Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:48 pm

Let's just hope they didn't have mechanical dreadlocks, or lese Ken will sue their asses.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:38 am

Salmonella wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:50 pm
With every Sonic game I've played going fast is an active detriment to your success.
They expected you to basically speed run the games. Going fast is just a thing that's possible in no other way than it being possible in any other platformer. Outside of memorizing the entire level and trying out what route is the fastest you're left with a very shitty platformer.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

RandomDC3

Post by RandomDC3 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:04 am

copypasta tl;dr from a faggotShow
Let us have a moments silence at this terrible loss.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

This all kicked off with #complicit movement and now you could hang yourself with all the anti Channel Awesome/Doge Walker videos, tweets and messages cluttering the Internet. I've even had people asking me what my thoughts on this are. Well now. Seeing how the Internet has decided we're allowed to shit on this man (at last) let's open up some old wounds shall we?

TGWTG/Channel Awesome was an awful website, run by awful people and they're finally getting what they deserve. I don't have much to say on the people who left because I don't really like any of them all that much. Not for any personal reason besides harmless jabs (mainly at Angry Joe and Linkara's expense) I'm just not a fan of their content. I figured we should all focus on the real people at fault here.

For full disclosure, I did enjoy Doge Walker's work when The Nostalgia Critic debuted. I liked the earlier reviews that were quick, funny and got to the point. Ya know before he made them 30 minutes long, filled with cringe and cameos. I'm not going to entertain the idea I was the first to speak up on Doge Walker's horseshit, but I am comfortable saying I was one of the first 100 to do so. I began to have issues with Doge's work with the One Year Anniversary Brawl. I remember being in a skype call with friends, we watched it together, I didn't enjoy it, and I began to point out the problems to which my loving friends basically told me I was wrong and that TGWTG was really funny. The problem escalated with the release of Kickassia and I officially stopped enjoying his work altogether. I lost friends and respect from people who felt I was "just jealous and a stupid hater of TGWTG!" I would not be surprised if those same people are now talking shit about Doge Walker. I said this isn't a I TOLD YOU SO but let me just say this to those who told me I was wrong.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uK1n2rOcr7k

I agree with the sentiment that Doge and Channel Awesome are the worst thing to happen to Internet Reviewing. I feel it was the unwatchable reviews full of lazy critiques produced by egomaniacs that led to the medium being viewed as a joke by the masses. What I do is Internet Reviewing. I don't need skits, I don't need Forced Memes, 3 hour long anniversary films (that could be used as torture in Guantanamo Bay) or effectively showing you a whole movie then whine about "Where's the fair use?" when copyright holders get rightfully pissed off about people seeing THE WHOLE MOVIE FOR FREE! I just rely on words and expressing my view point while a comic helps highlight my points. I just talk and hope somebody listens. I'm not interested in being apart of a website, making ad-revenue, being hired by IGN, and I pray to Jesus nobody from a big company calls me up asking for a job. Then I'd be censored, neutered and unable to truly "speak."

I do this mainly to make me laugh. But if one of you laughs as well? Then that makes it all worth it.

I'm not going to pretend for one second that the shit I do is "a work of art" or I am perfect. It has spelling issues, I wish my spriting ability was better than it is and I could do this more often without sounding like a bitter grump. That being said, this is all a hobby of mine and not a job. Doge on the other hand thinks he's the next Steven Speilberg when in reality the likes of Tommy Wiseau can laugh at his "directing skills." If he's somehow reading this. Hey, Doge. How does it feel to produce 3 movies that make The Room look like Citzen Kane?

I've always put myself down on my own abilities. Wishing I could do better and get a better handle on tech. Yet the fact that Doge doesn't know how to record A COMMENTARY makes me realise that I'm doing fine with what I got. Sure I may not have billions of likes or subscribers, but at least I know how to record a goddamn commentary! Jesus Christ!

But I digress. As Bigfoot once said "This isn't about me. This is about you!" Where I think Doge and pals went wrong was they put themselves before the task at hand. It wasn't Doge, Lewis, or Joe criticing something. It was these unfunny Internet characters with Messiah complexes so large they make Jim Sterling seem modest. I've had people tell me they hate a movie "because these guys hate it!" and it's so depressing to see people form a viewpoint based on somebody else. When they were just content saying "THIS MOVIE/COMIC/GAME/WHATEVER SUCKS!!!!" and leaving it under 8 minutes then they're passable fluff we can ignore. Yet when they puke up HOUR LONG videos filled with skits, cameos, jokes, forced memes and other stupid bullshit is when you need to stop watching! I think the Anniversary movies sums it up nicely for me. People liked these guys when they're either ranting or complaining about something. They have no interest in watching you "act!" They're all basically graduates from "The Egoraptor School of Acting" which means confusing SHOUTING AND SWEARING like a five year old with having a personality, and ideas even AVGN got tired of around say 2009.

Also while I have a moment of your time, can I ask an honest question? Why do these people need movies? You sit on a couch and whine about a movie for 20 minutes. That does NOT mean I want to see you for 92 minutes "acting." I know they all saw AVGN was doing it and felt they should try this too. But where one person can find reasonable success with something, doesn't mean you have to follow suit. I have not seen AVGN's movie but after watching Doge's efforts, I want to avoid it and Linkara's movie like the plague!

However I think it's not fair to lay all the finger of blame at that talentless, bald headed twatmonkey, when Mike Michaud's just as responsible for CA nose diving in it's later years. I think it was Lord Kat who said "All he does is sit on Xbox Live all day and do fuck all!" It's HILARIOUS reading up on his bullshit behaviour and you quickly learn that Channel Awesome begins to remind you of WCW in it's final years. People being fired over the phone, pay disputes, one talent being pushed over the rest, and people just walking out to move onto something better. The fact people turned the contributors page into a meme over who'd be the soul survivor was priceless.

On that note; congratulations to Guru Larry for winning the 1st ever Channel Awesome Hunger Games.

There was that shady Indiegogo campaign for a "game show" that only saw the light of day when people threatend to take a closer look as to where that money went. A Game Show? Seriously? Why do these fuckers need a game show exactly? You'd think because of Mighty No 9, Anita Sarkiseen, and shit like this that crowd funding would be unpopular or that the Government would step in to regulate it at this point. But it does produce some decent outcomes. Love you, Shovel Knight.

In the original draft of this summary, I devoted a section to talking about the former CA staff for waiting this long to walk out. Ya know, me keeping this even and what not. Because it is bloody stupid they'd remain silent for 9 years straight over this shit when any sane individual would have sold the exclusive story before they hashed their first tag.

.... And then I read Channel Awesome's official response to the allegations that led to the shocking revelation that JewWario wasn't quite who he thought he was. This is going to shock some of you, but to quote The Joker "for once I'm stuck without a punchline." I don't even know how to approach this in anyway. I mean sure CA's response was utter pigshit (sorry you felt that way?) but this trainwreck seriously took a turn for the worse. If everyone involved KNEW about this and kept hush about it then shame on all of you. Or if the contributors were kept in the dark as well and only Doge, Rob and Michaud knew then that's just as bad. Maybe Doge can make a new video where he writes "PLEASE TAKE ME BACK!" on his chest as he begs for his old job back?

All of this bullshit could have been avoided if they just said "WE'RE SORRY!" Is it really difficult for you to say "I am sorry" boys? Is that going to tarnish your fragile egos to do so? I always knew you guys were full of it but holy-fucking-shitballs! I've been saying it for years but I'm glad people finally realize what absolute cockends you truly are. I hope your fucking site burns to the ground. Hell I'll light the place on fire "so you don't have to!"

And on a personal note to Doge Walker.

You called my idol, Rik Mayall "a screeching idiot who isn't funny."

Looked in the mirror lately, bitch?
[User was banned for this post!]
Here's something wholesome instead.
phpBB [video]
Last edited by Kugelfisch on Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Intense faggotry of the highest order.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:25 am

All in favour of banning copypaste sperg?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:33 am

Thanks guest for posting some worthless ramblings from 2018 written by a Sonic fanart autist.
Really brings a fresh perspective.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:46 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:25 am
With extreme prejudice, please.

GitGud
Quality Poster

Post by GitGud » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:44 pm

Ja, light him up.....

Or do it the way grandpa did it, and shoot him in the back of the head with an Luger.....
I will return when i the times are dire.
"I had this nurse yesterday who was super careful giving me morphine and she sais "this could kill 4 of me lols"

That was fun.
-Auli

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:35 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:46 pm
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:25 am
With extreme prejudice, please.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:49 pm

This is what has been funny since Change the Diaper has happened. All the spergs that were supporting it still stalk Doge's videos all the time. They were just sperging on Twitter a few days ago about how long his Sam Raimi's Spider- Man 1 review is.

Now I haven't watched it but my understanding is that is that it's over 40 minutes long. I don't think the review itself is that long for a couple of reasons. First is because he always puts the sponsor of that video in the middle of the video. Second is that he always shouts out a charity and sometimes if he is going to be at a con at the end of the video. This has been the format for a few years now. Also I need to double check but I think his X-Men 1 review was a similar length because he obviously needs to explain a few extra things to the audience about the character and I am going to guess some history about the production about this movie and how long it took to make one.

If he does Spider-Man 2 like X2, it is going to be shorter.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:41 am

That or it'll be loaded with skits I don't know. Last time I watched a video of his was during the time where Deadwing Dork went live but made worse because considering Dork knows nothing about Mad Max iirc plus he pauses a lot.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.