YMS: The Pretentious Furfag Movie Critic

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: YMS: The Pretentious Furfag Movie Critic

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:08 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:13 pm
So this quote wasn't said by him?
>"I know it's heresy but I don't really like to watch that many old movies. There's an obvious lack of quality on a technical level due to the primitive technology. Yeah sure, there's no doubt that Eisenstein and Bergman are very influential but in my opinion, their movies don't hold up. The people that tend to praise the films of Kurosawa and Welles are usually either pretending to be infatuated with them to give off the look that they're cinephiles or just take influence into account when it comes to cinema. I personally like to take an objective approach to film criticism and not take into account influence and other subjective variables."
If you look at his favourite films on IMDB
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls000031161/

Then there are only two films pre-1970.
Also, his taste in films are extremely basic and plebby. I mean Lion King in the top 10? Jesus Christ.
I know I've shit on his taste in the past. Kill Bill 1 and 2? My opinion echoes mark kermode's in that regard. Fuck Kill Bill. People treat it as a masterpiece when most of it is just noise.

Lords of the Rings trilogy is as pleb taste as they come.

Sin City isn't all that good. It's ok but not amazing.

Black Swan is a meme.

Lel the matrix is on his favorite movies? He should talk to Nostalgia Doge about that. The Doges clearly hated it.

Oscar bait like 12 years a slave.

Grindhouse is FUCKING AWFUL. Two awful movies. One has a great soundtrack but they're still bad. Death Proof is arguably tarantino's worst movie. Planet Terror is just bad. They attempt to invoke grindhouse cinema without any of the quality of grindhouse cinema.

Evil Dead trilogy, ok whatever. Only Evil Dead II really stood out to me. I think people overrate this series.

At least he put Ichi the Killer on his list.

Most of his list reads like a basic bitch list people put together of "muh movies that people like." I didn't see much that would differentiate his tastes from "averagemoviecritic.txt." Not even any Kurosawa tbh. I expected to see muh seven samurai, but I guess old movies don't make the list. No Hara-Kiri, Ran, Sansho the Bailiff, Ugetsu,Throne of Blood, Onibaba, Kwaidan or Kuroneko. Nothing from chinese or hong kong cinema, so no Enter the Dragon, Five Deadly Venoms, 36th Chamber of Shaolin, Hard Boiled, New World or Infernal Affairs.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:43 am

VS.

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

BlueberryRagamuffin
Goon

Post by BlueberryRagamuffin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:55 am

I enjoyed YMS until I saw a Reddit AMA where someone asked him who he would want to be raped by most and he answered that he would choose a big cat such as a lion or panther. After that I couldn't enjoy his videos as much since I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that he wants to be fucked in the ass by Mufasa.
RedLine wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:32 pm
Getting Eiffel Tower'd by Spoony & Miles and taking double Antwiler seed is the only way to earn DHI Deluxe Mega-Platinum status.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:59 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:08 am
Lel the matrix is on his favorite movies? He should talk to Nostalgia Doge about that. The Doges clearly hated it.
It says a lot about The Matrix trilogy when both Wachowski siblings are trannies now. The first movie was such a fluke.
BlueberryRagamuffin wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:55 am
I enjoyed YMS until I saw a Reddit AMA where someone asked him who he would want to be raped by most and he answered that he would choose a big cat such as a lion or panther. After that I couldn't enjoy his videos as much since I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that he wants to be fucked in the ass by Mufasa.
I figured he would be more of a Scarfag, since he praised Jeremy Irons in Die Hard 3. He never really bothered to hid his furfaggotry at any rate.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:15 pm

Nobody wants to admit that this was an irredeemable, endlessly obnoxious piece of shit. Maybe one day somebody will tear it to shreds in the way that it needs to be torn to shreds, but these nobodies have shit tier taste. Its one of Spielberg's all-time worst movies.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue May 01, 2018 12:54 am

Funny I had already forgotten about Ready Player One. :lol:
Is Spoony dead yet?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue May 01, 2018 1:41 am

Whenever people say Ready Player One, I think of Edge of Tomorrow for some reason. But that's not fair. Edge of Tomorrow is probably much better.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Tue May 01, 2018 1:43 am

I read the nipponese toilet paper scribbles version of LIVE DIE REPEAT. Was okay.
Guest wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:59 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:08 am
It says a lot about The Matrix trilogy when both Wachowski siblings are trannies now. The first movie was such a fluke.
I've seen niggers claim that their Speed Racer movie was >fun but I haven't seen it.

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Tue May 01, 2018 3:38 am

I think the fact that the only people who talk about Ready Player One, anymore, are people either reviewing it (READ: Internet Nobodies) or people who are making fun of it (SEE: Payday 2 April Fools heist) should tell people that it's okay to tell the truth about the movie. It's obviously not good enough for anyone to care about it.

People talked about that Cloverfield movie with John Goodman more than they're talking about Ready Player One.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue May 01, 2018 4:58 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:15 pm
He is just nitpicking little things again like he always does which is why I tapped out after 2 minutes. I'm not defending that shit movie, but he overthinks he internal logic of a movie without giving a shit about the other details, which is why he will never get on Plinkett's level and why his Looper review was shit. His autism holds him back.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.