Re: Pat the NES Cunt

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:40 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:49 am
What is this bullshit?!
Dreamcast is shit. Get over it
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Salmonella

Post by Salmonella » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:28 am

I hope the TurboGrafx 16 Mini crashes game prices for that console when it comes out. I just like to see Pat bitch and moan about things like that because he obviously treats video games like the stock market.

I also want a bunch of NWC carts to show up just because all of the salt that would come out of the retro community. Video games are meant to be played, not sit in a safety deposit box like Pats do.

Duwango
Goon

Post by Duwango » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:18 pm

Salmonella wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:07 am
I was playing my NES Classic the other night ago and it made me realize just how bad most of these games have aged. The only one that has really held up is Super Mario Bros 3. Most of the rest of the catalog has been surpassed or at the least feels extremely archaic. I get the same feeling from a lot of these games now that I used to from Atari. I don't get how Pat considers himself a gayyyymur when all he likes is the NES shit.

SNES and Genesis on the other hand hold up pretty well. Most of those games are still playable and the graphics still look good for that style.
I think the NES stands fine on it's own to this day, but I also feel the brand considerably dwindled over the years due to hardcore historical revisionism from soylent hoarding fedoras. The only reason the NES, or more precisely it's games, became well known outside of Japan and NA is due to plentiful of clones and early emulation. Nintendo's predatory, shekel hungry tactics never worked out in (most of) Europe or anywhere else for that matter.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:02 pm

It's retroactive Nintendo fanboyism at work.

(MegaMan 2 was pretty gud, though)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:42 am

Legend of Zelda is still fun to play. I'll play that through about once every year or so.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:28 am

it's so fuckin hilarious seeing a bunch of mutant retards here, acting like NES wasn't the most successful console, by far, of it's time, and didn't have loads of revolutionary games. again, with smooth screen scrolling, which home computer games simply did not do for years after, allowing it to have, indisputably, the bets action games around. fucking master system? please. i've looked through the entire romset before, there's maybe 5 OK games in all of it. and yeah a lot of the games on the NES classic are kinda shitty, but only a complete idiot would judge the actual library based on it.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:21 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:28 am
it's so fuckin hilarious seeing a bunch of mutant retards here, acting like NES wasn't the most successful console, by far, of it's time, and didn't have loads of revolutionary games. again, with smooth screen scrolling, which home computer games simply did not do for years after, allowing it to have, indisputably, the bets action games around.
Reading comprehension is not your strong point, read this again:
Salmonella wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:07 am
I was playing my NES Classic the other night ago and it made me realize just how bad most of these games have aged. The only one that has really held up is Super Mario Bros 3. Most of the rest of the catalog has been surpassed or at the least feels extremely archaic.
And try again Moviebob.
mad bum wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:25 am
Hell Pat has already said he's selling a lot of his games because prices are starting to fall, showing he's as two faced as they come.
And also stupid. You sell when they are at a high, the moment SNES nostalgia starting becoming a thing he should have sold then since it had no where to go but down.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:11 pm

There are a lot of good NES games, acktually. *adjusts glasses*

I'm not even an nes nerd at all. I played maybe 3 nes games when I was a kid, and the rest were as an adult.

River City Ransom is still far and away the best Kunio game ever made and one of the most impressive NES games on the platform. Gameplay has held up fantastically and the visuals are still excellent.

Kirby's Adventure set the gold standard for the series' gameplay and world design. I remember borrowing my friend's brother's NES so I could play kirby's adventure. I had an SNES as a kid, but you couldn't play kirby's adventure on that shit. And kirby's adventure was the best kirby game probably until the GBA/gamecube era. I know people like Super Star, but not only was that game insanely rare, it isn't structured like traditional kirby.

Mega Man 2-6 are all great. Some of the best visuals and music on the NES. It's a matter of debate which is the best, but what's not up for debate is that each game felt more polished than the last. Especially in terms of visuals. Sure, 4, 5 and 6 were the most derivative and unnecessary of the sequels, but they're still enjoyable. Personally, I prefer classic MM to Mega Man X. Zero 2, 3 and 4 invalidated mega man x's gameplay imo, but classic mega man hasn't been topped. I especially liked the power armor introduced in mega man 6 and how they dramatically improved mega man's mobility with it.

I was recently looking up info on the old dragon warrior games, to try to figure out how old console jrpg gay man shit is. Dragon Warrior 2, 3 and 4 were on nes and look breddy ok. It's impressive how much quality KAHNtent was crammed into these NES carts. Of course, Final Fantasy 1 is still fun if you're in the mood for old jrpgs.

The NES has plenty of good games, but you still have to watch out for metaljesus-style "MUH HIDDEN GEMS" faggots who proclaim every old game is a secret masterpiece. And don't forget that you should only play NES games on emulation so that the current year faggots who now hold these IPs don't make a solitary penne. Most of them didn't do any work on the games and are profiteering off old shit with no shame.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:41 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:28 am
it's so fuckin hilarious seeing a bunch of mutant retards here, acting like NES wasn't the most successful console, by far, of it's time, and didn't have loads of revolutionary games. again, with smooth screen scrolling
You do know that's not a standard feature of NES games?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:13 am

I totally missed that "smooth screen scrolling" comment. Yes, so smooth. I love it when the character sprite disappears or flickers to fuck while the screen jaggies its way to the right stiffly.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome