DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:57 pm

Angelfire Memes wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:22 pm
If they take a look and see he's got 2 homes and assets that surely must be over $600k, can they not just seize some of that shit if they want? Genuine question as I don't have a clue about this stuff.
They can put a lien on his bank accounts. I've seen it done to poorer folks than Phil.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:03 am

They probably already have liens on his shit. Liens are just a notice from the government that says they have the right to get their money if he sells his shit. Apparently you get those if you don't pay your taxes within ten days of them serving you notice that you owe them taxes.

A levy, on the other hand, is the IRS serving you notice that they intend to seize your shit.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:13 am

Angelfire Memes wrote:
If they take a look and see he's got 2 homes and assets that surely must be over $600k, can they not just seize some of that shit if they want? Genuine question as I don't have a clue about this stuff.
The state sure as fuck can and will. You can postpone taxes here as well, especially if you're a business or self-employed. Stuff like "we've got a big investment planned that will significantly lower our due tax debt" for example.
But that's really just because you're taxed pre-emptively in general if you're not just plain employed. You pay taxes the state assumes you'll owe them in advance as calculated from your current and past earnings so an upcoming investment that would change that significantly is a plausible reason to postpone that.

Taxes you're absolutely due and have been due for a while? Not a chance. Like last year's taxes for example. Last year is over. They now know, for certain, how much you made and how much you owe. That's final and you're going to pay that shit eventually and if it's the last thing they do. If you can't, the only reason can only be that you've spent the money, which is no valid excuse.
"I'll lose my house." is just about the dumbest argument you could bring up. "I didn't know I was going to earn less this year so I spent the money I owe you for last year." is the second dumbest.

It goes a bit like this:
You live for rent. Rent is always 15% of what you earned that month.
You don't pay rent for the first few months because they are looking at what you earn on average first.
You earn $1000 after all costs on average.
They start taking $50 from you well before the month. They take another $50 in the middle of the month. They wait for you to hand in your bookkeeping for that month to see what you still owe them. Another $50, give or take, would be the expected average. You made exceptionally much money that month, ending up owing them another $70 instead. You tell them you don't have that money. Not just not 70 but instead nothing. You've instead spent that money you should've known you'll owe them. Via credit card. With CC fees and interest you're now out $80. You do this shit for several months.
Now who's at fault for your debt? Where there any billth you couldn't have expected?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:23 am

Angelfire Memes wrote:
If nothing else, his car is going buh-bye. They'll send a repo man out to get that shit right away if he tells them he has no money.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:49 am

He doesn't own that car. He's leasing it. Just like the Beamer he wasn't able to afford anymore.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:03 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:13 am
Angelfire Memes wrote:
The state sure as fuck can and will. You can postpone taxes here as well, especially if you're a business or self-employed. Stuff like "we've got a big investment planned that will significantly lower our due tax debt" for example.
But that's really just because you're taxed pre-emptively in general if you're not just plain employed. You pay taxes the state assumes you'll owe them in advance as calculated from your current and past earnings so an upcoming investment that would change that significantly is a plausible reason to postpone that.

Taxes you're absolutely due and have been due for a while? Not a chance. Like last year's taxes for example. Last year is over. They now know, for certain, how much you made and how much you owe. That's final and you're going to pay that shit eventually and if it's the last thing they do. If you can't, the only reason can only be that you've spent the money, which is no valid excuse.
"I'll lose my house." is just about the dumbest argument you could bring up. "I didn't know I was going to earn less this year so I spent the money I owe you for last year." is the second dumbest.
Just a reminder btw that DSP has had at least two quarterly tax payments where he said he couldn't pay and they postponed it. Now he just lost his youtube revenue entirely and BEST CASE for him is he gets a working adsense up so he can get the shittiest ads that pay the worst. He was getting way better ads and money under Curse compared to on his own.

So we're seeing a perfect storm here and this is why I think kiwis are wrong when they say everything will be fixed in 3 days. Even if the adsense is restored to him (and they'd have to basically just unban him for no raisin and allow him back into the program,) he'll be making greatly reduced revenue on youtube. His twitch is doing well, but that's again down to paypiggery and paypigs aren't reliable. Most of them are attention-whoring faggots who only give money to get attention.

Now DSP has rolled over his taxes a couple times. so he's heading into his 3rd or whatever quarterly taxes and he's gonna what? Roll those over too? He knows he has to pay it all eventually, right? He's still making a lot of money. Whatever money he's spending now is clearly going into bullshit, because as far as I'm concerned, the taxes are far and away the big issue to resolve. Fuck everything else.

I also don't see any sign he's reducing his living expenses, such as getting a cheaper internet package, removing WWE, removing Amazon Prime, removing Netflix, removing PS View etc. He's continuing to spend money on a bunch of bullshit while accumulating IRS debt and saying he can't sell any of his stuff.

I don't see any willingness from him to do any of the things that could get him out of this. I think 1st quarter 2019 will be the end of a lot of things for him.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:09 am

The German tax office would've already fucked him harder than Iron Bull does rApril in one of her fanfics ages ago. For all the burger IRS whining, your tax office is weak as shit.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:28 pm

If he's got two homes one would think the easiest solution would be to sell one of them
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:29 pm

I get the impression he was more talking about private denbts. Surely even Phil knows not to fuck with state taxes. I know the state has the power to fuck your shit, but what sorts of powers do these private credit card companies have?

I do think all this is bluster because when Dave says he can barely keep his head above water, what he really means is he can't afford this ultra-privileged upper middle class life anymore. If he just shopped around for a better internet deal, sold some of his shit that he "can't sell" (seriously, in this soy-dominated planet of Funko Pops, selling limited edition nerd shit is the easiest thing in the world) and cut back on some of his streaming services he'd be living comfortably. Maybe start shopping at a budget supermarket too, or just eat out less. But of course he won't do that, because he's busted his ass for 10 years and he's entitled to it dood!

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:37 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:28 pm
If he's got two homes one would think the easiest solution would be to sell one of them
His Connecticut home is fucked. It's been empty for years and recently there was a huge fire in the building. Even though his apartment wasn't really damaged the apartment above his has a giant hole in the roof, so it probably has all kinds of water leaking through, mould and other shit. That shit is worthless now, all because he hung onto it thinking it'd just randomly shoot up in value one day. Even if he sold it he'd still owe money on it. :lol:

From what he's saying he seems to be hoping to hold onto his current Washington mansion long enough that he can apply for an equity loan, and get all his current debts on a lower interest rate. He's banking on his current home jumping in value and using it to ease his debts basically, which is why he's dead against selling it. He's been walking a tightrope for a while just so he doesn't have to downsize at all.