Re: Game Cunts

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:12 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:33 am
Birdshot
And risk it not killing him? Fuck no. Sabot shells all the way
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:24 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:12 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Birdshot
And risk it not killing him?
At mouth distance it will. Really, at that distance you're talking about a barrel-sized hole either way no matter what you pick.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:27 am

Speaking of birdshot, listen to Chapelle's new special. Just listen to it.
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:38 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Embarrassing. Load up that shell, Arin. You know you want to. Birdshot should be enough for your bird brain.
To easy. He has come from the D-Club, and to the D-Club he needs to return in order to be fully banished.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:11 pm

mad bum wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:27 am
Speaking of birdshot, listen to Chapelle's new special. Just listen to it.
SpoilerShow
Mein neger
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:34 pm

The plebbit has a guy who's one of the testers for their Soviet Scam Game.
Apparently GG is being even more scummy:

SpoilerShow
New Grumps Game Has MTX in Beta, 10 Dollars for Sonic Skin

I'm in the beta for the new Game Grumps produced Battle Royale, Soviet Jump Game. The game itself is designed nicely, has similarities to Duck Game and has a fun retro russian theme to it. For a beta it has been playing well. HOWEVER it is a free Battle Royale and as such everyone is expecting microtransactions to be about as bad or worse than other free BRs on the market.

I just didn't think they would already be accepting people's money in the early beta, when the game is unstable and people frequently die to bugs (falling through floors, walls, powerups not working correctly).

There is a bundle of "Jump Coins" you can buy that is 50 dollars. The lowest bundle (1,000 Jump Coins) is 5 dollars, however there are already multiple skins in the warehouse (in-game store) that cost 1,800 Jump Coins. In order to have enough coins immediately for that, you have to spend 10 dollars to get a soviet knockoff Sonic skin, or a snail skin (just an average snail). That is not to say anyone has to, but the Discord has had players who mention they want to spend a lot of money to "support the Grumps and the devs", and there were people on day 1 of the beta access who had already spent 50 dollars. Having such high payment options and obvious price points that force people to buy the next bundle up for a skin feels weird - maybe not weird for a BR that will have a majority audience that skews to the younger side, but especially weird for a game that is still ironing out glitches and stability.

There is a lootbox system, where you can purchase one set of 3 boxes (golden eggs, in this case) for 200 Jump Coins, or 10 boxes for 2,000 Jump Coins (again for reference, 10 dollars). The lootbox screen claims to have a 7.5% chance of a rare item (skin, animation, sound effect, etc. known as "Party Elite") and guarantees at least one rare item per 30 sets (30 dollars). Personally, I don't tend to purchase cosmetics in free games, so these price points may strike others differently than they do me. All I can say is it really feels like their betting on the game having a steady flow of whales and cash cows to bankroll it.

Notes not related to the microtransactions: there were a lot of people on the server who had to be told that this is not a genuine remake of a soviet-era video game. Like, a lot. The people who say "it's just a bit, everybody knows it's not real by now" are absolutely full of shit. There is also an admin in the server for the beta whose name is simply SovietJumpGame (so they are part of the team in some official capacity but I don't know who exactly they are) who has already insulted people who don't know how to get their game key from the server bot, mocking them for being unable to follow simple instructions. I'll agree the instructions are straightforward and the people who are posting commands in the wrong channels could just try to read the faq, but it's also something you kind of come to expect from Grump social media presences. I don't really get why they feel like insulting their fans/consumers is like some sort of on-brand cool thing to do these days. At least hide the fact you think they're all idiots.

tl;dr They're charging between 5-50 dollars for micros and Sonic skins, doing shitty lootbox randoms, and admins are dumping all over the players. For an indy shovelware game.
In BETA.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:01 pm

Dunno what your problem is. Sounds like a typical Current Year indie beta / Early Access extravaganza to me.
I don't really get why they feel like insulting their fans/consumers is like some sort of on-brand cool thing to do these days. At least hide the fact you think they're all idiots.
They feel like that because the Spoony Paths is a one-way lane.

Or, to say it in the immortal words of Soviet Germany: Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:04 pm

Lol. They are Jewer than AAA studios. Even EA would be embarrassed by their obsession with shekels. :lol:

I need to see the Sonic skin. If it's an almost exact copy maybe we can get Sega to sue them for copyright infringement. They can't cry about fair use since they are making people pay for the skin.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:18 pm

Danny is a jew king, so he sure rubbed off on Arin.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:50 pm

mad bum wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:18 pm
Danny is a jew king, so he sure rubbed off on Arin.
>implying arin isn't a master at fleecing kids
He's been reaching into children's pocket before Danny was even around.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!