Good thing I got my 1080 when I did.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Boogie's Panniculus

Re: Pat the NES Cunt

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:13 pm

PC isnt "the king" because "AAA" devs have a "console first" mentality. It seemed like it really started with the 360.

Cryptofags had nothing to do with it.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:06 am

Boogie's Panniculus wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:13 pm
PC isnt "the king" because "AAA" devs have a "console first" mentality. It seemed like it really started with the 360.

Cryptofags had nothing to do with it.
If anything AAA have come back to the PC, and even the japanese had to embrace it when they never really did. Crysis 1 represented everything wrong with PC gaming up to that point, the moment you bought a PC in 2 years you couldn't run shit. Imagine buying a rig in 2002 and then suddenly realising your machine is a piece of shit that can't run Half Life 2 or Far Cry in 2004. My old PC from 2010 lasted me until mid 2016, I only had to upgrade the graphics card once in that time with the rest of the machine being fine, that would NEVER have fucking happened in the early 2000s. Recommended specs were always a pile of bullshit, today it's a lot easier since the 970/1060GTX means 1080p/60fps for any game worth a shit, it's far more standardised and honest compared to recommended meaning "will run at 30fps" and minimum being "your computer will not catch fire".
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Boogie's Panniculus

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:25 am

They didnt come back to pc.

Sure, Japanese companies started supporting it, but its more because its so easy to port from console to windows these days. An xbox one is damn near just a windows pc.

The problem with this is that games are designed to run on xbox/playstation. The companies make sure it will be easy to play on a controller, "gimp" the UI and setting, etc.

I cant think of an example, but there are a lot of shitty console to pc ports. People bitched about poor performance, locked framerate/resolution, poor controls/interface on a mouse, etc.

Your example about crysis and pc gaming in the 2000s is an example of how pc gaming isnt king anymore. Seems like no one really pushes PCs like they used to. I dont know how much of that is ensuring a smooth console experience and how much is hitting a wall with cpu speeds (and gpu speeds? I dont keep up with how different gpus generations are anymore).

I remember downloading a leaked demo of Doom 3 and watching my beefy pc cry on the highest settings. It was satisfying to play it a couple years later when the expansion pack came out on maxed out settings.

I dont really miss the constant upgrading. Just saying cryptofags arent to blame for pc gaming not being king.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:25 am

I'd say it's a mix between throwing consoles a bone (who still struggle with 60 fps and resolutions that PCs have already mastered years ago) and it becoming increasingly inefficient to ramp up the graphics. I'd say things will slow down for a good while so future console generations can actually make use of what Current Year graphics are capable of.

I mean, what good are hyper-realistic graphics if they're still restricted to 30 FPS at the most?
Boogie's Panniculus wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:25 am
I cant think of an example, but there are a lot of shitty console to pc ports. People bitched about poor performance, locked framerate/resolution, poor controls/interface on a mouse, etc.
Buying PC ports from Glorious Nippon is a total crapshoot. Even if the publisher already has a large library of ports, you'll never know if the game runs smoothly (Pirate Warriors 3) or like total garbage (Toukiden Kiwami).

And wonder how much of this is plain incompetence, or how much they're being paid by Sony and Microsoft to make sure that their original console version remains the one true way to actually play the damn thing.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:04 pm

Sony pays out the ass for these games, like monster hunter for example. There's no reason the game is going to take a year for pc to get other than people like me getting impatient to play it. I'm sure some ps4's were sold just for that game from the pc master race
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:40 am

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:42 am

Damn, the energy is through the roof! They might be even more boring than Lordfat's shitty podcast, which I thought is just not possible, but some internet nobody is always going to prove me wrong.

Ian looks like he hasn't slept for days and just seems to be ready to drop from his chair onto the floor. In fact, it looks like Pat just picked random hobo off the streets to do a podcast with him.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:34 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:42 am
In fact, it looks like Pat just picked random hobo off the streets to do a podcast with him.
Like Kimble Justice? :lol:
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:30 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:34 am
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:42 am
In fact, it looks like Pat just picked random hobo off the streets to do a podcast with him.
Like Kimble Justice? :lol:
Make a podcast with, not get fucked in the ass by. Although, we don't know for sure for what team Pat is batting for so who knows. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!