Cuckson

Re: Little kuriboh ,once youtube idol for weaboos now cuck

Post by Cuckson » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:44 am

just reading this thread made me gain 100 pounds and a neckbeard

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:48 am

I remember that meme with the ass crack guy going around and taking pictures.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:23 pm

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:33 am
I don't think I'd list Illusions of Grandeur as a great card from Ice Age. It was only good because it combo'd incredibly with Donate, which wasn't printed for years later, and it's been irrelevant in Legacy for years.
That is a card people must see to comprehend.

http://magiccards.info/scans/en/ia/79.jpg

20 life is the starting value. Illusions of Grandeur is absolute garbage and it's dangerous garbage due to the cumulative upkeep. So the round after casting you have to pay 2, next round 4, next round 6 and so on. It's impossible to keep on board for long and when you can't pay up, you'll lose that 20 life again. Life gain is a noob trap and life gain that will disappear on it's own is beyond useless.
It's not a great card at all. It's utter shit. But whenever a card is such a piece of shit, people will want to find a way to make it useful.
Years later, Donate came around.
http://magiccards.info/scans/en/ud/31.jpg

And with those two cards, the legendary combo deck called Trix was created. You play Illusions, gain that twenty life and donate it to your opponent who now has a ticking time bomb on his hands that will cost him twenty life when he can't pay up anymore to have it stick around. Destroying it is also useless because it stated "when it leaves play".
You could argue Illusions is great exactly because it's utter shit. But when Donate wasn't around yet it was nothing but hot garbage.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:09 pm

What's up with Donate's grammar?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:25 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:09 pm
What's up with Donate's grammar?
In what way?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:36 pm

"Target player gains control of target permanent you control" just sounds weird to me. Shouldn't that be "Target player gains permanent control of target you control"? Or is "target permanent" some kind of Magic lingo?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:01 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:36 pm
"Target player gains control of target permanent you control" just sounds weird to me. Shouldn't that be "Target player gains permanent control of target you control"? Or is "target permanent" some kind of Magic lingo?
It is game lingo. In Magic, cards have different types (Land, Artifact, Creature, Sorcery, etc.), and a "permanent" is a card that stays in play after being played (for example, a Land or Creature). Non-permanent cards are "spells" that are discarded after being played (like Sorceries and Instants).

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:01 pm

Yeah, "target" and "permanent" are game lingo. When something targets something it can be re-directed or prevented or trigger another effect if you have a card saying so. Spellskite is a good example:
http://magiccards.info/scans/en/mm2/230.jpg

"Permanent" is just any card that normally remains on the playfield. Basically shorthand for saying "any land, artefact, creature, enchantment, planeswalker or token but nothing from the graveyard or exile". There's nothing actually permanent in Magic.
That's really the appeal of Magic, that every rule can be and is broken. The basic rules are super simple and from then on whatever a card says it does it does.
Especially since "the stack" has been set in place it's really easy to understand card effects and how they interact with each other. First to come in, last to come out. When you play a spell it's actually a proposal that can be reacted upon, which in turn can be reacted upon and so on. All comes on a stack and then the effects go off from top to bottom.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:03 am

WHy is season 4 of Yugioh Abridged worst written then season 3 of rick and morty?