Jogwheel

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Jogwheel

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:20 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:51 pm
You can tell they're just doing it for the scalpers.
FTFY

But it's really for normalfags. The kinda people that only played vidya during their childhood, see that shit and get a nostalgia boner. Most of the little things are doomed to be dust catchers a week after being bought.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:19 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:

Hell, Nintendo could swallow its pride and release the Virtual Console on Steam.
They won't. They have a huge egoboner for themselves and >muh legacy. It'll take them going bankrupt to make Nintendo games more available to the common person.

For $15-20, you can get a shitload of Sega Genesis games for your console of choice by purchasing the genesis collection. Take that $20 and see how many old Nintendo games you can get for their 16-bit console. :lol: Even if we make it $40, my point still stands. Nintendo are probably the stingiest company around right now when it comes to old games. I recommend pirating all their old shit because those greedy fucks don't deserve a dime.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:36 am

Rom sites have been suddenly losing their Nintendo roms, cool roms lost them and I heard another one like I think rom paradise.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:40 am

mad bum wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:36 am
Rom sites have been suddenly losing their Nintendo roms, cool roms lost them and I heard another one like I think rom paradise.
Emuparadise. I mentioned that already. Nintendo didn't like people jailbreaking the NES Classic and putting all NES ROMs ever on it. So this time they ordered the relevant ROM sites to take down all Nintendo stuff. It will come back, as it did in the past. But at least momentarily they want exclusivety.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:49 am

Doesn't matter. The roms will always come back. You can't stop the signal. Fuck Nintendo. If they'd just be reasonable about pricing their shit and making it available, I'd have a totally different opinion on them. But fuck Nintendo for their greed. They're not the only big gaming company and they're not the only company that has a bunch of good old games in their backlog. A lot of the best Nintendo games were made by dev teams that either no longer exist or are working for different companies now. That's like a white nationalist being proud of some smart shit a white guy did 100 years before they were born.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:39 am

They will be back. Them pulling them from Emuparadise isn't even the first time. They are basically pulling a Denuvo here.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:30 am

Oh they will always be back, and you can always find them, its just funny to see nintendo being such salty fucks.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:22 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:19 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:

Hell, Nintendo could swallow its pride and release the Virtual Console on Steam.
They won't. They have a huge egoboner for themselves and >muh legacy. It'll take them going bankrupt to make Nintendo games more available to the common person.

For $15-20, you can get a shitload of Sega Genesis games for your console of choice by purchasing the genesis collection. Take that $20 and see how many old Nintendo games you can get for their 16-bit console. :lol: Even if we make it $40, my point still stands. Nintendo are probably the stingiest company around right now when it comes to old games. I recommend pirating all their old shit because those greedy fucks don't deserve a dime.
That would be the funniest shit if they had to go down the Sega route. I mean, how many shitty consoles can a company possibly survive?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:39 am

It's already been speculated that nintendo purposely puts out short supply so you have that mentality of "I have to buy this". Shit if anything those amibo's prove this. So generally the flow is the scalpers buy everything, nintendo makes money, consumer gets fucked but cucks the extra $200 for their shitty emulator.

Nintendo still ends up winning while they let the plebs fight it out.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:23 am

mad bum wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:39 am
It's already been speculated that nintendo purposely puts out short supply so you have that mentality of "I have to buy this". Shit if anything those amibo's prove this. So generally the flow is the scalpers buy everything, nintendo makes money, consumer gets fucked but cucks the extra $200 for their shitty emulator.

Nintendo still ends up winning while they let the plebs fight it out.
In the long run this is a dumb idea since no one will buy games for their system if they are all fucking expensive. I would have bought Pokken Tournament and Smash 4 already for the WiiU if they were at a decent price, but that shit still costs a stupid amount of money despite the WiiU being a dead console.

Let's compare to the PS4 I recently bought (literally a month ago). I own 7 games for it, and on average the games were $30 each in aussie retail prices. I own 9 WiiU games and I have owned that system for years, and 2 of those games (Mario Kart 8, and Wonderful 101 as a download) came with the system. Only two of the games I got cost me under 50 bucks (one was that line drawing Kirby game that was already a budget title), I'd say the average price I paid for each game was about double that of the PS4. If I didn't have a decent PC to play most 3rd party games I could have got way more for a decent price.

With Nintendo I can't do that, and with shit like Steam sales (which have gotten worse lately) and other cheap alternatives to play games these days, why the fuck do I have to buy games like it's 2007? When I look back at how much I used to spend on games and entertainment in general I am bloody shocked. Entertainment is cheap as fuck if you look hard enough, and the only company that doesn't realise this is Nintendo.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.