Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Post by Rushy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:31 pm

Cuckara wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:54 pm
I think that Spoony has always been a narcissistic asshole who would rather wallow in nothingness than do anything, it's just that he used to have external forces in his life that prevented him from collapsing.
To play devil's advocate here, parenting has a lot to do with that. A man's the sum of his experiences. I wouldn't be surprised if Noah's family are all superior dickheads too, who manage to remain socially functional by having been in slightly different circumstances.

For example, Miles becoming a cop either matured him or gave him a permanently satisfying outlet for ego.

Assuming that Noah's mother was the one raised on his grandpa's farm, she probably 'escaped' to civilisation to marry the Boeing dude. Her daughter probs married somebody else who's rich.

The other Antwiler bros are still in their parents' favor because they're Republican, so can always just leech off of them. Alternatively, they're like Miles and evolved past their upbringing whilst Noah alienated his parents and vice versa with their disagreements over his D&D love and being a Democrat.

I'm not trying to take responsibility off of him, but it's slightly incorrect to say he's always been what he is.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:04 am

By "always" I'm referring to his adulthood, not his entire life, but I see your point. You're right that we're all ultimately shaped by our upbringing, and it could very well be that Spoony had shitty parents and his siblings succeeded because they chose careers that forced them to mature and accept responsibility. Or it could be that Spoony's parents were fine but Spoony has some sort of defect that consistently pushes him towards self-destruction. Unless we get a full biography of his life, we'll never know for sure, but it's fun to speculate.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:30 am

Oh for fucks sake you absolute faggots. The rest of his siblings turned out fine. Spoony is just your average failure to launch failure who let his life become defined by pop culture. If anything his parents probably spoiled him too much and didn't force him to mature.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:35 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:30 am
Oh for fucks sake you absolute faggots. The rest of his siblings turned out fine. Spoony is just your average failure to launch failure who let his life become defined by pop culture. If anything his parents probably spoiled him too much and didn't force him to mature.
Well, A - you have no info on the non-Miles siblings
and B - isn't this what we just said?
Kugelfisch wrote:

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:08 am

Yeah, that's basically what I've been saying. He's a fuck up and has been a fuck up ever since he used Office Space as an excuse to not pursue a computer science-related career. Whether his parents are to blame or not, what matters is he's a spoiled rotten failure.

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:23 am

Rushy wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:31 pm
Assuming that Noah's mother was the one raised on his grandpa's farm, she probably 'escaped' to civilisation to marry the Boeing dude. Her daughter probs married somebody else who's rich.
That is not the case. Gilbert Antwiler (the one the had the ranch/farm) was the father of Lonnie Antwiler, who is Spoony's father. It was laid out in his obituary.

I'm generally not into the armchair psychology when it comes to Spoony's past. While I'm sure he was given some degree of spoiling and coddling I doubt his upbringing was anything unique compared to other middle class Americans that grew up during that time. He's a 40 year old man and at some point he needed to get his shit together. He also only really went off the rails when left to his own devices.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:56 am

RedLine wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:23 am
That is not the case. Gilbert Antwiler (the one the had the ranch/farm) was the father of Lonnie Antwiler, who is Spoony's father. It was laid out in his obituary.
What have you wrought, Lonnie?
Kugelfisch wrote:

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:04 am

You can find just as many people saying spoiling him made him turn out this way as being pushed too hard caused him to rebel and turn out this way.

Point is the problem with Spoony is Spoony.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:32 am

I have around the same age as Spoony and have an equivalent degree to his. I never had to work on an office in my entire life, save for a 6 months gig on a health insurance company that required the IT to wear suits - and because I hated it, I bailed out as soon as I got a similar paying job offer and never had to wear a tie ever again. A Computer Science degree is not, in any way shape or form, a sentence to work on Office Space.

My point is, Spoony was, is, and will always be just lazy, arrogant and incompetent. That's what made his degree useless.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:04 am

I have a Comp Sci degree and the only time in my professional career I've ever worn a tie was for job interviews. I also have my own office and not a cubicle. I don't know any fucking software company that uses cubicles.
Is Spoony dead yet?