Pat the NES Cunt

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Pat the NES Cunt

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:35 pm

Its amazing how that Ian has a store, he can't even sit right, and seems to stuck in the chair because he is fired, also amazing how bitter he is in this video

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:03 pm

Does anyone that isn't a complete cunt even care about that "collector's perspective"? I mean, he's not really a collector. He's a hoarder and scalper.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Boogie's Panniculus

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:26 pm

Oh... did pat make a video about the $0.03 games at walmart?

Convenient that he waited over a month since they started. Im sure he got every cheap game in a 200 mile radius to sell at the hundreds of conventions he goes to.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:16 pm

According to a lot of people they mark them down to 3 cents because that's there way of getting them out of there systems to send back to the vendor for credits. They were never intended to be sold but walmart is gonna walmart.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Boogie's Panniculus

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:58 pm

mad bum wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:16 pm
According to a lot of people they mark them down to 3 cents because that's there way of getting them out of there systems to send back to the vendor for credits. They were never intended to be sold but walmart is gonna walmart.
Yeah, I read a lot of people got shot down trying to buy them while others had cashiers that didn't give a fuck.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:16 pm

I've never heard something so dumb. Why go through the labour of changing the price if you want to send them back? Why still display them if you don't want to sell them?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:41 pm

Big box stores are often required to hold extra copies in the back in case of faulty returns/missing discs. (It's often a requirement from publishers and having to refund is a lost sale that isn't the store's fault)

They're technically supposed to destroy them, so a bit naughty on Walmart's side.

Their UK division ASDA have been doing it for years, I bought every FIFA game on the PS3 from 07 to 14 for £3.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:08 pm

Why wouldn't they just demand the shit being sent back? Or more easily, what usually happens when an item gets a recall and has to be destroyed: Require them to fill out a form that they have to sign stating that they destroyed the items or can get raped in court if they lie about it. It's what happens when food items are being recalled 80% of the time. 20% of the time they actually want it sent back.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:36 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:08 pm
Why wouldn't they just demand the shit being sent back? Or more easily, what usually happens when an item gets a recall and has to be destroyed: Require them to fill out a form that they have to sign stating that they destroyed the items or can get raped in court if they lie about it. It's what happens when food items are being recalled 80% of the time. 20% of the time they actually want it sent back.
Because after a year or two of holding on to them the games are virtually worthless. Distributors can't do anything with old games.

But from when I worked in retail, the requirement was for you to send them the sleeve of the game as "proof" that it was destroyed. It's all done on good faith.

They'd never take them to court though, retail is their lifeline, and still the main way of getting consoles into consumers hands, so got to keep them sweet, even if they're screwing you around. suing them would be biting the hand that feeds them.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:57 am

Back in the day we had to tear the covers off of paperback books and send them back, but people would come and take the books themselves home.
Is Spoony dead yet?