Game Cunts

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rpgworm

Re: Game Cunts

Post by rpgworm » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:27 pm

It is so fucking sad that someone has to apologize for a joke, more so a weak sauce joke like that... But that's the audience these guys cultivated, enjoy walking on egg shells for the rest of you lives

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:57 pm

Could it be that he's entering the Angry Joe phase of his career, where he starts to lose touch with his fans? I hope so.
Dingus Bajingus wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:44 pm
Indeed, hence the "some less so than others". I think people more often compare the Red Mage to a bard, since it has abilities for both healing and damage, which FF loosely interpreted as simply having access to both schools of magic. Also the swanky hats.
Depends on the edition of AD&D. 1st edition AD&D had Bards be some weird kind of "cheat code" with insane stat requirements. Though I guess Red Mages basically have bard spells with Cleric-like access to heavier armor.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:30 pm

Remember, jokes like that are horrible and make you an auto Nazi, unless you’re part of the clique.

That aside it’s still a pretty scummy thing to do. Make up an obviously fake name or something you wad.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:44 pm

rpgworm wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:51 pm
Since when Egoraptor started with this woke shit?
He's been a faggot for a very long time. They actually unironically put trigger warnings in episode of Game Grumps and he's actually buddy-buddy with Anita.
rpgworm wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:27 pm
It is so fucking sad that someone has to apologize for a joke, more so a weak sauce joke like that... But that's the audience these guys cultivated, enjoy walking on egg shells for the rest of you lives
They're constantly apologising for offending people with their shit jokes. Again, it's something they've been doing for a long time
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:26 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:57 pm
Could it be that he's entering the Angry Joe phase of his career, where he starts to lose touch with his fans? I hope so.
Dingus Bajingus wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:44 pm
Indeed, hence the "some less so than others". I think people more often compare the Red Mage to a bard, since it has abilities for both healing and damage, which FF loosely interpreted as simply having access to both schools of magic. Also the swanky hats.
Depends on the edition of AD&D. 1st edition AD&D had Bards be some weird kind of "cheat code" with insane stat requirements. Though I guess Red Mages basically have bard spells with Cleric-like access to heavier armor.
Red Mages are badass. Decent armor and weapons, melee potential, and a modest spell list. While I admit it’s more practical to have a Black and White duo in classic FF rather than a Red, I still enjoy them for aesthetic.

Blue is another favorite of mine, since it’s such an odd class. In a good game you get a varied and impressive list of spells that you earn through a cool method, and you have some rad equipment potential. My first and recent experience with the Time job was FFV, not sure how I feel about that since those are usually just B/W spells.

Also Arin is a faggot shitlib.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:08 am

I'm always annoyed when an FF game doesn't have a red mage option.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:35 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:08 am
I'm always annoyed when an FF game doesn't have a red mage option.
Or when they make certain classes useless. I know you can only so so much with some of them, but 5 did an awful job with Geomancers.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:07 am

SpoilerShow
Geomancers are a case of a class with everything good except the skills. Geo skills are awful. You have to invest 1000 jp or so just to get the geo skill to be consistently available in a majority of maps. And it's not even good.

But the geomancer CLASS is fucking amazing. You can equip the Aegis Shield and Rune Sword on a magic class! That alone is ridiculous. 50% chance to evade all magic and you can combo that with blade grasp for 97% normal attack evasion + 50% spell evade, which means only skills can hit you.

Additionally, this is a magic class which means your secondary magic skill can get strong as fuck. Draw Out scales off magic. I don't know if I've mentioned Draw Out Black Mages on dhi in the past but that shit is OP as FUCK. Well, Draw Out Geomancers can get about the same strength magic with equipment boosts. What you end up with is a magic class that can heal, deal (very strong) AoE damage which can't be avoided by enemies at all, hit all the way across the map in a line and can tank as well as anything else in FFT.

Geomancers are actually very strong but only if you build them around their secondary skill. It has to be something that scales off of magic and Draw Out is pretty much the best magic scaling sub skill unless you take the time to develop Math Skill. Geomancer is an endgame class for when you've already built your character and you need a class for your endgame character to sit in so they have some survivability while they spam OP shit. Orator/Mediator is similar because its skills are shit (unless you want to minmax your faith stat) but it has access to guns and allows your mage characters to transition to back row while still retaining a useful attack ability (guns are strong for picking off weaklings.) By contrast, Oracle is good at endgame, but it's also good while leveling because rods kick ass.

Also I think some people have trouble with geomancer because they try to build is as a split stat class or even physical class. It's magic. You need to build for magic. If you want to build for attack, go ninja, monk or even knight. Split stat classes in FFT don't really exist. Samurai is another class like geomancer where you can only build them one way and it's not obvious. Draw Out is a great skill but it's NOT an amazing skill on a properly build Samurai because you can't maximize your damage with samurais if you're wasting time on buffing draw out. You have to pick either staying as a samurai or mastering draw out and switching to a magic class.

When I say you can only build one way, I mean if you want a good build. The game is easy enough at endgame that you can make all kinds of shitty builds work.
Edit: I'm fucking stupid and I thought we were talking about FFT. FF5 geos are probably garbage but I don't remember how they work. Freelancer and Mime beat everything anyway. I'm not going to delete what I said because it still applies to FFT if anyone is autistic enough to care about minmaxing in FFT.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:05 am

FF spergery:
SpoilerShow
I really should give FFV another swing. I only played it once, years ago, but it seems to be a favorite for experimenting with party setups. There are just so goddam many different versions. Played through FFI several times, though (NES and Origins only, shits to the stuff added after that). Old standby of W/?/WM/BM. Usually go with a Thief, just for shitty OCD balance reasons (my Knight gets limited White Magic, so my second should get limited Black Magic, herpaderp), and to give the Masamune to someone thematically appropriate while the Knight still rocks Excalibur. Gone through it with everything except a second White or Black Mage, too, though.
Uh... what else was going on?
Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:26 am
Oh, right.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:14 am

Dingus Bajingus wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:05 am
FF spergery:
SpoilerShow
I really should give FFV another swing. I only played it once, years ago, but it seems to be a favorite for experimenting with party setups. There are just so goddam many different versions. Played through FFI several times, though (NES and Origins only, shits to the stuff added after that). Old standby of W/?/WM/BM. Usually go with a Thief, just for shitty OCD balance reasons (my Knight gets limited White Magic, so my second should get limited Black Magic, herpaderp), and to give the Masamune to someone thematically appropriate while the Knight still rocks Excalibur. Gone through it with everything except a second White or Black Mage, too, though.
Uh... what else was going on?
Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:26 am
Oh, right.
Good choice in party. Although I always go with Monk as my ? slot because that fucking damage potential.

No sperging at all Rabid, I plan to play that game soon and will definitely consult you in the gaming thread when the time comes.