Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Ihatebradjones

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by Ihatebradjones » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:15 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:30 pm
Speaking of AIDSMoby,
Is it possible that the gameplay of Sonic causes autists to gravitate towards it?

I always found the game frustrating to play.
The Kiwis had an entire thread on the connection with Sonic and autism. The conclusion they reached was that Sonic is everything these weirdos wish they were: Popular, cool, hip and lucky. So they try to live through him to escape their own failed and miserable lives.
"Brad looks like a cancer patient" Lordkat from his Pop Quiz Hotshot riff.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:19 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'd expect from your average foxdick. Massive amounts of projection and being completely off the mark.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:16 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:06 am
I remember Egoraptor was a voice in it even though he's only slightly less autistic than Blob in his Sanic hatred
Some (most, really) would do anything to appear in a "movie".
Liar Revealed wrote:
Speaking of AIDSMoby,
Is it possible that the gameplay of Sonic causes autists to gravitate towards it?
That could explain why the fandom is so autistic:

Autism (from the character) x Autism (from the gameplay) = Autism²
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:49 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
I always found the game frustrating to play.
You are not alone. I was a Nintendo kid so I might be biased in this, but Sonic was never that good at all. Controls and level designs were shit and the game became very stale after a certain point. Me and my school mates barely ever played any Sonic game to its end, it was fun to fool around with some 30-60 min max and then play something else. Graphics were really good for its time and the soundtrack was good, it was mainly an audiovisual experience tech demo masked as a game. The parts when the game slowed down and became more of a real platformer (like parts of that lava level where you have to avoid spikes, push rock blocks etc. was that in Sonic 1 or 2, don't remember), that was when the horrible controls came out. Besides the shitty controls the only challenge from these games came from the water level(s?) where it seemed to be just down to luck if you could find an air bubble before you ran out of breath while listening that fucking annoying drowning music. The Sonic games were at their best when the game lunged so fast you didn't realise the boring, repetitive level design and you had some sort of illusion that it mattered what button you pressed on a controller, you just watched Sonic lunging forward through a line of rings blingblingblingbling.

Mario 3, Doki Doki Panic, and even the first Super Mario Bros were all vastly better platformers than Sonic 1-2. If someone really prefers Sonic over the Mario games of that time, that must be a sign of a real autist. In a way Sonic has always functioned as an autism meter.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:46 pm

Haven't played a Sonic game in a while aside from Mania, but I've completed the first two just fine. For the first the only ones that were a pain were the Spring Yard, Marble Zone Act 2 -3 and maybe Scatter Brain. For Sonic 2 the second to last level with the sky, the Cave one, and some other shit. Not bad, but I would never want to play Sonic 2 ever again, because that's what Mania is for

And I wouldn't say the controls were all that bad when compared to say Forces when they pointlessly added Classic Sanic because pandering. Now that was really shitty.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:14 pm

I like Sanic Adventure 2 but the plot is meme levels of awful.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:30 pm

SA2 is fine. Shadow the Edgehog is the really bad one
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:27 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:30 pm
SA2 is fine.
LMAO fucking autist.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:00 am

Sonic 3 was good, just too easy, even as a kid
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:13 am

Honestly the Autism came from the start by the first game in North America. This didn't happen in Japan because no one gave 2 fucks about it over there. Reason is because of Sega of America's marketing. I am glad someone put up the RLM video because it shows what I am talking about even though the fanboys got butthurt by it. It was always an average at best franchise that got pushed by marketing pretending it was greater than it could be.

They push the speed factor in the games but it is designed so poorly around that. People got butthurt by RLM flat out saying how quick you have to react to any enemies on the screen by saying oh you need to roll when you are going fast to protect yourself. But that is bad design. Even other platformers that get speed runned you don't need to worry about sudden attacks since you can something coming at you. Not in Sonic. You need to roll since you can't react and jump to avoid the attacks.

And all the games except possibly 1 were buggy as shit. Back then people tolerated it especially with 2 because of nostalgia and marketing compared to 2006. Falling through floors was always there.

The attitude stuff is nonsense as well since it was the 90s attitude. The extreme era was a bunch of flashy stuff in your face but if you look at the core the 90s was the beginning of the PC era. The flashy stuff was to mask it until now. Sonic was no different if you watched any of the 90s cartoons. That's why you can preach about Sonic being edgy but the second you hear the word damn or hell in a Sonic game the US fans sperg out. It's for that reason. Japan you could have Sonic say shit and no one blinks an eye.

This is the only reason Mania and this movie were successful. Because of the brainwashing that happened then that the older games were good.

If you don't give a fuck about Sonic, you think the movie is crap as we saw with the Walker brothers and how they thought it was a 90s movie. While if you were a autist fan you worship it and do all you can to get it a 95% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes.