Game Cunts

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: Game Cunts

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:18 am

I keep wanting to try FF1 again, but I'm just no good at it. It feels old in a way that FF4 doesn't. I wish the red mage class was in Final Fantasy Tactics. FF9 has a blue mage but I don't remember if it has a red mage. Tactics Advance had red mages and I used them a lot.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:24 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:18 am
I keep wanting to try FF1 again, but I'm just no good at it. It feels old in a way that FF4 doesn't. I wish the red mage class was in Final Fantasy Tactics. FF9 has a blue mage but I don't remember if it has a red mage. Tactics Advance had red mages and I used them a lot.
It’s really easy to get through, and that’s coming from a guy who’s easily intimidated by RPGs sometimes. Definitely play the GBA/PSP/PS1 version at least, NES has not aged well at all.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:24 am

I was thinking PSP version if I do pick it up, because it has the best visuals.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:31 am

Origins version is the best by leaps and bounds. As I said before, hell with everything added in the GBA version and onward, but Origins tweaked what needed to be tweaked about the original, but left enough alone that it still feels like the same game, just with a nice coat of polish and QoL improvements. It's certainly got some quirks, especially if you're more familiar with later entries, but it's simple enough that it shouldn't get overwhelming. This is all coming from someone whose first FF was IX, by the way, so this isn't just oldfag nostalgia talking.

Edit: FF9 has no playable Red Mage. Freya's outfit kinda makes her resemble one, but she's a Dragon Knight/Dragoon.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:53 pm

Min-maxing FFT involves the following steps:

1. Capture a Red Chocobo and spam Choco-Meteor until;
2. You recruit Orlandu and let him steamroll everything

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:03 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:26 am
Blue is another favorite of mine, since it’s such an odd class. In a good game you get a varied and impressive list of spells that you earn through a cool method, and you have some rad equipment potential. My first and recent experience with the Time job was FFV, not sure how I feel about that since those are usually just B/W spells.
Time Mage was probably a necessary addition to add more classes to the game, but I like the concept. They have a useful set of thematic buffs and debuffs, and their meteor spells are lulzy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:37 pm

FF1 > FF15 > FF13

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:53 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:24 am
I was thinking PSP version if I do pick it up, because it has the best visuals.
I thought that was the start of all ports of the older FF games being slathered in a coat of RPG Maker.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:06 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:03 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:26 am
Blue is another favorite of mine, since it’s such an odd class. In a good game you get a varied and impressive list of spells that you earn through a cool method, and you have some rad equipment potential. My first and recent experience with the Time job was FFV, not sure how I feel about that since those are usually just B/W spells.
Time Mage was probably a necessary addition to add more classes to the game, but I like the concept. They have a useful set of thematic buffs and debuffs, and their meteor spells are lulzy.
Oh dude their spell list is badass in V. Dualcast+Time and you have a fast buff/debuff set up, shame V is iffy about those working so well.

Ninja+Blue Magic is probably one of my favorite builds. Pair it up with a full inventory of scrolls and you have a character who can exterminate enemies in a flash.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:16 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:53 pm
Min-maxing FFT involves the following steps:

1. Capture a Red Chocobo and spam Choco-Meteor until;
2. You recruit Orlandu and let him steamroll everything
1. Red Chocs don't even spawn in chapter 1 IIRC. You can breed but that's a lot of wasted time when you should be making your characters OP. Just fyi you can break the game from chapter 1 so it's pointless to wait until you get a red choc. BTW taming beasts requires skills which means time spent grinding unless you take the yellow choc they give you and let it lay eggs until you get a red.
2. Orlandu playstyle is boring.

No, the real minmaxing is this:

1. Squires learn accumulate and Chemists learn autopotion. Then swap roles and do the same again so your entire party has both skills.
2. Mage characters go white mage and black mage with autopotion. Fighters go for Monk. Brief foray into Knight IIRC to unlock monk class.
3. Monks learn Chakra. You have now officially broken the game. Learn revive next and it's even more busted.
4. Get a time mage with auto potion, game is now even more broken since every fight will start with the entire party hasted and the game can't do anything about it. Monks should continue learning OP skills and breaking the fuck out of early game balance.

Early game auto-potion will make you unkillable combined with Chakra and accumulate/guts is OP as shit for JP grinding and even works for clearing maps, since you can spam it the entire time the enemy is walking to your starting position. 11 strength in early game is ridiculous and very easy to achieve with accumulate.

That's really all you need. The next upgrade from Monk is Ninja and Punch Art Ninjas are strong enough for endgame. But you can do a lot of other things later too. You want to get blade grasp on all melee characters and the aegis shield on all characters who can equip shields.

Orlandu is the strongest character but he has no utility and you get him too late. If you focus on rushing Orlandu and spamming red chocobo, you'll probably get bodied in early maps.

Not only that, but the method I outlined is much less restrictive since it doesn't limit your choices past the initial character building phase.
RAPEMAN wrote: