Metal Jesus Cucks & General Retro Fucks

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Metal Jesus Cucks & General Retro Fucks

Post by mad bum » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:57 pm

There was a comment somewhere where he said he edits like 40 hours a week on videos when all of his videos is free talking with video game footage thrown in.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:49 pm

I want to do something more with this metal jesus cucks guy. I feel like this thread is kind of cutting edge. I haven't heard much shitting on these retro fucks outside of us. Everyone else pretty much loves them and swallows their "muh underrated" narrative.

His videos are terrible quality. He doesn't know anything about the games he talks about except "it's fun" or (more likely,) "this guest I brought on says it's fun." MAYBE he'll show you some stock footage of the game being played so you can guess if it really is fun or not.

I'm not saying everyone should be an expert in every game, but you should be able to talk about a game beyond just "what is it" or "is it fun." I guess it's the old gimmick about how reviewers should beat games before they review them. I feel like this metal jesus guy knows a couple of genres pretty well but doesn't know anything about other genres or other games. I'd trust Metal Jesus if he was telling me about which racing games are good or not, because I know he plays a lot of racing games. But when he says Hexyz Force is good, I know he's talking shit. I don't know if he plays a lot of rpgs or not, but his taste in those is abysmal.

Not every person is able to talk about every game or every type of game. I can't recommend puzzle games to people because I don't play them, and I'm not any good at multiplayer FPS. What metal jesus does is the equivalent of me making "top ten underrated multiplayer FPS games" and including a lot of truly awful games as "underrated" along with CS: GO and Destiny 2. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:05 pm

Even the yokels at Soy Boots are better at explaining shit than this guy. This scalper market seems ot have really low entry requirements.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:02 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:49 pm
I can't recommend puzzle games to people because I don't play them, and I'm not any good at multiplayer FPS.
Puzzle:
-Tetris. Best classic Tetris is Tetris DX on the GB, best unified Tetris rules one is Tetris DS. Tetris the Grandmaster is too hardcore for almost anyone that isn't Asian. If portability doesn't matter and you don't need multiplayer, Nullpomino is pretty good.
-Puyo Puyo. Pretty much every version.
-Wario's Woods is an interesting classic and a Hidden Gem™.
-Picross. The ones on the DS are unbeatable for playability. It's where the stylus plus touchscreen combo really shines.
-Lumines 1. The second title has annoying licensed music and adds nothing of note in gameplay. The first one is on PSP and Switch, which it is absolutely perfect for, of course.

MP FPS:
There is no good one currently besides Unreal 4.

There. Not hard at all. Just casually ask somebody if you want to cover a genre that you don't know anything about. If this was your dayjob, I'm sure you'd find the time to at least fire up an emulator to give them a try. Talking about vidya is so pathetically easy to do as a job that I'm baffled how one could not be competent at that.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:05 am

Metal Jesus is such a fucking meme.

https://ytcropper.com/cropped/oO5bf10f177c8d2
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:42 pm

If it's made by Square it's not a hidden gem ffs. The Legend of Dragoon is fucking expensive by the way. Nice try getting that price even higher so you can scalp some fuckers.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:57 pm

US version is like $20 (WAS 20 until metal jesus made it 30)
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:34 pm

PAL here seems to go for at least 60€.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!