DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:16 am

It's easy when you have no imagination like Phil. He can't have fun on his own with anything. Sandbox games are his kryptonite. He needs simple, linear games with narrative. It's still a miracle he somehow managed to get through several GTA games (not really a sandbox, but it's not a corridor A to B scenario).

As for Sea of Thieves, I am afraid that there isn't enough content (and variety) to justify the full price for anyone that's interested. Someone made a comparison to No Man's Lie, which I don't think it's entirely fair, but there might be similarities in it being a title that should be offered for half the price.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:19 am

I only saw small portions of the game and thought it looked fun for what it was, but good to know that its certainly not worth full price.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:25 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:16 am
He can't have fun on his own with anything.
What about his hand?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:59 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:25 am
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:16 am
He can't have fun on his own with anything.
What about his hand?
People always make that joke, but you can see in the video yourself that he doesn't seem to be enjoying himself very much while he's fapping.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:40 am

mad bum wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:19 am
I only saw small portions of the game and thought it looked fun for what it was, but good to know that its certainly not worth full price.
I've just read this little bit, seems like it summarizes the game well:
Sea of Thieves doesn't have a skill curve. The combat is ass. The ships are easy to manage. Therefore it doesn't have a progression system at all. After 1,000 hours, you're still playing exactly the same as you were at hour 1. Meanwhile, after 1,000 hours on Rocket League, you're doing freestyle aerials off the ceiling. After 1,000 hours on Fortnite, you're building huge 1x1 towers in half a second and 360-no-scoping scrubs from the top of it. THAT is progression.
Also the devs crawled out and spewed some PR bullshit about "games as service" and how they'll keep adding new content. I have no idea what they were doing the previous 3 years of development time.

(I'm adding it here, I don't care about the game itself so it doesn't seem worthy making a topic on it's own in Gaming.)

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:10 am

He was all set to suck these guys' dicks hardcore until their little scam went under. No shit the chair is only barely better than a $30 office chair. It's probably the equivalent in quality to a $40-50 office chair.
I wonder if your gout ass could have anything to do with that. When you use furniture more, it wears out faster.
He's desperate for someone to GIFT him a fucking ps4 pro and 4k tv. What an asshole brat.
Bans a subscriber and justifies it because the guy was gifted the sub. He's done this many times. Keep in mind this is the same moron who goes nuts if his sub count suddenly drops, and has fans who gift subs to anyone they can think of. Including Nightbot. Gifting subs could have been a way to get new recurring subs. But no. Those subs are gonna fucking dive if what I'm seeing indications of is true. A lot of his fans are saying they're cancelling their subs until he stops crying about billth (his prestreams are pissing them off) and a lot of gifted subs are set to run out.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:18 am

I'm just reading that :lol: Looks like Phil was going psycho yesterday, unless that's normal day for him.

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:30 am

Sea of Thieves is basically a LARP without the LA part. I can see how it'd be fun if you're with friends and really throw yourself into the roleplaying, however for me that would get old pretty quickly. All the progression seems to be entirely cosmetic. It looks fun but not something I'd get full price for sure.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:53 pm

I don't know where did they pulled the roleplay from. The game is no RPG at all. You can do this in any open world game, what do you think a lot of people used to do in games like DayZ? They gave you plenty more opportunities to roleplay than Sea of Piss.

It seems like the most desperate type of narrative fanboys can come up with - hurr durr, the game has no depth, so let's just pretend the lack of content is fine as long as you make the fun yourself. I'm sure you can do that. I'm sure it could be fun. But even then, to roleplay, you need stuff to worth with, and the less stuff the world has, the more limited you get.

Like I've said, I never was interested in the game to begin with, because they never showed too much (just like with No Man's Sky), but now I'm getting curious about public opinios on the game and how much bullshit some people are willing to say to justify their purchase.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:05 pm

It should be clear to DSP now that, if a streamer like quill18 can get 57k+ views on Youtube by playing Hearts of Iron IV (plus a whole bunch of bitcheers and soobs during the stream), a goddamn Grand Strategy game released in 2016, then the problem is not that there aren't any new releases to play, but that his content is hot garbage and no one but detractors and his small fanbase composed complete retards wants to watch it.

EDIT: Jesus Christ, I found another Youtube channel that has at least one Hearts of Iron IV with 207k+ views. Phil gets 1/1000th of those views with "brand new hot AAA day one releases!". Either HoI is the most popular GS game EVAR, or if you have enough charisma your fans will watch you play anything.