YMS: The Pretentious Furfag Movie Critic

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rpgworm

Re: YMS: The Pretentious Furfag Movie Critic

Post by rpgworm » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:17 pm

Dog fucker likes Aronofsky? I thought the art snobs hated the fucker because he was a mainstream pretender, a blockbuster big studio hack making dumb movies with the impression of being a art-house craft, you know, the type of movies dull people mention when they want to engage in "smart people talk"... the guy made a carrer out of making dumb people think they are smart. (and that is how he got to nail Jennifer Lawrence)

Oh wait, I guess I've just answered my own question huh? Also Lynch>>Jodorowsky, get fucked. (by a dog).

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:56 pm

I think Aronofsky has some talent as a filmmaker, but intellectually he's a total hack fraud. I struggle to think of an "arthouse" filmmaker who's as unsubtle as him. If he had any brains, he would keep his mouth shut and try to create the illusion that his films aren't as blunt as they are. That mother! press tour where he kept babbling about how "the film is about how we're destroying mother nature" was absolutely embarrassing.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:39 am

I think I'll just watch The Holy Mountain tomorrow, just to see how it compares to Eraserhead. Is it shit? I bet it's shit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:47 am

RLM summed up Aronofsky perfectly with “pretentious Brooklyn cab driver”, his movies are shit and the only good thing he ever contributed to society was ass to ass.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:59 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:47 am
RLM summed up Aronofsky perfectly with “pretentious Brooklyn cab driver”, his movies are shit and the only good thing he ever contributed to society was ass to ass.
I decided to look up Aronofsky's movie and I saw his photos, and I gotta say. That is the Jewiest looking motherfucker I've seen outside of a rabbi in a WW2 movie. He makes Spielberg look like a member of the Aryan Nation.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:58 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:59 am
Old Black Man wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:47 am
I decided to look up Aronofsky's movie and I saw his photos, and I gotta say. That is the Jewiest looking motherfucker I've seen outside of a rabbi in a WW2 movie. He makes Spielberg look like a member of the Aryan Nation.
Ha! That should be on his imdb page. He’s a freak, apparently the ass to ass scene was inspired by something he witnessed IRL.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

rpgworm

Post by rpgworm » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:11 am

Aronofsky is a weird case. I mean, he was always "artsy". But he used to be a quite straight forward film maker. Requiem for a Dream is a good movie. It does have unique visual here and there, but the story was straight forward and it was good drama.

I think this is what happens when you start to believe the shit people say about you and you don't try, or think shit will be good on the sole account it's because you are doing it.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:50 am

Isn't Requiem for a dream a representation of Spoony's life?

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:40 pm

Requiem for a Dream is by far his best film. I do not get the hype that surrounds Black Swan.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:44 pm

Arranovsky is another Jewish hack who liked pilfering from the yellow man's toonamiated wares.