Trans-Snowflakes Megathread

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Trans-Snowflakes Megathread

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:09 am

TPATP only seems "decent" in the context of 18 years of even worse trash.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:21 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:41 am
Yes. I'm going to have to check that out. It was an absolute insult to the audience, but I remember the episode having some funny parts.
There were some funny moments, yes, but they shit all over Principal Skinner for some cheap jokes

Also MovieBob defends it so that should tell you everything you need to know
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:27 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:17 am
I'm actually trying to pinpoint the moment it jumped the shark. The death of Maude Flanders seems to be the obvious answer, but I'm wondering if it really started earlier.
I always narrow it down to somewhere between "Brother from Another Series" and whenever the fuck the Sideshow Bob episode after that aired.

Though my memory about episode order is a bit hazy. But I definitely know that Bob never recovered after this.

It was also somewhere after this that they started to make sequel episodes for one-off characters that came and went years ago, which is always a sign of good quality.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:34 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:27 am
Though my memory about episode order is a bit hazy.
Same here! That's the most surprising thing about this rewatch. Certain episodes come way earlier, or way later than I had thought.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:36 pm

The Zombie Simpsons episode where Patty comes out as lesbian, the female golfer she was going to marry turns out to be a man. This would probably be considered "transphobic" today by SJWs.
https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Leslie_Swisher

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:02 pm

I feel a lot of older Lisa-centric episodes could also be considered "problematic", with the way she is frequently shown as an autistic, self-proclaimed moral authority.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:29 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:36 pm
The Zombie Simpsons episode where Patty comes out as lesbian, the female golfer she was going to marry turns out to be a man. This would probably be considered "transphobic" today by SJWs.
https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Leslie_Swisher
Ironically, that episode also has Homer as the more likable character, by leaps and bounds, just for the fact that he was the only one not being a judgemental asshole - which I'm sure wasn't the authors' idea for his character at that point in time.

Speaking of Zombie Simpsons, has any recent episode surpassed "Lisa Goes Gaga" as being completely unwatchable garbage? That was by far the single worst episode I've ever seen.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:41 pm

You're all discussing shit that aired eons after I stopped watching now.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:44 pm

This is probably for the best. Checking what's going on with Current Year Simpsons is weird. I mean, I recently found out that Bob turned himself into a mutant.
-Yours Truly

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:47 pm

The last episode I can recall watching was one where Marge ran off with some motorcycle guy. Homer went after her and ended up fighting the guy by swinging motorcycles at each other like melee weapons. The whole thing was so unfunny and stupid that I realized the show wasn't worth watching anymore.
Is Spoony dead yet?