Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movieblob

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:01 am

Well, they do sound like raving lunatics with alarming frequency, so they probably draw their members from thhe same crazy pool.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:37 pm
I like that in Ghost in the Shell you can be put into a robot body but you pay for it by being an on-demand special forces bitch. Makes a whole lot of sense, really. If they'd ever do something as expensive as that the military would be the first to do this and you'd likely have to sign some legal paper that your life is basically forfeit.
Haven't watched Stand-Alone Complex, but from what I gathered from the movies and the manga is that civilian android bodies are a think, even if they're probably reserved for rich people, weirdoes, and people whose original body got fucked up real good.
Of course, these won't be superhuman rape machines like Kusanagi, and I seem to recall an author's note from the manga (srsly, my copy has one on like every page for some reason) seems to suggest that a lot of these are genericand use basically the same face (Kusanagi even has her body modeled after one of the generics to make her look less of a special snowflake).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:29 am

Blob is a certified critic on Rotten Tomatoes now.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:59 am

He's certifiable all right.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:36 am

ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:44 am

Eh. It's probably a huge boost for his ego but what does it mean really? Even Cole Smithey can become an RT certified critic and Cole Smithey is probably best known for being Chris-Chan's half-brother. In the very least Cole Smithey provided some lols when he gave Toy Story 3 a bad review and kept the Toy Story trilogy from getting a 100% on RT, and then did the same stunt again years later with some other film and provided some lols there too.

Bob on the other hand, if I wanted to know the other critics' opinion I'd just read their opinions directly
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:06 am

Some of you guys work as freelances in AV or other media. Have you ever had an employer stiffle your pay but say you'll get great exposure?

Well that's RT certification for you: "Oh no, we don't actually pay you....but everyone will recognize your name".

Example 4279 why Chipman is an idiot that has way more luck than he deserves.

Oengae

Post by Oengae » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:07 pm

Best part is before he got on RT he had tweeted that RT is bad for reviewing because moviegoers just look at the "Fresh" rating and don't bother reading the reviews, but since they certified him he's gonna use it for bragging rights. Also his bio on RT is such a joke.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:57 am

Oengae wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:07 pm
Also his bio on RT is such a joke.
>humorously-tinged film reviews
His bio is funnier than anything he's ever done
An example of Bob's 'humour'
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:29 am

Actually, A God of War where Angry McRageface beats the shit out of Jesus might finally raise my interest in this franchise.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:18 pm

Lolsuit update

TL;DR Russ Pitts is apparently not only an incompetent fuckwit but a genuine all around piece of shit, referred to as the Harvey Weinstein of games journalism by industry insiders. It makes sense that Bob would gravitate to him, being a massive piece of shit himself as well as having a history of gravitating towards pieces of shit (ex: Faraci)
Kugelfisch wrote: