Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movieblob

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:53 pm

That doesn't sound too bad, honestly. I'm generally not a fan of virus outbreak movies since they love pulling silly stuff, like "We must find patient zero for the magical cure!"
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:01 pm
It's this mentality that leads to shit like Gayme of Thrones. Subverting expectations in itself means nothing. It's neither good nor bad. There's a reason people have expectations about stories: because stories matter to people and it's a lot easier to make a decent story using the common tropes within your genre. If you're going to subvert expectations, the onus is on you to do that in an intelligent and meaningful way.

Throwing a pile of shit in my face when I order a cheeseburger is "subverting my expectations." Blobbo will never understand that QUALITY is more important than meme "originality." It's not even originality because every fucker these days tries to write like gayme of thrones and kill, rape, ruin beloved characters.
I'm not even sure if Georgie boy wants to subvert expactations as much as he wants to slow down the plot as much as possible.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:16 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:53 pm
That doesn't sound too bad, honestly. I'm generally not a fan of virus outbreak movies since they love pulling silly stuff, like "We must find patient zero for the magical cure
Yeah, this one more or less starts with patient zero dying and the CDC getting involved. Figuring out where she got it is a subplot, but only from a tracking and future prevention point of view.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
I'm not even sure if Georgie boy wants to subvert expactations as much as he wants to slow down the plot as much as possible.

The guy's flat out said in interviews that he didn't really plan out his story.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:18 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:16 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
That doesn't sound too bad, honestly. I'm generally not a fan of virus outbreak movies since they love pulling silly stuff, like "We must find patient zero for the magical cure
Yeah, this one more or less starts with patient zero dying and the CDC getting involved. Figuring out where she got it is a subplot, but only from a tracking and future prevention point of view.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:

So Gayme of Thrones is an even more overrated version of Lost that's going to end the same way.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:21 pm

>implying he'll ever get around to finish the final book

At least there's now a legit undead invasion in the TV show. Somethign is actually happening.
Figured as much. It's not like that would actually help them with a vaccine.
That would certainly explain Queen Dragon Mom farting around in bumfuck nowhere for ever and ever.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:53 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:16 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Kind of related to that, I never understood why there hasn't ever been a vidya set during something like a viral outbreak. We've got plenty of zombie shit but what I'd find much more interesting is something set before the deserted city state. That's just a power fantasy with being able to kill people without regret that can't really fight back.
What would be interesting is the time when shit goes down and the non-infected people are the ones you really need to worry about. When society collapses due to zombies, those are the last ones you'd need to worry about.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:43 pm

ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:09 pm

You evil motherfucker messed up that link deliberately so I had to click on it, didn't you?
It's Blob talking about Pickle Rick.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:00 pm

MovieBlob only delivers the cutting edge of memes.
-Yours Truly

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:56 pm

Blob doesn't help disprove the stereotype that Rick and Morty fans are pseudointellectual manchildren.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:43 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:43 pm
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... GG414iGoGE[/youtube]
I dare you. :lol:
Nice downvote ratio and I'm a fan of those comments too. His cult is slowly turning on him.

>actually watching movieblob talk about this shit

Take it away brotha kugel:

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome