Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: Movieblob

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:55 am

OldManBones wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:08 am
These goony bearded soyboys always take the exact same type of picture too. Mouth agape and with a dumb look of surprise on their face as if a cock was suddenly heading toward their open mouth.
That's what pisses me off too.

Maybe their fathers never taught them decent fashion sense. Okay.
Maybe they can't control going bald. Nothing I could do dood. Okay.
Maybe they can't figure out how to get a job outside of the incestuous numedia circle-jerk. Ehhhh.
Maybe they can't stop ebegging. Hmmm.

But AT LEAST they could not have their mouths open and eyes wide like they're preparing for a bukkake finish. It costs them nothing to fucking close the mouth and look normal.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:11 am

OldManBones wrote:
Mouth agape and with a dumb look of surprise on their face as if a cock was suddenly heading toward their open mouth.
Not a cock, but a bottle of Soylent. God forbid they got any kind of protein into their system! Only pure, female hormone-drenched, poison will do.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:04 am

OldManBones wrote:
These goony bearded soyboys always take the exact same type of picture too. Mouth agape and with a dumb look of surprise on their face as if a cock was suddenly heading toward their open mouth.
It's the Dreamworks Smirk of internet nobodies. They do it because everyone else is doing that and they have no ounce of creativity in their bones.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:18 pm

Maybe people really should start photoshopping cocks in their mouths. I mean, yeah, there's a good chance they'd enjoy it but there's an equally good chance they might finally fucking learn to stop posing like that
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:00 pm

I'm just gonna quote kiwi on the subject of why Blob's criticism of ANYTHING always fall flat.
jetpack said: As someone who likes to write fiction (publishing is another matter altogether), Bob's deconstruction of culture is frustrating because the man certainly can identify tropes the themes in storytelling, but has absolutely no clue as to how they work. He cannot, for the worthless life of his, actually put the damn thing back together. One reason for this is because Bob's narcissism and simplistic black-and-white worldview cripple his own understanding of the human psyche. As we have witnessed with The Last Jedi, he obsesses over "subversion of expectations" and believes that makes it a smart film. Fans are half-wits if they hate it as far as he's concerned.

The reason why the original trilogy as well as the Indiana Jones trilogy worked was because George Lucas wanted to recreate the excitement he felt when watching the old film serials of his youth. Thus he read Joseph Campbell's The Hero With a Thousand Faces and took inspiration from those serials and other films to (re)construct a film that many would agree is one of, if not THE defining film of the 20th century. Rian Johnson is postmodernist that believes that subverting the audience's expectations is somehow intelligent, which Bob agrees with because it fits with is ideology that the past must be torn down to make way for the Superior Future™.

No. There is a reason why works like the Iliad, Beowulf, and the works of Shakespeare are required reading in every university English program (and frankly, I would be surprised if Bob read any of them.) It's because they fulfilled a basic human need to look beyond this materialistic existence. Deconstruction and subversion are okay if the writer is skilled enough to put it back together. Alan Moore deconstructed and subverted the superhero genre with Miracleman and Watchmen, but was also able to reconstruct it with "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow," Supreme, and Tom Strong. Bob can't because he is too self-obsessed and motivated by instant gratification to look beyond the superficial.
Some kiwi said: I do a lot of writing too and you're spot on about all of this, especially the tropes part. See actual, good critics will delve into the substructures of storytelling and mythology and learn how they function. It's one of the ways you can tell if something has value. That's why Bob cannot talk about archetypes, or ancient themes, or why these stories get told over and over. He lives in the tropes hemisphere, where as long as anything is a throwback to anything it is cliche and derivative. They will sacrifice the value and history of a story structure for shitty twists and meta narratives. They don't want a story that resonates with the deepest emotions and archetypal echoes that fill our mind, he wants Deadpool to literally look at the audience and say "wow that's a little sexist, isn't it?" These idiots live to deconstruct and the height of media in their opinion is when it deconstructs itself.

Someone in this thread or another thread likened it to why video game critics don't like fighting games. Because they're actual games, they're the purest form of "video game," like a sports game. It takes skill, repetition, understanding a system, and becoming the best at it. They don't know what to do with that, it's too hard and alien. All these critics are the same, they don't actually care about any of this. Bob can't talk about why movies work, he would need to do a lot of reading and studying to figure out why stories MATTER. Not entertain, not distract, not deconstruct, but actually matter to people. He's just an MST3K character that takes himself extremely seriously.
That's a really good way to describe blob. Except you can't really overstate how much his shitty political bent and anti-"jawks" hateboner colors everything he does. He hates/hated Halo. Why? Because of his perception that jawks liked it back in the day. He hates call of duty because he thinks jawks like it and he believes it's some kind of conservative pipe dream storyline that nobody right-of-center would ever roll their eyes at or find silly. :lol:

Everything he likes is aligned with what he thinks is politically virtuous and everything he dislikes is aligned with what he believes is subhuman and fit only for the carbon monoxide trucks.

He can't even talk about something in terms of the mechanics, like a movie in terms of enduring themes/ideas or a game in terms of how it plays. It's all bullshit hyperbole about "muh personal vietnam" or the supposed eugenics and racism of the fucking Halo franchise.

Fighting games really are the perfect example of a genre to use to unmask hackfraud "games journalists." They can't say anything of merit about any of the games in the genre because that would require them to sit down and fucking PLAY VIDEO GAMES.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:54 am

Come on, we can't have somebody who only does what he does to push an agenda deal with mechanics. How are you supposed to politicise that?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:22 pm

Two things I wanted to share:
Him and Boogie ought to be room-mates. I don't know how you'd fit them in the same building but it should be done regardless
1) >friends
2) This hypocritical tub of lard was perfectly happy to shit on TB when he was alive and suffering heavily from cancer. But now he's dead Bob can get on his high horse by pretending to be concerned about the people who actually cared about him, in essence doing exactly what he's accusing this person of doing
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:08 pm

Of course it's type 2 beetus. There was never any doubt. This fat fuck ate tons of candy and now he cries when he goes to the store because he can't buy his reese's peenut soy cups.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:54 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:22 pm
1) >friends
>People who acknowlege my existence with something other than complete disdain or mockery.

FIFY

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:03 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:08 pm
Of course it's type 2 beetus. There was never any doubt. This fat fuck ate tons of candy and now he cries when he goes to the store because he can't buy his reese's peenut soy cups.
My point was more the 'I think my diabetes has completely gone away and will never ever come back just because I lost a bit of weight' that both Blob and Booger seem to believe
Kugelfisch wrote: