Post by mad bum » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:41 am

Fucking liquid
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Spoony The Pussy One

Post by Rushy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:06 am

Remember when the creator of Ultima said he was a fan of Noah? What did he throw that away for?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

ban

Post by ban » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:54 am

Because no two true arrogant, egotistical fuckwits can ever stand each other. Someone's ego has to give and they both are smug egotistical pricks of the highest caliber that ultimately destroy themselves. Its only natural someone as shitty as Lord Git-ish would like this kind of dreck :

Reminder that Rich Garriott also had a chance to publish his games in japan but got pissed off because supposedly Ys3 copied some designs from his games and tried to sue them. That was common as fuck back in the 80s when games started popping up seriously in Japan and he himself had already, as Noah puts it "Put Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Dungeons and Dragon in a blender and gave us Ultima" so that highlighted his hypocrisy and ego even more. And now?

Here's Shroud of the Avatar :

Here's Ys :

Rich got to mary into money, fucked his own franchise with EA's help, served as executive produce in City of Heroes and Villains just to have his name there, got to fly to space by essentialy showering the right people with money just to say he did it and ultimately his game are hollow and shitty even years later. Falcom? Got their shit kicked early, reformed, essentialy created the first A-RPG, created the modern look of A-RPGs, split off and made some of Japan's and US's favourite SNES games and finally rose to the top, slow and steady with quality games.

And before someone goes "weeb" or some gay shit, Gygax also visited japan and saw his work plastered in 80s japanese RPGs. You know what his reaction was? "Get me the best" he said :

And he got the best. Later, the same guys got to be Vanilaworks and make Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:45 pm

As was brought up, Spoony and Garriot like each other because they have being huge egotists in common. They also have being BTFOd and fall from Grace in common. :lol:

Garriot is the biggest hack in gaming with the most overrated franchise in gaming known as Ultima.

Ironically watching Spoony's vids where he gushing over 1-7 and especially 7 made me realize it. I am sorry I can't take a RPG seriously when it has the worst inventory system in gaming.

And like other developers who bashed the so called evil publishers for their games sucking, he created a Kickstarter to want to show the world his "genius" with Shroud of the Avatar. His introduction video was take shots at features that had been in gaming for a while which improved games for gamers. And then the shitty games gets released and shocker it sucks and went free to play in less than a year.

So yeah there is my Garriot rant. You can probably tell I don't like him too much. :lol:

ban

Post by ban » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:33 pm

That's not even half of it. Back when people were raving madly about the Spoonster something clicked with me about the fucker being dishonest and a hype machine who didn't fucking knew about the nerd stuff he thought he knew, from the whole "I didn't replay the games nor capture footage for them but I totally know about them" to slurping Ultima's dick so hard he claimed Ultima 4 and 5 were the cornerstones of RPGs and are what totally innovated the genre. Funny, I remember back in 1985, the same year Ultima 4 was came out, a small company made this :

Wow, that looks like Hydlide and Zelda with RPG elements. OH WAIT, both of them copied it and went on to create something that is loved to this day compared to the Avatar's shitty adventures. And then the company ported it :

While working on the fifth game of that franchise :

Meanwhile, Garriott's work :

In 1988, a whopping one year after that. So amazing, so influential. :roll: :lol: As for his kikestarter, of course. Of course he made EA the villain when he was equally scummy. GG.
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:41 pm

ban wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:54 am
And before someone goes "weeb" or some gay shit, Gygax also visited japan and saw his work plastered in 80s japanese RPGs. You know what his reaction was? "Get me the best" he said :
I'd say Gary was pretty chill about that, seeing how he had to content with Totally-Not-D&Ds ever since he originally released that game.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:00 pm

Let's not get carried away too far with the sperg. Ultima was a hugely influential and is easily the most directly copied game ever. When RPGs were first made on computers you basically had the dungeon crawlers on the PLATO university computer systems, a while later ports and imitations and then came Ultima.
Sure, it's got a lot of pop culture stuff in it but every game before it was nothing but Lord of the Rings 24/7 ripoff lapalooza.

But these days and for a long time Garriot has been a washed-up loser.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

ban

Post by ban » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:07 pm

People overestimate the influence of Ultima because they want to be hipsters and never aknowledge how much more D&D and most importantly, Wizardry influenced a lot of those early RPG games more than anything.

Quite a few of these guys were quite chill. Even one of the two Wizardry guys went to japan and despite not opting to work there, he lauded the efforts of the japanese in and out of the computer industry when it came to making RPG games. A lot of early programmers of the NES era were fans of the Wizardry games and the creators even gave the ok to Japan to later make a movie out of them and far later, to moe-fy them. We could have Moe Ultima. Think about that. :lol:
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Come to think of it, Wizardry is basically the blueprint for a fantasy JRPG with random sci-fi bits thrown into it. Sure, earlier Ultimas had that, too, but those games were a lot more batshit with it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:34 pm

Megami Tensei, the book and the first game on the NES were basically "What if we summoned ancient demons from our PCs via satanic rituals to rape and impregnated our teachers and then have two students get isekai'd in that world" after all. Even then they somehow referenced Wizardry as a plot point of sorts.
He warned youShow