Pat the NES Cunt

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: Pat the NES Cunt

Post by Guru Larry » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:50 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:57 am
Back in the day we had to tear the covers off of paperback books and send them back, but people would come and take the books themselves home.
Exactly what we had to do with magazines! EDGE was like £5 an issue, so we tore them off as soon as they came in :D

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:44 pm

Guru Larry wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:50 am
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:57 am
Back in the day we had to tear the covers off of paperback books and send them back, but people would come and take the books themselves home.
Exactly what we had to do with magazines! EDGE was like £5 an issue, so we tore them off as soon as they came in :D
That's still done today but that doesn't matter because they intentionally print in excess to inflate their numbers for more advertiser money. EA doesn't intentionally produce too many game copies, though.

And I don't know about retail being their lifeline either. Walmart, sure. Gamestop? They are already dead men walking like video rental stores.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:42 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:44 pm
And I don't know about retail being their lifeline either. Walmart, sure. Gamestop? They are already dead men walking like video rental stores.
They still need them for the time being, 95% of consoles are sold through retailers, either in store or online.

But they try to keep them sweet, main reason why digital copies are more expensive than retail.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:16 am

Guru Larry wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:42 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
They still need them for the time being, 95% of consoles are sold through retailers, either in store or online.

But they try to keep them sweet, main reason why digital copies are more expensive than retail.
So console peasants are the problem and are holding gaming back.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:04 am

Poonoo wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:16 am
Guru Larry wrote:
Kugelfisch wrote:

Can we talk about PC part prices for a second? Fuck bitcoin, PC gaming isn't the titan like it used to be anymore because consoles are catching up with prices for both hardware and software. Newegg always has fantastic deals on ps4 games that steam can't even touch.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:27 am

mad bum wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:04 am
Poonoo wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:16 am
Guru Larry wrote:

Can we talk about PC part prices for a second? Fuck bitcoin, PC gaming isn't the titan like it used to be anymore because consoles are catching up with prices for both hardware and software. Newegg always has fantastic deals on ps4 games that steam can't even touch.
Bitcoin pricks will eventually get their own dedicated graphics cards designed for bitcoin mining so they'll stop buying shit from computer stores. I don't know about Newegg since prices in Australia have always been shit, but retail here aren't offering deals that are all that great compared to getting games on PC. I got Tekken 7 for $30USD which is just under $40AUD only a few months after it was released (September), I had a look now and it is going for around $60-70AUD right now.

Discounts for PC gaming aren't what they used to be because people bought too much shit over the years and stopped buying games because of their massive backlog. I know I have bought less games on Steam over the past 2 years because of that and many have too so the discounts aren't working anymore. But the hardware price will go away soon since they don't want to piss off their customers who will just run to console gaming if they are priced out of PC gaming, so they'll make a dedicated Bitcoin card designed solely for those calculations rather than gaming.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:31 am

I desperately need a desktop PC so I can't stop my decade long laptopfagging session, I want all gaymer cunts and Bitcoin idiots to fuck off to Hell so I can be poor in piece.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:56 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:31 am
I desperately need a desktop PC so I can't stop my decade long laptopfagging session, I want all gaymer cunts and Bitcoin idiots to fuck off to Hell so I can be poor in piece.
For what it's worth, gaming laptops haven't been hit by the price increase and can still find one for (somewhat) cheap. If you can call 800 dollars cheap.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:02 am

>gaming laptops
Bitch if I wanted another laptop I'd just buy another Thinkpad.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:40 pm

Well, I manage to snag Dark Souls III with 75% off on Steam last month. In fact, besides Civilization VI and its expansion, which I purchased on launch, every game I have on my Steam library was purchased on sales with at least 66% off. I'd never get those prices on PS3/PS4 games here were I live, not even buying it used.

And I even prefer to play games that require a controller pad on the console, since it's how I grew up playing vydia. But since now I can just plug my PS3 controller on the PC (and keep it charged for when I want to play the PS3), I don't care making this distinction anymore: if the PC port is good, then I'll play it on the PC (which is why I bothered purchasing Tales of Symphonia Collection for the PS3 instead of getting it cheap on the PC, since the PC port is garbage).

But yeah, the GPU prices are retarded right now. I manage to grab a 1060 last Christmas for a good price, after three days of stalking big online retailers for one unit to get back in stock. This week, my brother went to look for a graphics card for his new PC and, lo and behold, the same card that I purchased increased in price, despite it not being Christmas anymore. And he had the same problem of not finding them on stock as well. Fuck buttcoin miners!