Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movieblob

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:40 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:25 pm
"Enough to break even". What a badass.
Yeah, I always love when his responses say more than he intends them to.
For context, that picture of him was taken at PAX East. PAX East is held in Boston, Massachusetts. Bob lives in Lynn, Massachusetts. It's like thirty minutes away by car or twenty or so minutes away if he took the train like a properly evolved human. He's bragging that he made enough money to pay for the petrol for a thirty minute car journey, or the $9 it apparently costs to buy a train ticket
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:33 am

Super intelligent AI is put in charge, immediately orders the euthanization of Bob Chipman.

TheBilthCollector

Post by TheBilthCollector » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:01 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:33 am
Super intelligent AI is put in charge, immediately orders the euthanization of Bob Chipman.
Oh no, death is too easy.

Super intelligent AI would simply do what his parents and society failed to do, make him to get a real job.

That's the most fitting end for Chipman, being dragged off to trade school by robo-guard 9000s while screaming this is all a mistake.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:18 pm

Super Intelligent AI would probably conclude that it wasn't worth the effort. Super Intelligent AI would probably just kill him
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:02 pm

TheBilthCollector wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:01 pm
Guest wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:33 am
Oh no, death is too easy.

Super intelligent AI would simply do what his parents and society failed to do, make him to get a real job.

That's the most fitting end for Chipman, being dragged off to trade school by robo-guard 9000s while screaming this is all a mistake.
And immediately keel over of a heart attack from doing light office work.

As far as PAX East, is it possible he paid a fee to set up a booth? That's what I was thinking he "broke even" on, but I realized all the pics are of him walking around while dressed like a retard. So it's possible that he really is saying he broke even on a ticket and gas, and he thinks that's something to brag about. :lol:

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:14 pm

RedLine wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:35 am
All that BBQ meat is bad for the environment, Bob. You're basically spending summer eating a plate of AR-15s.
I'm still not certain how a goofy-looking pop culture critic (?) got such a high opinion of himself.
Also it's the Northeast so shit tier BBQ anyways. Good BBQ is made in the South and Midwest, AKA the Mayonnaise Ghoul Wasteland. Blob being a properly evolved ubermensch will never know what that's like.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:34 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:02 pm
As far as PAX East, is it possible he paid a fee to set up a booth?
From what I gather from people who were there, he had a panel. It would have almost certainly been as part of The Escapist team with Yahtzee and whoever was at The Escapist at the time (nobody wants Bob on his own) so chances are The Escapist fronted the cost of that panel. So yeah, he really is bragging about making enough money to pay for a thirty minute car trip and the ticket, assuming The Escapist didn't pay for his ticket as well
Kugelfisch wrote:

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:07 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:34 pm
Guest wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:02 pm
As far as PAX East, is it possible he paid a fee to set up a booth?
From what I gather from people who were there, he had a panel. It would have almost certainly been as part of The Escapist team with Yahtzee and whoever was at The Escapist at the time (nobody wants Bob on his own) so chances are The Escapist fronted the cost of that panel. So yeah, he really is bragging about making enough money to pay for a thirty minute car trip and the ticket, assuming The Escapist didn't pay for his ticket as well
That's pretty great, considering how much more popular he was back then than he is now. Nowadays he would be out of gas money. Or train ticket money, since I'm pretty sure the Blob doesn't drive. :lol: Maybe that's why he doesn't go cons anymore. He has to save his money for amiibos and the latest blu-ray enhanced special director's ultimate cut of Black Panther.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:27 pm

A table is what $200? Making $200 isn't impressive

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:39 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:34 pm
And that's not even going into how "breaking even" doesn't exactly make up for his lost dignity :lol:
Guest wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:07 pm
That's pretty great, considering how much more popular he was back then than he is now. Nowadays he would be out of gas money. Or train ticket money, since I'm pretty sure the Blob doesn't drive. :lol: Maybe that's why he doesn't go cons anymore. He has to save his money for amiibos and the latest blu-ray enhanced special director's ultimate cut of Black Panther.
He probably doesn't go because he's afraid people will make fun of him. Which tbf is likely.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette