YMS: The Pretentious Furfag Movie Critic

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Re: YMS: The Pretentious Furfag Movie Critic

Post by RAPEMAN » Sun May 31, 2020 2:05 am

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 1:15 am
Tarantino was inspired by several filmmakers he’s still the greatest director that ever lived.
Good ol' Ctrl+C Tarantino, captivating the minds of the simpleton.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 31, 2020 6:41 am

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Why is it such a big deal that Lion King probably got some inspiration from Kimba?
Because it is an even greater conspiracy than Doki Doki Panic.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:33 am

Cuckara wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:21 pm
Someone here must've watched all 2 and a half hours of dogfucker's autism: does he ever address that there are numerous connections between Disney and Kimba, or does he try to argue that all of the connections are lies and coincidences? I'm sure he could put together a reasonable argument that Kimba's plot is very different from The Lion King's plot, but any balanced argument about the plagiarism accusations that are thrown at The Lion King should acknowledge that Disney were clearly full of shit when they tried to claim they had never heard of Kimba.
A late response, but because I actually did recently watch it out of curiosity, I might as well answer. He acknowledges that some people who worked on The Lion King may have gotten some inspiration from Kimba but the claims of the movie being an actual rip-off don't really have real proof. As for the mention of Disney saying they had never heard of Kimba (more specifically the statement by a spokesperson that claimed "none of the principals involved in creating the Lion King were aware of Kimba or Tezuka"), he actually does touch on that towards the end, saying it's a ridiculous claim and was probably the kind of dumb blanket denial that lawyers of a corporation put out to try to avoid any responsibility; it was actually walked back shortly afterwards, modifying it to saying that some had heard of Kimba but it didn't play a role in the development of the film.

If you want the quick version, just watch the first 10 minutes or so because he covers the biggest things there, and then the rest of the video is a more in-depth analysis. But here's a summary of his main points.

First, a lot of the clips people hold up as showing the clearest similarities between Kimba and The Lion King actually come from a Kimba film released several years after The Lion King. Thus if there was any copying going on in regards to these clips, it would actually be Kimba copying The Lion King.

Even when focusing on the older material that predated The Lion King, when people hold up instances of supposedly similar characters or plots, they're actually of quite minor plots or characters from Kimba. For example, there's supposedly a similarity between Pumba (the warthog) in The Lion King and a warthog in Kimba, but the warthog in Kimba appears in only one episode of the original 52-episode series and had a completely different personality and plot. For Disney to actually have copied these elements, it would've required an insane deep-dive into Kimba and even then the copying would have been on the most tertiary of elements. This also ignores the major differences between The Lion King and Kimba.

Furthermore, some of the comparisons supposedly made are so broad it's hard to see it as anything other than coincidence ("lightning starts a fire and rain puts it out") or actually involve misrepresenting what actually happened in either The Lion King or Kimba.

Finally, he points out that Osamu Tezuka's son and Tezuka Productions have said they don't think there was any rip-offs going on.

I'm not really a fan of YMS but I actually thought this was actually a pretty good video of his, even if it could've probably been cut down a bit. There actually are some pretty funny bits in it, particularly when he's showing some of the downright bizarre parts of Kimba that often gets ignored.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:20 pm

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:33 am
Cuckara wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:21 pm
Someone here must've watched all 2 and a half hours of dogfucker's autism: does he ever address that there are numerous connections between Disney and Kimba, or does he try to argue that all of the connections are lies and coincidences? I'm sure he could put together a reasonable argument that Kimba's plot is very different from The Lion King's plot, but any balanced argument about the plagiarism accusations that are thrown at The Lion King should acknowledge that Disney were clearly full of shit when they tried to claim they had never heard of Kimba.
SpoilerShow
A late response, but because I actually did recently watch it out of curiosity, I might as well answer. He acknowledges that some people who worked on The Lion King may have gotten some inspiration from Kimba but the claims of the movie being an actual rip-off don't really have real proof. As for the mention of Disney saying they had never heard of Kimba (more specifically the statement by a spokesperson that claimed "none of the principals involved in creating the Lion King were aware of Kimba or Tezuka"), he actually does touch on that towards the end, saying it's a ridiculous claim and was probably the kind of dumb blanket denial that lawyers of a corporation put out to try to avoid any responsibility; it was actually walked back shortly afterwards, modifying it to saying that some had heard of Kimba but it didn't play a role in the development of the film.

If you want the quick version, just watch the first 10 minutes or so because he covers the biggest things there, and then the rest of the video is a more in-depth analysis. But here's a summary of his main points.

First, a lot of the clips people hold up as showing the clearest similarities between Kimba and The Lion King actually come from a Kimba film released several years after The Lion King. Thus if there was any copying going on in regards to these clips, it would actually be Kimba copying The Lion King.

Even when focusing on the older material that predated The Lion King, when people hold up instances of supposedly similar characters or plots, they're actually of quite minor plots or characters from Kimba. For example, there's supposedly a similarity between Pumba (the warthog) in The Lion King and a warthog in Kimba, but the warthog in Kimba appears in only one episode of the original 52-episode series and had a completely different personality and plot. For Disney to actually have copied these elements, it would've required an insane deep-dive into Kimba and even then the copying would have been on the most tertiary of elements. This also ignores the major differences between The Lion King and Kimba.

Furthermore, some of the comparisons supposedly made are so broad it's hard to see it as anything other than coincidence ("lightning starts a fire and rain puts it out") or actually involve misrepresenting what actually happened in either The Lion King or Kimba.

Finally, he points out that Osamu Tezuka's son and Tezuka Productions have said they don't think there was any rip-offs going on.

I'm not really a fan of YMS but I actually thought this was actually a pretty good video of his, even if it could've probably been cut down a bit. There actually are some pretty funny bits in it, particularly when he's showing some of the downright bizarre parts of Kimba that often gets ignored.
Amazing. You came here to defend your own video. Autism is a hell of a drug eh, YMS?
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:28 pm

>YMS
>good video

pick one
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:27 am

CIANigger wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:20 pm
Amazing. You came here to defend your own video. Autism is a hell of a drug eh, YMS?
YMS does actual drugs so no it isn't.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:55 am

True. YMS probably isn't autistic at all! The faker. He's high on cocaine and meth all the time, so he just seems that way.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:58 am

It's often hard to tell where the IN stops and the autist begins.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:27 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Why is it such a big deal that Lion King probably got some inspiration from Kimba? Tarantino was inspired by several filmmakers he’s still the greatest director that ever lived.
I hope you’re not older than 12, otherwise that is an utterly embarrassing opinion

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:27 pm
TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Why is it such a big deal that Lion King probably got some inspiration from Kimba? Tarantino was inspired by several filmmakers he’s still the greatest director that ever lived.
I hope you’re not older than 12, otherwise that is an utterly embarrassing opinion
Now putting the greatest director aside (I enjoy his work and there's no doubt that he's one of the greats)
The best artists steal from other artists.
And both are fine on their own merits.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.