DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:54 am

Well, Articles like that aren't just one thing. Wouldn't surprise me if into that article there is also rolled up some motion that makes online transactions in general illegal and bans making Crêpes with Nutella.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:50 am

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:50 am

RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:27 pm

I think he's just using a current buzzword to fuel another emergency begging marathon ("Give more bits while you still can!").

There might be some shit like that hidden in Article 13, but I don't think. The thing's mainly there to fuck over content producers, not the obediend consumer drones who throw around views, ad bucks and bits.

YT and other sites abandoning completely the EU sounds stupid since you don't have to get rid of all of these viewers just to piss of content producers. They'll likely just make some quick update to prohibit Europeans from uploading shit.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:37 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:50 am
You also have no job, DSP.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:16 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:50 am
Such a nice guy. I can't understand why people troll him.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:48 am

His new dark souls MAGIC RUN is off to an amazing start.

So, what's the first thing that comes to your mind when you think a MAGIC RUN. Maybe some MAGIC?

Nope. Stream chat apparently told him to start as a pyro instead for some raisin and he did it. So he's running around throwing fireballs in a MAGIC BUILD. You could argue a pyro is a magic build and that would have some validity if we were playing dark souls 2 or 3. But pyromancy in dark souls 1 isn't affected by any magic stats except attunement. It's not magic. That's why it's an auto-include on almost every physical build-because it's easy and free to throw on there for some flexibility. Pyromancy, being NOT MAGIC, is not as flexible as sorceries. It's very powerful but very limited and also tends to have fewer uses.

So that's the first part. I don't even understand how this happened. You can look at the starting classes and just pick the one that says it can use magic. Even if you can't fucking read, you can look at the different classes and pick the one that looks like a fucking wizard and has blue spells. IS IT REALLY SO HARD TO DO?

But on top of that, he's also getting bodied. How, I don't know. He's doing terribly. I should clarify: A lot of people pick pyro as a starting class when powergaming because pyromancy is very strong in early game. The pyro class starts with good armor, a good weapon and pyromancies that will destroy early bosses. Pyro IS a very good class. It's just not a magic class. So I don't understand how you start as one of the strongest starting classes and fuck up this badly. It's baffling.

This game is so fucking old. How do you not, simply by osmosis, pick up on the most basic shit? How do you not know what a sorcerer looks like? How do you lose when you have free fire damage for the early game? The early game fire damage a pyro gets is comparable to a recharging pine resin, and pine resins tear up those early game bosses. I usually use my 3 charges of shock pine resin in the early game to blow through the first three bosses. Pyros basically get carried in early game until fire-resisting enemies show up.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:20 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:48 am
His new dark souls MAGIC RUN is off to an amazing start.

So, what's the first thing that comes to your mind when you think a MAGIC RUN. Maybe some MAGIC?

Nope. Stream chat apparently told him to start as a pyro instead for some raisin and he did it. So he's running around throwing fireballs in a MAGIC BUILD. You could argue a pyro is a magic build and that would have some validity if we were playing dark souls 2 or 3. But pyromancy in dark souls 1 isn't affected by any magic stats except attunement. It's not magic. That's why it's an auto-include on almost every physical build-because it's easy and free to throw on there for some flexibility. Pyromancy, being NOT MAGIC, is not as flexible as sorceries. It's very powerful but very limited and also tends to have fewer uses.

So that's the first part. I don't even understand how this happened. You can look at the starting classes and just pick the one that says it can use magic. Even if you can't fucking read, you can look at the different classes and pick the one that looks like a fucking wizard and has blue spells. IS IT REALLY SO HARD TO DO?

But on top of that, he's also getting bodied. How, I don't know. He's doing terribly. I should clarify: A lot of people pick pyro as a starting class when powergaming because pyromancy is very strong in early game. The pyro class starts with good armor, a good weapon and pyromancies that will destroy early bosses. Pyro IS a very good class. It's just not a magic class. So I don't understand how you start as one of the strongest starting classes and fuck up this badly. It's baffling.

This game is so fucking old. How do you not, simply by osmosis, pick up on the most basic shit? How do you not know what a sorcerer looks like? How do you lose when you have free fire damage for the early game? The early game fire damage a pyro gets is comparable to a recharging pine resin, and pine resins tear up those early game bosses. I usually use my 3 charges of shock pine resin in the early game to blow through the first three bosses. Pyros basically get carried in early game until fire-resisting enemies show up.
The thing is, your starting class has jack all with whatever you're going to do later on. You can easily get to Firelink Shrine as a pyro, take the elevator to New Londo Ruins and build Soul Arrow + the basic catalyst from the merchant there. There, you're a wizard now, Harry.

I suppose pyromancer is the best option if you're going to min/max the shit out of your character, because he starts at level 1 with decent stats (so you have more freedom to put only the exact amounf of points in Str and Dex for you to use your weapon of choice, like the Moonligght Greatsword or a Magic Scythe). It also does make the fight against the tutorial boss easier because he is weat to fire, but you can as well just get the Back Firebombs as your starting Gift and kill it before even getting your weapons for his hammer and bragging "rights" (it's a cheesy way of doing it, so I don't think it should give you bragging rights).

A pure magic build is kinda difficult to play on earlier if you don't exploit the shit out of Oolacile (Dusk Crown + Tin Banishment Catalyst). You can only reliably start forging Magic weapons (that scale with Int) after Blighttown, and unlike in DS 2 and 3, there are no earlier elemental weapons (that have zero scaling) for you to keep competitive damage while pumping Int. Also, increasing Attunement is such a waste of points, it only makes things worse.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:32 pm

Thing is, dsp is apparently still playing as a fucking pyro and using melee combat to kill everything. I doubt he'll even switch to a magic character at this point.

I prefer to start as the thing I want to become unless there's a serious reason not to. All the sorc class starts in Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3 are perfectly fine. If you want a sorc start with better stats, go for Wanderer.

And I'm just saying, he's the idiot who promised a magic build. His chat probably told him to start pyro for minmaxing bullshit, but DSP isn't smart enough to understand the benefits to that.
Not sure what the hell this even means. Except that he was probably drinking all night.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Credo in Deum

Post by Credo in Deum » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:19 pm

If he wanted to go full magic he should have picked Sorcerer as the starting class. Pyromancy you run out of uses quickly.
With 15 Attunement and 15 Intelligence, the Sorcerer has exactly one option and that is to cast sorcery. This is the starting class best suited to using sorceries as early as possible, and best suited to builds that use only sorcery and nothing else.