The Other people on Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: The Other people on Channel Awesome

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:26 am

I haven't really kept up with LEGO. The last time I bought LEGO were some sets you could combine to make Jabba's Palace. I took a long time putting it all together and the cat knocked it down and trashed it.

I miss the per-licensing days when they were just castles, pirates, and space men with no backstory. It really spurred the imagination. There was indeed a pre-Ninjago ninja line. It was a lot better looking and not gay like Ninjago. I don't have any of those castles sadly, but I was able to get many of the figures when I was in Japan where they were sold separately.

I've heard the licensed stuff is successful, despite what I may think of it. More specifically, I've heard it's the only Star Wars merchandise that actually sells these days.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:37 am

Yeah, the old SW sets are and the clone wars shit is because, fancy that thought, you need lots of clone troopers to enact a clone war. But all the new Disney SW shit is bombing hard. Best selling SW-themed item last year was Yoda's hut. As in Luke training at Yoda in the old SW movies hut.
Anything Disney SW is not selling at all with the exception of the Millennium Falcon because that one's basically a copy of the old LEGO Millennium Falcon, which is extremely expensive by now.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:10 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:50 pm
CIANigger wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:08 pm
Ninjago and the modern castle sets look like utter shit with all the back story and bullshit heaped along side it.
What modern castle sets? Certainly no medieval knight kinda castles because Lego doesn't make those anymore. Nor pirats for that matter.
And fuck you if you thought you'd just combine stuff because all shit newer than ten years comes with as many goofy colours as possible to make sure you can't ever build anything that looks okay. Not to mention that the regular bricks basically don't exist anymore outside of the Minecraft sets.
Lego has been pretty shit for quite a while.
They tried to revive the castle set a few years ago. It had a shitty not LEGO dragon that looked so out of place among other pieces that clashed with the sets or locked you into that set and nothing else.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:17 am

Mission accomplished. No mixing sets for you, fucker!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:20 pm

CIANigger wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:10 am
They tried to revive the castle set a few years ago. It had a shitty not LEGO dragon that looked so out of place among other pieces that clashed with the sets or locked you into that set and nothing else.
Oh boy. Is there even any way left to get the iconic Lego dragon? The one that looks like a heraldry picture that came alive to roast peasants and fuck maidens?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:29 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:20 pm
CIANigger wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:10 am
Oh boy. Is there even any way left to get the iconic Lego dragon? The one that looks like a heraldry picture that came alive to roast peasants and fuck maidens?
I had two, the black one and the green one. I used to put my knights on their backs with giant saddles made from the jet seats lol.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:52 pm

Same. Minus the saddles.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:47 am

DHI Confession

I don’t mind collecting things like nendos and figuarts but I am deeply embarrassed that I’ve collected a couple of lego sets in recent years, stuff like ships from classic star wars and a couple jurassic park sets. Am I an embarrassing manchild or just neurotic and overthinking it?

also I had that castle set as a kid, but stupid friends ruined it and stole parts. It was so cool and eve had an alternate tower configuration.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:02 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:47 am
DHI Confession

I don’t mind collecting things like nendos and figuarts but I am deeply embarrassed that I’ve collected a couple of lego sets in recent years, stuff like ships from classic star wars and a couple jurassic park sets. Am I an embarrassing manchild or just neurotic and overthinking it?.
You're overthinking it. You're just a common household faggot.

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:04 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:47 am
nendos and figuarts and a couple of lego sets
Assuming you are over 17 and male and childless and not an Asian you should be extremely embarrassed about owning any of that.