Game Cunts

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: Game Cunts

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:02 pm

It's not even bad tbh. A lot of later 3d games had the same "snap the camera behind you" system. Even games that really SHOULD have had full dual analogue support.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:19 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:02 pm
It's not even bad tbh. A lot of later 3d games had the same "snap the camera behind you" system. Even games that really SHOULD have had full dual analogue support.
OoT’s camera is pretty solid, especially compared to some other games from that era I’ve played.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:43 pm

It's like when people bitch about mario 64's camera system as if it was uniquely terrible or even all that bad at all.

Nigga, it's one of the first fully 3d games with open levels using a controller with no 2nd stick and you're bitching about the camera being a little fiddly? Do the zoomed out mario cam or zoomed out lakitu cam and STFU. There's so many games in the ps2, xbox and gamecube era (YEARS later) that have way worse camera systems despite utilizing a superior controller and more powerful hardware + years of cribbed knowledge on how to design a 3d game.

IT'S NOT EVEN BAD! That's the worst part! It's just bitches bitching to bitch because they see a game is old and assume that any complaints about it being dated will just be accepted by their retarded fanbase. DSP does that all the time. He'll play some early xbox 360 era game and cry about how dated it is. There are plenty of ps1 and n64 era games that have more intelligent design and better controls than shit made today. Hell, NES mega man 4 is pretty much unbeatable in the controls department by ANY standards. NES mega mans games have such tight controls that platforming challenges which would be impossible in any other game are pathetically easy in mega man. The controls are that precise.

I think Arin is just a retard whose brain never made the transition from 2d to 3d gaming.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:03 am

There was also the fun bit in his Sequelitis where he complained about the OoT chest opening scene triggering him. Surely, an expert reviewer.

I was never really bothered with the Mario 64 camera. There were a lot of other games with more issues, and sure, you can zoom in way too fucking close if you want, but playing zoomed out is just fine. The developers were even unsure of their mad camera skillz and made pretty much all the platforms extra chunky as a result.

The OoT camera's aged rather well, too. The lock-on mode was a workable compromise for a time where they haven't figured out how to handle 3D combat in the DMC-style, and pretty much all of the modern 3rd person games have the camera way closer by default than OoT ever did.

(Also holy shit, a Zelda game where you fight like in DMC or Bayonetta would be rad as shit.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:35 pm

Hell I’ve played worse games that came a generation after OoT with far worse camera controls, just like you said Rabid. All of these smug self proclaimed critics don’t know shit about what makes a game good or bad, fuck them.

And Platinum Games Zelda? I’d play that.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:35 pm
Hell I’ve played worse games that came a generation after OoT with far worse camera controls, just like you said Rabid. All of these smug self proclaimed critics don’t know shit about what makes a game good or bad, fuck them.

And Platinum Games Zelda? I’d play that.
They don't. Take this old D&D game here;

[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... rt.png[img]

Despite a couple glaring bugs and the engine having a hard time running full 3D with all the spell effects and shit, it's a very good representation of the 3.5 D&D rules that takes out so much of the guess work and calculation you have to do on paper and lets you focus on the task at hand. By all accounts, a good game, just has problems that were greatly reduced by future modding etc.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:15 pm

I can honestly say I never had a problem with Ocarina's camera. It's not like you needed to ever do any ultra-precise platforming anyway, and enemies only ever attack you one at a time, so if you're getting hit in the back you're just bad at the game. And that's the thing with Arin. You know how fanboys pull out the "you're just bad at the game" meme to fend off criticism? It's actually true about Arin. The GG playthrough of Ocarina completely exposed all his complaints as paper-thin excuses for why he was bad at the game.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:14 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:43 pm
I think Arin is just a retard whose brain never made the transition from 2d to 3d gaming.
There ain't nothing worse than watching Arin trying to play Star Fox 64
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:05 pm

Which also doubled as one of Jon's greatest moments of shame because he also got outed as a total n00b.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:25 am

Angelfire Memes wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:15 pm
I can honestly say I never had a problem with Ocarina's camera. It's not like you needed to ever do any ultra-precise platforming anyway, and enemies only ever attack you one at a time, so if you're getting hit in the back you're just bad at the game. And that's the thing with Arin. You know how fanboys pull out the "you're just bad at the game" meme to fend off criticism? It's actually true about Arin. The GG playthrough of Ocarina completely exposed all his complaints as paper-thin excuses for why he was bad at the game.
I had long since stopped watching before they got to OoT, but I’m tempted to check out a few episodes. Arin is the defensive deconstruct type, the person who gets hit with a good insult or other adversity and tries to pretentious explain why it’s invalid or untrue. I knew a guy like that in school, he was a hyper faggot.

This may be heresy but I kinda like Dan, before I stopped he seemed more playful and charmed by games, finding things he saw really neat that Arin would just write off. If I had to choose someone to couch co-op with it’d definitely be him.

Also a shame to hear about Holly and Ross, not because I care, but because 5+ years ago Holly was kinda fuckable. Not marriable of course, but I’d give her my bird for the night.