Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: Pat the NES Cunt

Post by Guru Larry » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:03 pm

Boogie's Panniculus wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:48 pm
Don't dislike videos bro.

Unless youtube changed shit (or the person I heard this from was lying), disliking a video is positive in the algorithm's eyes.
Anything that counts as "audience participation" is good. Like, dislike, positive comment, shitposting comment, etc... they all add to the videos likelyhood of being promoted.
I think the worst thing you can do, besides not watching, is watching for a short time and then just leaving. As it counts as poor viewer retention.

Larry would probably be able to chime in.
Yup, that's all true. Any viewer interaction pushes a video up the search bar in YouTube's eyes. and if you watch more than 60% of a video, they've essentially won the jackpot. They're paid and you're spammed with their videos in the recommendation box for the rest of eternity.

If you insist on interacting with the video, the only way to damage the algorithms if to flag it as misleading or spam. immediately clicking off a video also tarnishes it.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:35 pm

I can't wait to see Larry blow a fuse.

Pat is claiming that he is the reason the turbografix is so collectable.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-d0vQghwj ... e=youtu.be

(On my phone if someone wants to help)
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

omgwut

Post by omgwut » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:47 am

ChangeTheChunnel wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:16 am
Gotta love how these assholes think CA had a moral obligation to tell the world about an alleged rapist. Have they ever heard of liability? Was a lawyer called in after the victim went to CA? Would they have advised CA management to keep quiet about it, especially if the victim didn’t want to go to the cops? Seriously, I’m curious. I’m seeing all this shit about how they should have done this or that, when nobody is thinking about how the law might operate in a case like this.
I dunno, I kind of agree with him. I think someone like Holly could have totally used her network to get the word out to not get shitfaced and let JewRapist into your hotel room.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:01 pm

So a short watch and click away is worse than a thumbs down,

What is more damaging to the video between not watching or a 10 sec watch though?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:59 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:01 pm
So a short watch and click away is worse than a thumbs down,

What is more damaging to the video between not watching or a 10 sec watch though?
A 10 Second watch, In YouTube's eyes you clicked away because you were mislead into watching the video (false thumbnail/link Etc).

They also see that as the video maker either making unwatchable crap, or trying to abuse ad revenue, conning people into watching their stuff.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:19 pm

If you want to watch the whole video (though why would you) without giving them a click, you could try Hooktube.

Boogie's Panniculus

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:39 pm

Afaik, any way of watching a video counts as a view.

Havent looked into hooktube, but "does it count as a view" was brought up involving youtube-dl before and the concensus is that it does count.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:42 pm

The only way it wouldn't is if they cache the video for subsequent views.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Guru Larry
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Guru Larry » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:53 pm

Boogie's Panniculus wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:39 pm
Afaik, any way of watching a video counts as a view.
It used to in the early days, but douchebags spamming the refresh button forced YouTube to change it.

Boogie's Panniculus

Post by Boogie's Panniculus » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:19 pm

You saying stuff like youtube-dl, hooktube, etc dont count as a view? Do you have any proof?

I know hooktube likes to say it doesnt, but if it functions similarly to youtube-dl it should.
If it doesnt, id like to see how.

Its been a couple years since I looked into it, but youtube-dl has to sorta emulate an actual page view to generate a unique link to the video file. As long as that file was accessed enough, it would count as a view.