Game Cunts

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Game Cunts

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:47 pm

Except for those last couple seasons. Super Sentai is now officially a B-lister compared to Kamen Rider and Pretty Cure.

Also Dairanger was a bit strange.

(For added fun, there's also a Monster of the Week that essentially a fat pedophile.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:54 pm

Dehbashi wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:31 pm
Actually with Sentai, ratings hasn't been great the last few years but the merch is what kept it alive from what SS fans have said.
Watch the Power Rangers episode of The Toys that made Us on Netflix, quite a fascinating story of how the toy license went all over the place after Bandai were stabbed in the back.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:06 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:47 pm
(For added fun, there's also a Monster of the Week that essentially a fat pedophile.)
I'm glad MovieBob is finally getting the recognition he deserves.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:22 pm

Kinda.
SpoilerShow
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:56 pm

Guru Larry wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:54 pm
Dehbashi wrote:
Actually with Sentai, ratings hasn't been great the last few years but the merch is what kept it alive from what SS fans have said.
Watch the Power Rangers episode of The Toys that made Us on Netflix, quite a fascinating story of how the toy license went all over the place after Bandai were stabbed in the back.
I thought Saban just went to Hasbro. I didn't know he jumped to multiple companies after the Bandai fiasco. While I have watched bits of PR and SS in recent years, I am not a huge toukatsu fan to pay attention to all the details. I will definitely watch it to see the full story. Makes me wonder if that is what made Saban pull the plug and sell Saban Brands to Hasbro.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:28 pm

Afaik, ratings for PR have been a bit shite for a while, and that reboot movie with the Autist of Color had too much of a lackluster box office performance to warrant an entire movie series. Saban basically figured he had milked the franchise for all its worth and decided to sell it while it still had some value.

Als also dunno about strange toy license deals, but right now everything is 100% Hasbro.
-Yours Truly

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:05 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:28 pm
Afaik, ratings for PR have been a bit shite for a while, and that reboot movie with the Autist of Color had too much of a lackluster box office performance to warrant an entire movie series. Saban basically figured he had milked the franchise for all its worth and decided to sell it while it still had some value.

Als also dunno about strange toy license deals, but right now everything is 100% Hasbro.
The entire team spends most of the run time of the film out of costume being teenagers. Who the fuck greenlit that?
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:39 am

Dehbashi wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:56 pm
Guru Larry wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:54 pm
Dehbashi wrote:
I thought Saban just went to Hasbro. I didn't know he jumped to multiple companies after the Bandai fiasco. While I have watched bits of PR and SS in recent years, I am not a huge toukatsu fan to pay attention to all the details. I will definitely watch it to see the full story. Makes me wonder if that is what made Saban pull the plug and sell Saban Brands to Hasbro.
I believe Hasbro bought the Power Ranger license off them outright. They own the property now.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:40 pm

They were even nice enough to finally adapt Go-Busters, aka that one Sentai show that's basically a PR hommage.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:59 am

Guru Larry wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:48 pm
I really liked the 2011 Thundercats, it was far superior to the original, and they were even going to expand it into a shared universe with SilverHawks and TigerSharks.
The Bitch Nigga group might actually be too good for you.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!