Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:06 pm

You guys always put him down too much. Doesn’t anyone remember his Mazes and Monsters review? Now THAT was genius! He wore /pants/ on his head! Remember? He actually put a pair of boxers... on his head! Like a hat! That was hilarious LMAO!

Seriously though, that was a pretty good review.

ban

Post by ban » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:11 pm

Wasn't the first two videos on Ultima not about him playing the games but rather his memories of him and his eldest brother playing Ultima or something?
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:50 am
Agreed. Shorts are for radical 90s dudes and faggots.
There has been an increase in homosexuality as of late :thinking:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:22 pm

ban wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:11 pm
Wasn't the first two videos on Ultima not about him playing the games but rather his memories of him and his eldest brother playing Ultima or something?
Yes. He only has rose tinted nostalgia from watching his older brother play them. Later games he didn't cover much because he had no knowledge of them and wanted other people to get him footage since he didn't have the patience to get it himself. I don't blame him either, those games have aged like Mountain Dew soaked chicken left at room temperature.

His Ultima videos also started around 2010/11. Deep into the abyss of Shitty Spoony. The final episodes were typical Spoony shit with awful skits taking up most of the runtime.
Is Spoony dead yet?

ban

Post by ban » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:25 pm

Yeah, that's prime shit. Didn't he have Sean Fausz capture and edit the Ultima footage? :lol:

As for the way he started the "retrospective", it could be a fun one-two of stories to show his earliest "nerd days" but beyond that...
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:30 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:22 pm
Later games he didn't cover much because he had no knowledge of them and wanted other people to get him footage since he didn't have the patience to get it himself.
Wasn't it the other way around? I thought he got other people to get him footage because he couldn't be bothered playing the earliest titles.
He definitely played Ultima IX though, that shit was personal lmao.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Nehezir

Post by Nehezir » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:44 pm

Cuckson wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:37 am
Nehezir wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:53 am
My brother is currently divorcing an ogre kind of like her. Good on him.
was she an ogre since the begining? if so is he blind?
yeah. she's looked more or less the same for the whole ten years. he was just really pissed off with his life and she had a home+accepted him.

That kinda shit. desperate people will take anyone on their side.

Venomous Masculinity

Post by Venomous Masculinity » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:01 pm

Rushy wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:30 pm
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:22 pm
Later games he didn't cover much because he had no knowledge of them and wanted other people to get him footage since he didn't have the patience to get it himself.
Wasn't it the other way around? I thought he got other people to get him footage because he couldn't be bothered playing the earliest titles.
My view of Spoony and Ultima is that he had nostalgia for Ultima 3, and latched onto the series without knowing much about it otherwise so he could cash in for clicks. All of his reviews on Ultima are so half assed and reak of normie sperging. Like him talking about Ultima 8 Pagan, the Guardian for one has way more lines than presented, the atmosphere isn't just gray caves like he claims, and it's much more playable than he let on. When I see people speed running that game, platforming and all, in an hour and a half you know it's not that bad. That game is one fan patch away from complete if it hasn't been done already.

Spoony would have you believe he just loved and cared so deeply about the deep plots and lore of Ultima, when in reality Ultima 9 was simply that bad. Every critique he made was made countless times for a decade plus leading up to his own review. I bet he copy pasted a couple forums posts, chose his "BETRAYEL" gimmick and he threw together some footage of him depression posting.

Richard Garriot despite all his success kinda rubs me the wrong way with how he was seemingly chummy with a guy like Spoony for so long.
DHI Platinum Subscriber

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:37 pm

Rushy wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:30 pm
He was streaming some of the later ones on Twitch/Justin.tv when trying to get footage. He fucking sucked. Finally he flipped out and got mad at fans for not giving him the footage he needed and said the reviews wouldn't be as good, blaming them. He probably did play IX though since it came out a while later.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:02 pm

The ultima retrospective is some of the most overrated garbage I have ever seen. There are tons, TONS of creators on Youtube that do so much better a job at stuff like this then old Spoon EVER did.

Guestfag

Post by Guestfag » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:10 pm

ban wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:25 pm
Yeah, that's prime shit. Didn't he have Sean Fausz capture and edit the Ultima footage? :lol:
No, from what I remember, he stole that shit from some jewtube random, first time he got called out on caliming someone elses footage as his own and in later bideos he gave sauce from where he stole it.

Fausz was Final Fagtasy 8, 10, 10-2 and probably 13.