The Skeptic Community

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: The Skeptic Community

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:42 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:34 pm
Really proving those Christian fundies wrong that a life without Jesus leads to degeneracy, a lack of morals and unforgivable actions. Stellar job, YT atheists!
Honestly, I don't believe in god. I believe Christianity and most/all other religions are a load of utter bollocks. But, I'm starting to see the need for it. It would seem that a lot of atheists, rather than believing that they don't need an imaginary god to be moral, instead seem to believe that their lack of faith and belief in ultimate consequences for their actions means they can behave however they want and treat others as disgracefully as they want, so long as there are no legal repercussions.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:42 pm

Cuckara wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:39 pm
True, but most people are unaware that he's a pedo.
Yeah but I really don't think that it would shock them

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:03 pm

Shit talk Brett Keane all you want, but when the chips were down the Golden Stallion stepped up and saved us all from the Cucknadian apocalypse.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:08 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:35 pm
I wouldn't disagree except...what career? The guy's already a joke
He also sodomized himself with a banana and managed to get kicked out of CA before that became cool. There's really not much left that could be further tarnished.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:10 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:42 pm
Honestly, I don't believe in god. I believe Christianity and most/all other religions are a load of utter bollocks. But, I'm starting to see the need for it.
Atheism doesn't work, period. Humans have a bug in their brain called mortality salience, and religion is the patch.

I'm going to give the Evangelical Christians credit, some of the stuff they prophesied to me in the 80s and 90s came true. Christian friends told me that in the future Christianity would become marginalized and mocked, and Christians would be persecuted by the public and an evil world government. This seemed absolutely insane and impossible at the time.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:15 pm

Ideology is the patch. It can be religion, it can be a political belief that might as well be religion.
What's currently and has always been the downfall of civilizations, getting conquered aside, is hedonism.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:20 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:08 pm
Guest wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:35 pm
I wouldn't disagree except...what career? The guy's already a joke
He also sodomized himself with a banana and managed to get kicked out of CA before that became cool.
It was supposedly Lindsey that got him kicked.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:15 pm
Ideology is the patch. It can be religion, it can be a political belief that might as well be religion.
Yes, that's what's so dangerous about it. Remove religion, like the commies did, and you get them worshipping the nation's leader like a god.

I was talking to some Iranian dissidents online, fantasizing together about banning Islam from Iran someday. I suggested to him that they adopt Zoroastrianism as the state religion and he balked, saying all religion should be banned. He didn't get why that would be bad.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:56 pm

>muh fear of death

Epicurus already has shown the way. People just prefer to ignore him because they get sadbrained when they think about the Great Nothing.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:35 am

If we need lies to survive then humanity needs to be outright obliterated. That's gay as fuck and we're clearly not worth preserving in the first place.