Am I almost free?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:02 am

>as expected, nothing can be done
<fill was pushing phone buttons
<nothing they could do, dood

Even when he's making shit up he has his flowchart of excuses.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:13 am

DSP is currently tearing his hair out over the ghosts n goblins remake. He spent about 7 hours and just barely managed to clear the FIRST level. I'm not kidding. At the six hour and thirty minutes mark, he was still replaying the same section he kept dying to over and over.

He is not going to beat this game without lowering the difficulty. He just doesn't understand gng. GnG isn't a knowledge game like dark souls is. Dark souls has very low execution, which is why dsp's chat can feed him tips, tricks and broken builds and he can flub his way through. GnG isn't like that. Knowing what to do doesn't mean you can do it. Having head knowledge is pointless unless you've internalized all of it and also have good reflexes/decision-making.

In addition to a number of his stock excuses about lag and controller malfunctions, he also slanders anyone who likes GnG, repeatedly says all the weapons are bad (not true,) and insults the devs. If every playthrough was this salty, I might actually watch him again.

He was so happy when he thought he could just unlock the magic and cheese with it. Turns out that magic is balanced and he sucks too much shit to stay alive long enough to charge it in a pinch. :lol:

He can barely beat the flying burrito squad, so I don't think he's making it past the crystal palace, myself.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:04 am

King of retro dood. I hear that game is shit anyway.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:14 pm

I disagree that it's not a knowledge game. Once you know where the enemies come from it gets much easier.
I am not surprised about his execution being too bad, though.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:30 pm

Old, fat man with gout doesn't have the reflex necessary to play a platform game. Seems about right.

Unfortunately, this will be the excuse for both wheelchairs and detractors to shove money up his ass, as always.

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:21 pm

Traditionally he's not absolutely terrible at this sort of retro side scrolling platformer type game. However, it's likely he's gotten dumber, fatter, slower, and blinder over the last couple of years, so that's probably why he sucks.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:41 pm

mad bum wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:04 am
King of retro dood. I hear that game is shit anyway.
Is the difficulty built on purposefully shitty controls and the inability to correct your jump in midair like Ultimate GnG?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:23 pm

Yes, it is.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:18 pm

In Souls games, he's always relied on crutches that allowed him to avoid engaging with the actual gameplay.
He abused the RPG mechanics to grind himself into some ridiculous tank build that would allow him to play the game like the world's shittiest Dynasty Warriors.
And if that wasn't enough, he abused the co-op system so his loyal minions would beat the bosses for him.

Now with GnG, there are no crutches. It's either git gud or git home.

On a tangentially related note: Did he ever try Blasphemous? If he gave up on that game, there's no way in hell he'll make it through GnG.
Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:30 pm
Old, fat man with gout doesn't have the reflex necessary to play a platform game. Seems about right.
Hey now. I'd bet good money that an 80-year-old granny who never touched vidja in her entire life could make better progress in this game. That is how strong I think DSP's Dunning-Kruger is.
Angelfire Memes wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:21 pm
Traditionally he's not absolutely terrible at this sort of retro side scrolling platformer type game.
Most retro side scrolling platformers have characters with more than 2 hit points. Dude can't into this shit.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette