DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:20 pm

Forms are stupid as fuck, bro. But they were fun and I was a lot younger. It's mainly a system to get you thinking about how you move. Then you progress to sparring and other shit. Forms give you a package deal of moves to learn without ever telling you to learn a move. That whole "wax the car" and "paint the fence" bit from Karate Kid? That's what forms are. You take someone who knows zero and you give them a framework. To throw a decent punch takes probably thousands of punches to get right. Even more if the person learning has bad habits. That's a basic punch. So first you give the beginner a form and, through the form, they learn how to balance, how to stand, where to position their hands and feet etc. Later on, when they've learned those basics, you add force, impact, timing and distance.

This is another reason self defense shit doesn't work against knives. You don't need to teach a knife. Sure, you can, but you don't need to. 5 seconds of instruction and the knife guy is instantly a threat. Takes years to get to that point with martial arts IF you get there at all.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:45 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:20 pm
This is another reason self defense shit doesn't work against knives. You don't need to teach a knife. Sure, you can, but you don't need to. 5 seconds of instruction and the knife guy is instantly a threat. Takes years to get to that point with martial arts IF you get there at all.
Deadlier than a gun, underhanded stabs are nearly impossible to avoid and fuck your shit as bad as a .357mag, cuts can cripple you for life. Even if you manage to defend yourself you got cut or stabbed at least once in the process.
Situational awareness and avoiding conflict are the most important skills for self-defence and survival.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Singh'sSpot

Post by Singh'sSpot » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:19 am

What does he not have an alarm system in his home? Or is he too cheap to buy one?

Also I wonder if the looters sacked Kat's workplace yet.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:21 am

Singh'sSpot wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:19 am
What does he not have an alarm system in his home?
As far as I know he's never said anything about that but I'd be surprised if he didn't. He's paranoid.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Salmonella

Post by Salmonella » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:48 am

He doesn't even need an alarm system. He lives in a gated community with a bunch of upper middle class crackers.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:43 pm

Salmonella wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:48 am
He doesn't even need an alarm system. He lives in a gated community with a bunch of upper middle class crackers.
Those houses usually come with pre-installed security systems, though. The kind of people that life in gated communities tend to like those.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:32 pm

I mean, if you're already paranoid enough to move into a gated community, why not go all the way?
Singh'sSpot wrote:
He would've probably mentioned that :roll:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:32 pm
I mean, if you're already paranoid enough to move into a gated community, why not go all the way?
If he'd had the money for private security 24/7, he's the kind of manlet to pay for that shit too.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:25 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:32 pm
If he'd had the money for private security 24/7, he's the kind of manlet to pay for that shit too.
And complain daily about "having to have" that security because of detrahctors, dood.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:32 am

Singh'sSpot wrote:
What does he not have an alarm system in his home? Or is he too cheap to buy one?

The tiny axes by all his doors are all the home security he needs dood. If someone with the same skin color as Tervin tries to break into his serious adult house he is ready.