Asalieri thread

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Cuckara

Re: Asalieri thread

Post by Cuckara » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:38 pm

Like you said, this shit is 8 years too late. Asa hasn't been able to draw in new fans in several years, and most of his old fans abandoned him long ago because he kept getting into the pettiest of pissing contests with other YouTubers. I'll give him one bit of credit; he finally figured out it's time to stop, whereas BatDan will be attacking Chris Bores until one of them drops dead.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:41 pm

Wait with the applause for a while. Wouldn't be the first IN to claim that he's totally done with this shit, only to return later.
And Deathfat920 died years ago. Not sure if that really had an effect on his decision.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:26 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:41 pm
Wouldn't be the first IN to claim that he's totally done with this shit, only to return later.
It wouldn't be the first time HE'S done that either.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:19 pm

If he wants to figure out why his channel is/was toxic, he needs to look in a mirror. He was getting into autistic slapfights and flamewars with faggots on MMORPG websites before we ever had any contact with him. He's an og lolcow. I saw some pretty toxic-ass looking thumbnails perusing his channel just now, too. So I don't think he's gonna stay away from drama long. I doubt hellstink dying meant anything to him. I don't believe they were really friends and he was turbo assmad at hellstink around the time of his death, so the memorial video was extra insincere. Razorfag maybe. I don't remember what they even fought about. Probably dumb political shit, since he's liberal and razor is conservative.

Oh and asa was posting RARshit well after hellstink's death and his razorfist falling-out, so that's another point against either of those being the reason.
SpoilerShow
The concept of RAR is not in-itself toxic or shitty. He just made it that way by choosing to "review" them in a shitty way that came across as mean-spirited even by DHI's standards. You could absolutely review reviewers in a humorous manner. Something similar to how Clint's Reptiles on youtube reviews various pets on 5 categories and assigns them scores to reflect their amenability to being kept as pets.

Something like:

1) Did this reviewer tell me anything I didn't already know about x?
2) Does this reviewer seem knowledgeable about the media they are discussing? Do they have genuine insights?
3) Is the reviewer an insider or an outsider? What is their relationship to the field?
4) Is the reviewer's central thesis reasonable? If they use humor, is it funny or not? If not, why?
5) If the reviewer is shitting all over the product and made some kind of statement that they could do better, is there direct evidence which already exists proving they cannot, in fact, do better? Reviewers are not required to be creators, but if they are, their creation should be weighted in favor or against their arguments.

And then you take some shit like that and you make it funny with memes or whatever and bam: positive version of rar. Plenty of people use a format like this to review various things. It's not the format that made Asa toxic. It wasn't the format that started the whole jfreedan slapfight, or all the other slapfights he's had over the years. It wasn't the format that harassed Kyle and was borderline threatening him. : DDD
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:24 pm

This bitch always hid under the "I want to be able to constructively criticize these reviewers!" when it was clear that people only paid attention to his shit for the ravaging he did to people like Bores, then Doge, then AVGN and Mike Mattel, then even randos like that Sour Apple guy. Asalieri should just had been honest about it and embraced "toxicity" and pissed on INs, forgetting about muh monetization plans and realizing his content was niche anyway. Shit on Spooky, on Loopa, on Sarah Wilson, all of the bunch.

But no, there goes Asa lecturing about how he doesn't hate these people, far from it, he just want them to be better and blah blah blah...

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:48 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:19 pm
Razorfag maybe. I don't remember what they even fought about.
Asa posted a video response about Trumps wall and, even though he kissed Razorfag's ass during most of it, the latter was platinum mad and played the "you are exploiting me for clicks" card.
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:19 pm
Oh and asa was posting RARshit well after hellstink's death and his razorfist falling-out, so that's another point against either of those being the reason.
I suppose the two had a falling out immediately before his death,because Asa posted 2 videos calling him an unwashed incel who never had a real job and will never touch a real vagina.
Same forethought he displayed with the Cosby video.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:33 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:24 pm
But no, there goes Asa lecturing about how he doesn't hate these people, far from it, he just want them to be better and blah blah blah...
It's a bit like how MovieBlob keeps insisting that he's not a fascist. Fat minds think alike I guess.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:37 pm

The only really good Asa video was when he shit on Linkara for his "Let the ads play" video.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:02 pm

The montage he did with JewWario's attempt of crowdfunding scam also became hilarious in hindsight.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:38 pm

Some of his RARs weren't bad, like the one about that Brazilian faggot who was stinking Youtube with his ads about his empty, dead gayming channel.