Trans-Snowflakes Megathread

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Trans-Snowflakes Megathread

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:37 am

That dumb shit is really depressing to read since one of the biggest laugh I ever had from The Simpsons is from a Sideshow Bob episode:

I remember completely losing it at that because it was so out of place and dumb in a good way.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:52 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:05 pm
And I wonder if they're still airing that one episode showing how bullshit "Listen and Believe" can be.
Ah yeah, "Homer Badman". That's an entire episode that's more relevant now than when it aired.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:03 pm

"Dramatization. May not have happened."

That sums up "real" news today pretty well.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:54 pm

I wonder if that episode is even allowed to air anymore...
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:37 am
I remember completely losing it at that because it was so out of place and dumb in a good way.
Well, if ya gonna parody Cape Fear, you might as well throw some slasher references in it.

Bob's one of my favorite character, and I generally judge a season's quality by how it treats him. Of all the characters whose development keeps getting reseted, his is some of the infuriating. An episode where he legit grew a new leaf and even stopped his batshit brother? Oh, now he wants to kill Krusty again. An episode where he even buried the hatchet with Krusty? Oh, now he wants to kill Bart again.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:46 pm

They even made a Bob episode combined with a "Simpsons go to X" episode, where Bob is a mayor in Italy with a waifu and brat. And then theres an episode where they do some horrific face swap with his brother, complete with his brothers face being ripped off.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:47 pm

Zombie Simpsons sounds terrible.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:55 pm

If it sounds that way, that's because it is.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:19 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:46 pm
They even made a Bob episode combined with a "Simpsons go to X" episode, where Bob is a mayor in Italy with a waifu and brat. And then theres an episode where they do some horrific face swap with his brother, complete with his brothers face being ripped off.
Putting Bob into Europe isn't even original. One of the very few Simpsons comics I've read had him team up with those two French guys who used Bart for slave labor aeons ago. Because they just happened to run into each other while chasing after Bart.

Simpsons comics might've been a warning for things to come.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:11 am

The best way to salvage anything from the Simpsons now would be to kill off Lisa.

The show would be 100x better with just Bart and Maggie Having Lisa around gives her brother nothing to do. Every good episode ranked online invariably is half Bart episodes
Why? His character actually grows.
Homer is already enough of a buffoon but loses the opportunity to actually be a Dad if Lisa doesnt need him. Similarly, Marge has nothing really to teach or offer her daughter other than just being bland and inoffensive enough to be a caretaker until shes old enough.

The only thing the show resonates with is with Pacific Northwest hipsters and that should tell you all you need to know about your audience. At one poi t the show was actually mainstream, because the writers actually considered their audience to be normal people.
I remember reading a webpage full of Simpson fan favorite quotes from these people. None of them sounded like they came from the actual show
Last edited by Tony Schiavone on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:23 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:54 pm
I wonder if that episode is even allowed to air anymore...
They can probably only show Homer Badman today if they include an opening "trigger warning" slide, like Warner Bros. does with their old cartoons.
SpoilerShow