Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Movieblob

Post by Guest » Sat May 11, 2019 9:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:47 pm
I dunno about other misused "smart people" references, but there was an older tweet he made where he'd very obviously thumbed through a thesaurus before posting, swapping out most of the words for bigger words. Blob is such a pathetic tryhard when it comes to proving he's smart and cultured. He's on the level of an average twelve year old trying to act how they think a genius acts.

His must read book list and must watch movie list were both the most stereotypical shit imaginable, that you'd get from aggregating a bunch of classic book and classic film lists online. No surprises, no underappreciated gems, nothing indicating a single independent thought or opinion because Blob doesn't really like this shit, he just likes TELLING people he likes it. It's all for social cred. He almost 100% guaranteed only read plot summaries and Cliff's notes of War and Peace specifically so he could drop references like this, and even that was probably a big chore for him. I wouldn't even hate him for being a soy filled pop culture drone of brainless, shallow, 'splosion filled popcorn flicks if he would just ADMIT he's lowbrow. But no, he has to fake being the smartest, most cultured man alive, and do the shittiest possible job at it.

I haven't read these lists. Please share them.

Post by Guest » Sat May 11, 2019 9:56 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:43 pm
Guest wrote:
I dunno about other misused "smart people" references, but there was an older tweet he made where he'd very obviously thumbed through a thesaurus before posting, swapping out most of the words for bigger words. Blob is such a pathetic tryhard when it comes to proving he's smart and cultured. He's on the level of an average twelve year old trying to act how they think a genius acts.

His must read book list and must watch movie list were both the most stereotypical shit imaginable, that you'd get from aggregating a bunch of classic book and classic film lists online. No surprises, no underappreciated gems, nothing indicating a single independent thought or opinion because Blob doesn't really like this shit, he just likes TELLING people he likes it. It's all for social cred. He almost 100% guaranteed only read plot summaries and Cliff's notes of War and Peace specifically so he could drop references like this, and even that was probably a big chore for him. I wouldn't even hate him for being a soy filled pop culture drone of brainless, shallow, 'splosion filled popcorn flicks if he would just ADMIT he's lowbrow. But no, he has to fake being the smartest, most cultured man alive, and do the shittiest possible job at it.

They're in the video at about 13:47. He put them in his "Building a Better Gamer" video. Instead of that one, I shared one that pauses the video and mocks him every few seconds because it's the only way I can stand listening to his voice.

drisko

Post by drisko » Sun May 12, 2019 12:10 am

Guest wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:56 pm
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

They're in the video at about 13:47. He put them in his "Building a Better Gamer" video. Instead of that one, I shared one that pauses the video and mocks him every few seconds because it's the only way I can stand listening to his voice.
It's just a list of authors he thinks people should have read, including Ayn Rand because of course she's in there. Though I will admit, Bob even says as the list comes up that none of them are obscure. The movie list is similar, he says "How many movies before 1975 have you watched? Well here's a bunch that are easy to find and not obscure either" or something. It's just him being his same old "You're obviously dumber than me so of course you don't know about this shit."

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 12, 2019 12:13 am

drisko wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:10 am
It's just a list of authors he thinks people should have read, including Ayn Rand because of course she's in there. Though I will admit, Bob even says as the list comes up that none of them are obscure.
And none of them are actual suggestions he'd give or authors he's ever read. He just slammed together a list of famous authors and gave advice he doesn't follow himself, like the whole being active and going to the beach thing.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sun May 12, 2019 12:52 am

Guest wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:56 pm
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
>Stephen King
Kek. I'll admit that I enjoy some of King's work, but I wouldn't ever call him a "must read" author. There are a bunch of horror authors I would recommend before him.
>Ayn Rand
Double kek. No gamer is going to want to read The Fountainhead or Atlas Shrugged. They're both excessively long and Rand cared more about preaching her beliefs than prose or plot or character. There are so many entry-level classic authors (e.g., Aldous Huxley, William Golding, John Steinbeck) Blob could've mentioned instead of Ayn fucking Rand.
>Howard Zinn
Triple kek. Of course Blob recommends that leftist revisionist and doesn't mention any other historians.

By the way, it's funny how Blob doesn't mention a single specific book. It's like he found a random list of classic authors on google and added a handful of his own favorites (King, Rand, and Zinn) to it.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 12, 2019 1:31 am

Cuckara wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:52 am
By the way, it's funny how Blob doesn't mention a single specific book. It's like he found a random list of classic authors on google and added a handful of his own favorites (King, Rand, and Zinn) to it.
It's almost like that's exactly what he did.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun May 12, 2019 5:06 am

Guest wrote:
Why does this guy sound like BlackFaceKermit?

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sun May 12, 2019 3:41 pm

Ayy, I just noticed that Blob's must watch pre-1975 films list has Logan's Run on it. Logan's Run came out in 1976. Also, it isn't that good.

Post by Guest » Sun May 12, 2019 7:59 pm

Fact: most movies before 1975 sucked ass. Watching that shit either means you are old or you're doing it to get some kind of cred for being original and unique. Fuck you.

Second fact: Steven King is ass. Always has been, always will be. That's like making a must read list that includes Tom Clancy and Kevin J. Anderson. Fuck you.

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Sun May 12, 2019 9:59 pm

Cuckara wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 3:41 pm
Ayy, I just noticed that Blob's must watch pre-1975 films list has Logan's Run on it. Logan's Run came out in 1976. Also, it isn't that good.
A movie about euthanizing the Useless Americans before they get old enough to vote Trump? No wonder why he likes it.
Last edited by Oengae on Sun May 12, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.