General Speedrunning Thread

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: General Speedrunning Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:02 pm

A big thing missing from TS afaik is persistence shit with your XP and perks. But fuck that noise.
wildmage wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:23 pm
Some odd 20 years ago we had flyers about fair trade and how 85% of the cost of a banana went to marketing, packaging and top tier exec bonuses.

Vidya is now on par with produce.
Does "marketing" also include "pay a shitload of money to get a Hollywood actor as a VA"?
CIANIgger wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:09 am
GoldenEye a shit. Darkwatch all day baby.
Holy shit, people remember that game?!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:42 pm

Fuck ya man. It lacked implied rape and the women were not choked enough or naked enough for a vampire series, but that was a damn fun game.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:13 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:16 pm
Yeah, the old school shooters were trying to be games, new ones are trying to be either movies or, in the case of multiplayer shooters, microtransaction simulators. You can't compare games that are going for different things.
That sounds like something Pat the NES cuck would say. While there are trends, with a lot of retro old school stuff making a comeback, now we have more varienty and selection than even - especially when it comes to good old school FPS, a lot of them are being released in current year. We only remember the good stuff from the past, aside from the most embarrasing shit like Daikatana, most of the bad stuff gets forgotten - only few games were like Doom, Blood etc., rest was mostly meh or crap.

And don't even talk about cinematic shooters - I used to like modern Battlefield a lot, but these swedick cuckmasters keep adding more and more bullshit to the multiplayer that tries to cater to the most pathetic casual audience of losers who want to feel like they're playing a war movie. So like Angry SoyJoe. Fuck EA, DICE and BattlefieldVagina.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:04 pm

The ratio of bad to good games seems higher now though.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:59 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:42 pm
Fuck ya man. It lacked implied rape and the women were not choked enough or naked enough for a vampire series, but that was a damn fun game.
I mainly remember it for the first FPS were I noticed the dreaded "Can't carry more than 2 weapons at a time" trend, and pretty much the only PS2 game that actually crashed on me during play.

Still, it held my attention longer than Westernshit usually does.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:06 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:04 pm
The ratio of bad to good games seems higher now though.
I feel that comes from two key factors:
1) The usual nostalgia filter that applies to anything, in which you remember the good more than the bad in the past.
2) In the past, there was shelf space competition in stores, as even video game centered stores could only hold so many physical copies. This made a lot of the shovelware less noticeable because there was less room to put it and there'd only be so much in each store. Now with so many things digital, there's unlimited space for all of those shovelware games to be shown and thus their quantity seems higher.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:14 am

Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth came out during the golden PS1 era, and it has to be the absolutely worst game I've ever played.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Don't you mean a hidden gem?!
-Yours Truly

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:59 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:42 pm
Don't you mean a hidden gem?!
No. You go to time-out.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

AngrySpoonySnob