Jogwheel

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: Jogwheel

Post by Guru Larry » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:35 am

mad bum wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:16 am
Was actually going to say that you were basically this guy making shitty unboxing videos and other shit no one wanted to watch, then you sold out with top 5 videos and reached internet stardom.
That's why I stopped doing Unboxing videos, because they WERE shit. I felt outright ashamed I was doing crappy let's plays and rushing through games so I could be the first to upload the ending for views/money in 2012. It's depressing and soulless as all fuck.

But my Fact Hunt videos aren't really top 5's, I just repackaged my Games Yanks Can't Wank series, so I could cover games that were released in the US, but wouldn't be bombarded with "Actually..." comments. But I still don't do stupid listicles like "games where you're really the villain" people just love hearing about drama that happened 10+ years ago.

Also working on a new series ATM with Ben Paddon, going after the Game Theory/DYKG? market, Something I'm surprised no one has done before strangely :D

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:43 am

Guru Larry wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:35 am
Also working on a new series ATM with Ben Paddon, going after the Game Theory/DYKG? market, Something I'm surprised no one has done before strangely :D
Ben did the Game Journos Are Incompetent Fuckwits blog. Nice, he was a bit of an SJW even back then but some of the stuff he wrote that wasn't just pointing out how obviously shit Kotaku is was good, and he was the one who informed me about Drivergate. Shame he bawleeted the whole thing during Gamergate, he had people from one website reveal how shady their practices where that was eye opening that he should have at least kept up somewhere.

He did some retro series as well about ports of games to multiple systems that was pretty good, it was in the vain of your videos so you two will gel pretty well.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:44 pm

If you're a microwaving channel you gotta stay one. Nobody wants to go to the hydraulic press channel and hear the guy's opinion on the latest Star Wars movie. They want to see Star Wars mechandize getting crushed.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:25 pm

Just giving you shit Larry, there's a did you know anime channel too, and they should rename did you know gaming to did you know Wikipedia? Because that's all I feel like that stupid show is.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:38 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:25 pm
Just giving you shit Larry, there's a did you know anime channel too, and they should rename did you know gaming to did you know Wikipedia? Because that's all I feel like that stupid show is.
No worries, DYKG is utter trash now, they've done every game people give a shit about now, and Shane is too much of an egositsical little turd to change the formula. Mat Pat is turning that way too, Fact Hunt was originally meant to go on the Game Theorists channel, but he went a bit weird recently.
Poonoo wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:43 am
He did some retro series as well about ports of games to multiple systems that was pretty good, it was in the vain of your videos so you two will gel pretty well.
Thanks! Yeah, he's one of the few YT channels that I actually find genuinely funny (none of that stupid shouting = funny, or mugging the camera shit), so had to ask him if he'd be up for collaborating.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:31 pm

You should really colab with cygnus destroyer, Matt puts in so much work and goes unnoticed.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Larry should do a video with MetalJesusRocks and Pat the NES Punk. "Top Underrated Games That Will Soon Become Underrated! Buy Them Now!"
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:31 pm

As much as Pat can't stand Larry he'd totally do it. Just go to him and say you want to organize a big swindle. Want to really rip people off. He'd be in England the next day.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:06 pm

Make sure to hype up that new SNES rom bundle Nintendo is selling as a console.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:51 pm

You can tell they're just doing it for the collector's. There's no reason to just go with the Virtual Console and a retro gamepad.

Hell, Nintendo could swallow its pride and release the Virtual Console on Steam.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette