April Von Lon - Orc, Honey Wine Brewer, Professional Skyrim Player, BDSM Writer & Domina to Spoony

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
RedLine

Re: April Von Lon - Orc, Honey Wine Brewer, Professional Skyrim Player, BDSM Writer & Domina to Spoony

Post by RedLine » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:07 am

I looked it up and in Illinois a co-inhabitant has no property rights and the state does not recognize common law marriages unless one was previously declared in another state. So if Spoony dies April would get nothing unless she is a life insurance beneficiary or is named in a will.
As far as the house itself goes, last I looked the mortgage still exists but both it and the property taxes have always been paid on time. Spoony is also the only "owner" listed (with his mortgage company as a lienholder), nothing about parents or anyone else having an official claim.

CIANIgger
Supreme Shitposter

Re: April Von Lon - Orc, Honey Wine Brewer, Professional Skyrim Player, BDSM Writer & Domina to Spoony

Post by CIANIgger » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:15 am

RedLine wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:07 am
I looked it up and in Illinois a co-inhabitant has no property rights and the state does not recognize common law marriages unless one was previously declared in another state. So if Spoony dies April would get nothing unless she is a life insurance beneficiary or is named in a will.
As far as the house itself goes, last I looked the mortgage still exists but both it and the property taxes have always been paid on time. Spoony is also the only "owner" listed (with his mortgage company as a lienholder), nothing about parents or anyone else having an official claim.
The only way he's getting money then is handouts from family. His autists simply don't have the funds to support him.
I'm in your bedroom folding your cloths.
SpoilerShow