weeks of pissed jose pre-release hype videos or an "angry" review. I'm not talking about the kind of fag who says they're going to boycott and then they buy every new game anyway because they're stupid. I mean a normal person who decides "nah, not interested" and they don't even care about the game coming out at all. That attitude is poison to the pissed joses because they can't make any money off that guy now.
And hey if you're just not interested in it that's fine. I never demanded people had to buy shit you know? I'm just saying that calling me a cuck and demanding I don't buy what I want because that proves I care about the gaming industry is fucking gay and fuck those who say it

Deckard

Post by Deckard » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:50 pm

Jesus Christ you spergs, video games don't matter.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:41 pm

It matters if it has waifus in it.

One day, we will get to a point that you have to recover health via micro-transactions. HP, MP, ammo... it's all gonna be linked to your credit card or bank account.
suzaku wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:50 am
Just say you aren't going to buy it cause you didn't want it in the first place instead of trying to act that you're holier than thou about micro's. No one is falling for that shit.
I'm like rabidtictac in that regard. DMC was my jam, but I'd rather have no new entry at all than one that will break my kokoro.
suzaku wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:59 am
I mean... I hate microtransactions too but I'm not just going to refuse to buy games I've been looking forward too just to stick it to the man. And I'm pretty sure that every person in this thread has also done that with a game at some point. Case in point if you're going to be all holier than thou with RE2 and DMCV I hope you don't plan on buying Red Dead 2 or you'll look like quite the hypocrite.
As a properly-evolved gamer, I haven't bought a single GTA title since San Andreas.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kama

Post by Kama » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Yeah let's stop sperging about video games and sperg about bowsette memes instead lol

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:34 pm

suzaku wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:19 pm
Yeah let's stop sperging about video games and sperg about bowsette memes instead lol
Simply ebin.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:09 pm

I want Wariette.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:28 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:41 am
And they've learned jack shit from it. They're gonna make Windows a paid subscription service come 2020
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.