Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
veris leta facies

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by veris leta facies » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:14 pm

Doge likes Starship Troopers? Do I have to consider subscribing Channel Awesome next? :D That's the second greatest movie from Master Verhoeven, love that final propaganda commercial at the end, how it ends exactly where the book starts "Come on you apes, you wanna live forever?".
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:06 am

veris leta facies wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:14 pm
Doge likes Starship Troopers? Do I have to consider subscribing Channel Awesome next? :D That's the second greatest movie from Master Verhoeven, love that final propaganda commercial at the end, how it ends exactly where the book starts "Come on you apes, you wanna live forever?".

If the rumors are true Doge can't have many of these left in the can. But I am skeptical of those rumors.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Whybother

Post by Whybother » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:33 am

Oh God, Doge us attempting to explain subtext... It hurts, it hurts.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:38 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:06 am
veris leta facies wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:14 pm

If the rumors are true Doge can't have many of these left in the can. But I am skeptical of those rumors.
Thise rumours are bullshit that Lupa cucks repeat to keep their ""*" movement"""" alive

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:42 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:38 am

Thise rumours are bullshit that Lupa cucks repeat to keep their ""*" movement"""" alive
But come on. Let's be real. That video shows him without pants, and jokes about him being half nude at the end. Wouldn't that be the best, last NC video ever? :lol:

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:07 am

If Douche bothered to do just a little fucking research, he could've explained some basics behind the movie instead of clumsily saying that he believes there is more to it... it's not like Verhoeven was secretive of what he was doing, he read 30 pages of the book, hated it and decided to make a movie mocking the basic ideas.

The book is from 60s if I remember correctly and it was popular for a while. I haven't read it, it's possible that it's trash. Or it's possible that today's pussified society needs something exactly like that.
Angelfire Memes wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:47 pm
Starship Troopers is amazing. One of the good things about >current year is that more people seem to understand the satire and rightly hold it up as the work of genius it is.
I wouldn't give "people" too much credit. It might be that a lot more people just see nazis in the movie being mocked and think that it's good because of that.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

GestapoAssiman

Post by GestapoAssiman » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:14 am

No fucking shit people like Doge like the film. It's a complete mockery of the original book and its ideas.
- and that's a good thing.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:09 pm

OK, what a lame review, a good reminder to stay away from Doge's content, he didn't have anything new or interesting to say about the film. RLM did it better in every way.

Starship Troopers is one of those rare cases along with American Psycho and Ravenous where director tried to make some statement, failed, but nevertheless achieved to create unintentionally something amazing. Feminist director Mary Harron tried to satirize Bret Easton Ellis' (accused of being misogynist) novel, feminists ended up hating American Psycho. Vegetarian Antonia Bird tried to make a statement against meat-eating with Ravenous, but who really gets that subcontext from that film, besides other veggies? Verhoeven apparently tried to satirize Heinlein's militaristic novel, but I've never heard anyone saying how they liked how ST mocked fascism, instead I've heard many times how the film made people want to join the military. GG Verhoeven. :D
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:08 pm

Just recently somebody subbed the 1988 anime adaptation of Starship Troopers. This one is supposed to be much more accurate to the book. It's stuck in legal hell and will never be on DVD or Blu-ray.
https://nyaa.si/view/1027048
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:12 pm

He doesn't seem to understand what fascism is. Joining the M.I is voluntary, and is supposed to give a person more rights because they put the group first. Hell, Rico's parents were millionaires and aren't citizens, so it's still possible to have some sort of life even without citizenship. The people are given the freedom to choose, that's not fascism.