Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movieblob

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:59 am

We still talking about this piece of shit?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:04 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:59 am
Until he dies or has his internet privileges revoked by whichever family member is currently letting him crash in their basement.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:02 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:04 am
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:59 am
Until he dies or has his internet privileges revoked by whichever family member is currently letting him crash in their basement.
YoU just know he doesn't even pay for their net service.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:55 pm

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (34.66 KiB) Viewed 415 times
This is such an awful fucking take. "Captain Marvel" has another one of those really shitty, underwhelming villains that you see in 70-80% of these fucking Marvel movies. The way he gets defeated ends up eschewing any real form of emotion or depth in favor of a "stronk womyn" moment where she just blasts him (Jude Law) away, this is coming after the movie had established this idea that Carol Danvers was learning how to fight well w/o leaning heavily on her powers. I understand the need to have a moment like that, but comparing it to "Wonder Woman", which a lot of people are already doing, the "stronk womyn" moment of that film was the "No Mans Land" scene, an entire action setpiece that was widely considered to be the highlight of that film.
Blob's argument is that the movie doesn't need to have a good story or antagonist because its developing this character but "Captain Marvel" didn't really do that either. There's an implication that the movie might present the idea that Carol's "Stronk womyn"-ness is performative and that she adopted these behaviors as a way to succeed in the military, but the movie never explores it or gives that idea any sort of depth. Maybe a sequel will do better but it makes me sad that that's where we are now.
Shit like this reminds me why I fucking hate this guy, he doesn't really give a fuck if movies are good, he just wants to drool over brands.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:05 pm

Bet he wants to drool all over Captain Fungus's toes.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:08 pm

He wants to hoverhand her. He's a gentleman, guest.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:11 pm

"The plots are shallow and generic and the villains are shitty, almost interchangeable cardboard cutouts because team Mahvel is focusing on great character writing over explosions!" Okay, sure Bob. That makes sense. :roll: It's totally not lazy hacks who can only right heroic banter and angst dialogue and absolutely nothing else, including the plot that's supposed to give us stakes and a reason to care.

On a more personal note, how'd that Mahvel boycott to #RehireJamesGunn go, Blob? As limp dicked as your actual dick, I see.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:12 pm

Dosent have much of an ass to hovergrope.
I bet he looks at her toes with deep envy because she still has any at all.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:22 pm

I've been hearing nothing but praise about Thanos for ages. Thanos, supposedly, is what made that one capeshit movie great. He's the villain, no? I haven't heard jack shit about any other capeshit movie a week after it was out but somehow Thanos really struck a chord with people.
I guess villains actually matter and Blobbo is just a fucking moron as usual.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:27 pm

Villains are very important because the audience likes them because they do what the audience wants to do (kill everyone).