Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:56 pm

Raging Raul would've nothing to gain from joining in on the "fun". Plus he's lazy and generates enough drama himself.

Spoony, as always, plain doesn't give a fuck. Too much effort.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:58 pm

> Wondering why Spoony didn't do something.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:24 am

I feel like CA got the better end of the deal with this controversy. Sure they lost some subs thanks to mass hysteria/bandwagoning, but they’re already regaining and got to purge the channel of useless garbage that contributed nothing aka 98% of content creators.

With their success on YouTube the site exists for merchandise and whatnot, and now the Walkers/MuhChode are parasite free and have full control. Sure they have some other series, but those folks feel more like part of the brand than any of those other useless deadweights ever did.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a CA advocate by any means, in fact I’ve been out of the loop since the critic’s return. I just like when bad people get what’s coming to them, namely how this all blew up in the butthurt brigade’s face instead of their intended target.

Also X where the fuck is my brad expose you tranny?

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:05 am

I suspect that they were eventually going to do a "thank you ever so much for your years of support, but we're changing focus to our YouTube channel..." with the site. within a year or so.

But only having two reasonably popular contributors is far more manageable (and looks good on them), so will probably remain the same until the company closes or gets bought out by someone else.

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:16 am

Guru Larry wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:05 am
I suspect that they were eventually going to do a "thank you ever so much for your years of support, but we're changing focus to our YouTube channel..." with the site. within a year or so.

But only having two reasonably popular contributors is far more manageable (and looks good on them), so will probably remain the same until the company closes or gets bought out by someone else.
I’m gonna buy you out and stick my saggy balls between your fucked up teeth. 😄 Good work with your valiant efforts my man, shame the death match ended in a stalemate.

confusedX

Post by confusedX » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:07 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:24 am
Also X where the fuck is my brad expose you tranny?

...ASS?!?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:21 am

The biggest benefit to CA with the whole twitter nontroversy is what Larry said about fewer contributors. It's better to have a smaller group for many reasons.

a) More creative control:

I don't know who owns what, because Doge is a fuckup. But with fewer big names at CA, the show is basically their youtube channel, which is doing very well. I doubt Token Black and Fat Latina are owners, so they're probably more like Doge's employees. Doge and Motherfucker Mike probably own everything and that means more money split fewer ways. People only watched for Doge anyways, and the two extras are just foils for Doge. There's no point having a bunch of hanger-ons and affiliates if they don't translate to money aka more viewers.

b) No split focus:

With only one channel, there's only one place viewers need to go to get the videos they want. They're not bombarded with a lot of shit they don't care about, like they were back when TGWTG made you use their website to watch videos. TGWTG fans want to watch autistic Doge videos and that's what the TGWTG youtube channel uploads. With fewer uploaders, fans get more of what they want and less of the extraneous stuff.

c) Fewer personality conflicts:

I think we can all point to specific key moments in TGWTG's history where conflicting personalities caused problems that shouldn't have happened, and wouldn't have in a more professional workplace. Tamara and Gay Black Furry know they are employees and they haven't been super vocal about shitting on their boss. Doge being hated by former employees is irrelevant since TGWTG fans in current year don't watch those other channels.

I already said it, but the last point is obvious: More Money Per Person. Having more contributors doesn't mean you'll necessarily have more viewers or more quality videos. It could mean you'll have a lot of leeches who put out shit nobody cares about and only get views because they were Doge fans and this shit is being posted in the same place as Dogevideos. Fewer employees also means fewer people to pay and get taxed on.

There's a reason Two Best Friends Play don't post all their WoolieVersus, Pat Streams At and Flophouse Funzies shit on their main channel. They know that people sub to TBFP to see fucking TBF Playing. People sub to the Doge to see the Doge. People visited TGWTG to see the Doge. I don't want to go check TBFP channel and see a bunch of Woolie waifu shitposts.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:35 am

Guru Larry wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:05 am
I suspect that they were eventually going to do a "thank you
lol you're delusional

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:56 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:21 am
The biggest benefit to CA with the whole twitter nontroversy is what Larry said about fewer contributors. It's better to have a smaller group for many reasons.

a) More creative control:

I don't know who owns what, because Doge is a fuckup. But with fewer big names at CA, the show is basically their youtube channel, which is doing very well. I doubt Token Black and Fat Latina are owners, so they're probably more like Doge's employees. Doge and Motherfucker Mike probably own everything and that means more money split fewer ways. People only watched for Doge anyways, and the two extras are just foils for Doge. There's no point having a bunch of hanger-ons and affiliates if they don't translate to money aka more viewers.

b) No split focus:

With only one channel, there's only one place viewers need to go to get the videos they want. They're not bombarded with a lot of shit they don't care about, like they were back when TGWTG made you use their website to watch videos. TGWTG fans want to watch autistic Doge videos and that's what the TGWTG youtube channel uploads. With fewer uploaders, fans get more of what they want and less of the extraneous stuff.

c) Fewer personality conflicts:

I think we can all point to specific key moments in TGWTG's history where conflicting personalities caused problems that shouldn't have happened, and wouldn't have in a more professional workplace. Tamara and Gay Black Furry know they are employees and they haven't been super vocal about shitting on their boss. Doge being hated by former employees is irrelevant since TGWTG fans in current year don't watch those other channels.

I already said it, but the last point is obvious: More Money Per Person. Having more contributors doesn't mean you'll necessarily have more viewers or more quality videos. It could mean you'll have a lot of leeches who put out shit nobody cares about and only get views because they were Doge fans and this shit is being posted in the same place as Dogevideos. Fewer employees also means fewer people to pay and get taxed on.

There's a reason Two Best Friends Play don't post all their WoolieVersus, Pat Streams At and Flophouse Funzies shit on their main channel. They know that people sub to TBFP to see fucking TBF Playing. People sub to the Doge to see the Doge. People visited TGWTG to see the Doge. I don't want to go check TBFP channel and see a bunch of Woolie waifu shitposts.
Couldn’t have said it better myself.

ChangeTheChunnel

Post by ChangeTheChunnel » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:24 am
I feel like CA got the better end of the deal with this controversy. Sure they lost some subs thanks to mass hysteria/bandwagoning, but they’re already regaining and got to purge the channel of useless garbage that contributed nothing aka 98% of kahntent creators.

With their success on YouTube the site exists for merchandise and whatnot, and now the Walkers/MuhChode are parasite free and have full control. Sure they have some other series, but those folks feel more like part of the brand than any of those other useless deadweights ever did.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a CA advocate by any means, in fact I’ve been out of the loop since the critic’s return. I just like when bad people get what’s coming to them, namely how this all blew up in the butthurt brigade’s face instead of their intended target.
Agreed. All that crap about what happened years ago. Jesus. CA was part of an emerging field. They were inexperienced. They didn't know what they were doing, they didn't have a guidebook that told them how to run a business in a new medium. I don't know what the Butthurt Brigade would have done different, considering they were just as dumb and inexperienced.

True, if Michaud took a real interest in his own company and grew as a businessman, CA would probably be on the level of RLM now. But all things considered, they're doing okay. It's just enough to keep afloat.

The Walkers did the right thing by keeping quiet and letting Michaud speak when the flames died down. I still don't know if he intended it, but that letter revealing JewWario as the molester killed the whole movement. It was a beautiful blow and it proved that Lupa and her complicit bitch buddies weren't smart enough to keep things under cover.
RedLine wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:05 am
Lupa is alone. She has no one. Fucking Spoony has a better social life than her and he's practically a chair.