MundaneFatt

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: MundaneFatt

Post by mad bum » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:00 pm

It's because NES got too expensive and collectors need something else that was cheaper, so things like master system, 32x, sega cd almost doubled in price universally, I remember people couldn't give the n-gage away 5+ years ago.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:56 pm

Bought my N-Gage three years ago. The OG one costs me 15 bucks, the QD 40 or something but I also used that as my actual mobile.
It's like how the Vectrex got super expensive.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:04 pm

Nostalgiafags looking for anything to idolize.

Which I realize probably describes the retro gaming thread on this forum, but at least we're aware about it. :D
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:06 am

The N-Gage was considered shit when it came out and now collectors are getting retarded about it. I youtube'd it and low and behold, this cunt appears:

I guess it's true, he makes a video for crap and the prices for it go up. This was released a year ago, and I bet the guy in the video made a shit ton of money selling all those old N-Gage's he had lying around.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:15 am

Many consoles were considered shit when they came out. But the N-Gage really was and totally is shit.
Competition was the GBA. N-Gage was not wide screen, it was the exact opposite and as such terrible for any kind of sidescrolling game. Off to a bad start! You had to hold it in a retarded way to make calls, earning it the nickname taco phone.
Worst thing, however, was that you had to open the back and remove the battery to switch games. Absolutely retarded.

The QD on the other hand fixes the latter two problems and actually looks pretty fresh. The screen-ratio is still terrible but turn-based strategy on short breaks on your phone is really neat for that time and even now.
I'll still keep my BlackBerry, though.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:16 am

Metal Jesus is straight scum, how more hardcore retro collectors like him is beyond me with his whistle blower band wagon policy.

A perfect example is a kim possible game for the ps2 that he said is one of his favorite games. It literally went from a grocery store 5 dollar game to about 25 dollars on eBay, coincidence? Hardly.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:52 am

I knew that was going to be a metaljesusshills video as soon as I saw it, Poonoo.

That kim possible game for the ps2 is a good example of the stupid bullshit he overhypes to his fanbase. Hexyz Force was the other example I've used. I've even heard people like ClassicGameRoom try to hype up fucking The Third Birthday. Any old mediocre garbage will do as long as it's technically not unplayable a la Sonic 06.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:18 am

It's because they have an investment they need to protect and make sure to advance it, just like how rich folks bribe lobbyists
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:13 pm

mad bum wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:18 am
It's because they have an investment they need to protect and make sure to advance it, just like how rich folks bribe lobbyists
Reminds me of the assholes Wizards of the Coast created on the MtG community with their "reserve list" bullshit.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:55 pm

The reserve list at least has some balancing purpose to it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!