Mathew "I'm Cryin', Youtube's Dyin'" Patrick

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
wildmage

Re: Mathew "I'm Cryin', Youtube's Dyin'" Patrick

Post by wildmage » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:05 pm

Fanbase with money, that's the ticket. There's normie money and there's autist money. Normie money will buy Merchandizing for their kids, autist money will buy for themselves. And outside of welfare, can you tell me of the odds of a FNAF fan buying a Chika cake for themselves?

I'm not arguing to be a dick or a contrarian, I just refuse to believe we're in that much of Clown World that a jumpscare game has become a household brand.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:55 pm

wildmage wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:05 pm
Fanbase with money, that's the ticket. There's normie money and there's autist money. Normie money will buy Merchandizing for their kids, autist money will buy for themselves. And outside of welfare, can you tell me of the odds of a FNAF fan buying a Chika cake for themselves?

I'm not arguing to be a dick or a contrarian, I just refuse to believe we're in that much of Clown World that a jumpscare game has become a household brand.
Welcome to hell
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:01 am

wildmage wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:05 pm
I'm not arguing to be ... a contrarian
Yeah you are. It's okay. Just admit it.

FNAF became normie around the time the second game came out and nearly every single let's player (up to and including PewDiePie, iirc) played it. It's literally as normie as it gets without being Sonic or Mario.

Quit tossing the autism meme around because this game isn't being held up by pure autistic force, here. Back when the first one was around it sure was but that hasn't been true for a while.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:00 am

Stranger wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:01 am

FNAF became normie around the time the second game came out and nearly every single let's player (up to and including PewDiePie, iirc) played it. It's literally as normie as it gets without being Sonic or Mario.
LP'ers like to jump on the latest bandwagon, not a good argument for your case.

I'm going to concede with you based on this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Five-Nights- ... d/48812061

I don't know american sizes, but M doesn't sound to me like a child's size. The point I'm trying to make is that the series is not something you can argue at the watercooler so you can't shower it with money publicly. If you can't discuss it in public, then it is an autistic IP made for autists.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:15 pm

Speaking of let's player fodder, hello neighbor came out of early access and everyone says the game is shit and was just designed for YouTubers
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:54 pm

wildmage wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:00 am
If you can't discuss it in public, then it is an autistic IP made for autists.
That's such a retarded statement. Conversation is dictated by the social climate. If nobody else is interested in the things you are then you're not going to talk about it whether or not some internet faggot calls it, "autistic."
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:56 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:15 pm
Speaking of let's player fodder, hello neighbor came out of early access and everyone says the game is shit and was just designed for YouTubers
This is 100% true. It's, "puzzling," in that it's just legitimately confusing and the, "story," leads to some ambiguous conclusion that the man is holding his wife in the basement because she's possessed or something. There's no concrete answers.

The demo lead everyone to believe it was about finding and exploring mysterious locations in a dude's house where he'd dynamically make it tougher to get around the more he caught you. The game, itself, ended up actually being a story driven exploration game with next to no story to speak of.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:37 pm

An Early Access title that didn't live up to its bullshit claims expectations. Where have I heard that one before...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ClawMidnight

Post by ClawMidnight » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:09 am

I searched "Hello Neighbor" on youtube and of course one of the top results was a MatPat theory. Is there a single Youtube LP fodder game that this guy doesn't have a theory about?

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:13 am

Markiplier hyped the fuck out of that stupid game saying how SPPPPOOOOKY it was in his typical over reacting fashion, then real people get suckered and buy it and realize it's hollow shit

Never doubt the power of persuasion.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]